Eleven

11, Nizamuddin (East), New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110013, India
#105 of 316 hotels in New Delhi

See Amenities
puuzzleguy's Profile Photo

A Most Helpful Host in Delhi

by written on November 13, 2013

I stayed here 7 nights, terms negotiated in advance over the Internet.

Eleven is well located in a good neighborhood. It is a safe area where folks sometimes don't even secure their doors from the street.

Transportation was very easy as all we had to do was step out on to the street to hail a tuk tuk. On one occasion we walked 2 short blocks to get a taxi with a seat belt - although in Delhi finding that isn't always a snap.

Our host Ajay Anandd was most knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. He could scarcely have been better. He advised us of reasonable fares to pay, such that later transportation negotiations on the street tended to end up being prompt and effective - you walked away politely if you didn't get something reasonable. He gave us advice about places to eat. He arranged airport transportation both coming and going, and he even got train tickets for us to enable a side trip to Agra - and when we almost got caught in a scam at the train station he assured us over the phone from his home that our train wasn't cancelled, and thanks to his advice we completed our trip on schedule and didn't end up being "hosed" for an inter-city taxi ride.

Incidentily, that scam fell apart, partly because of the good conscience of the key actor in it. The people of India were fantastic in my experience - an honorable and safe country, excluding the odd visiting terrorist from somewhere else!

Finally, my private room was adequately spacious, with good storage space and good overhead fans which is a safeguard against mosquitoes virtually never seen indoors. I did see a few mosquitoes outside but only rarely. Rich people in prosperous parts of Delhi often walk about with significant bare skin, with no apparent protection from, or fear of, bites. For myself, I stayed well covered and used repellant at times.

Breakfast was included. It was generous as to quantity and reasonable as to choice.

Importantly, there was free access to a supply of bottled water, so necessary in a city without a potable civic household water supply system.

The neighborhood was quiet at night, and rooms had good air conditioning.

I haven't put a lot of comments online, but Ajay asked me and I was glad to oblige.

Unique Quality: Excellent host and tourism adviser.

Good residential location relative to major attractions and major roads.

Reasonable price.

Directions: on Rahim Khan Marg, off of Mathura Rd between Lodhi Road and Barapulllah Road

jules1955's Profile Photo

The 11 Guest House in New Dehli

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 22, 2010

We were recommended by VT and stayed there this September for four days. All in all I think it was a good choice. The rooms were large, well furnished and clean, the staff helpful and the price OK in comparison to the other guest house we stayed in (Master Guest House).

11 is situated in the Nizamunddin East neighbourhood in south Delhi not far from the railway station and Humayun's Tomb.

We were lucky enough to get the front, ground floor, room which has a garden veranda where we ate breakfast. The other guests ate in their room as the common room was out of order. That was a pity for us as well as the reason we stay in guest houses is to meet other people. We only managed to meet Ajay, the owner' once as he works during the day.

All the meals we ate ate at 11 were very good. We also ordered take away one night from Ajay's list which was OK. On Ajay's recommendation we also ate at Karim's restaurant (Mogul cuisine) which is only ten minutes walk away from 11.

Unique Quality: The bathroom was bigger than the one we have at home!

lynnehamman's Profile Photo

More appeal than any 5 star Hotel

by written on January 20, 2009

UPDATE ON ELEVEN GUESTHOUSE

In January 2013 I had another stay at Eleven Guesthouse.
Ajay has made some wonderful improvements with the recent renovations.
The rooms are larger, airy and well equipped. Beds so comfortable that they are hard to leave.
The bathrooms were very impressive. Large, well lit and beautiful tiled floors.
Nothing changes my original impressions of Eleven........only re-enforces my determination to return here again and again.
Ajay now gives all his guests a free local mobile to use while staying at Eleven. I found this to be wonderful, because getting a local SIM card in India is near on impossible nowadays- so much red tape.
I had a bad dose of flu on my last stay, and Ajay and his staff were wonderfully caring, cooking special meals for me- for which I was not charged. What a kind man and wonderful host he is.
New photos added.

Our stay at this little Guest - House was one of the best we have had in India. Being quite small (5 rooms only) , there is a very homely, friendly and relaxed ambiance. There are two larger rooms, and despite the others being smaller, they are very comfortable. The beds were great.
Kept spotlessly clean, the rooms are cleaned & linen changed every day. Televisions in each room, and free internet access is available. The bathrooms are tiled and modern, and the shower ALWAYS had enough very hot water.
Breakfast is served to order each morning in the communal Breakfast Room, and was always good. Service prompt and with a smile.
Upstairs is a lounge/sitting room., and there is a tray available 24/7 for tea or coffee. Free bottled water is also available.
The small outdoor sitting area with cane chairs is filled with plants, shrubs and potplants.
What does make "Eleven"extra special is the kindness, hospitality and genuine warmth of Ajay Anand, the owner. He went way beyond the "call of duty" in every respect. Arranging transport, giving us information of any sort re shopping, eating and sightseeing. He even personally took us to the Railway station to catch our train onwards to Rajasthan. I cannot thank him enough.
When we missed our train connection from Delhi to Haridwar (on return from Kolkata) because of fog delays in Delhi, Ajay found some emergency accomodation for us nearby- his place was fully booked. He also arranged a car & driver to take us to Haridwar the following morning.
Again- he helped us on return from Haridwar (we had a whole day to pass in Delhi before our flight home) by offering us a room in which to rest & freshen up, and store our luggage.
It is this kind of special kindness that will make me stay at "Eleven" whenever I am in Delhi again. I cannot think of any place that we have ever stayed where we felt so relaxed, and had such a good rapport with an owner or manager(except our favourite hotel, Jaiwana, in Udaipur). It is what makes one want to return.
Eleven is situated in a leafy, green area of South Delhi called Nizamuddin East, and surrounded by beautiful white homes. There are huge green trees everywhere. and birds.
Hamayuns Tomb and other famous heritage Mughal monuments are within short walking distance.
From Nizamuddin East to Connought Place is about 10mins in an auto-rickshaw.
If an airport pick-up is required, it can be arranged. We stayed at Eleven on our first stop, Delhi.Our flight arrived from Sydney at 6am, and we were promptly met by a friendly driver. We were welcomed at Eleven by a pyjama-trousered Ajay, who was also wearing a welcome smile. Its that kind of place. Very casual, very friendly. Welcoming. Thank You Ajay. You will always be a friend.

Unique Quality: Good accomodation in very best part of Delhi
Trees
Birds
The little garden area
The perfect hospitality and kindness of the owner Ajay.

Directions: Eleven
11, Nizamuddin East
New Delhi

For reservations and other other queries please call + 91 9811088966

stephenwaite's Profile Photo

Eleven out of Ten!

by written on March 6, 2008

Must share this gem......says B & B but far better than the "hotels" I stayed in - in India....

Very simply its a very rare breed, I mean its got hot water, spotlessly clean sheets / rooms that are also tastefully designed, free internet, free tea and coffee, free water, great food, friendly staff and its in a quiet location - but not far from the action and its mid priced! The highlight though is Ajay and his family (I still keep in touch). They are super friendly and deliver great service plus offer brilliant advice on "India for Aliens" - as thats what we are - trust me as you may know its a different world (to mine in the UK anyway)! Need to book well ahead........ If you want a peek look at Ajays website ; http://elevendelhi.com/contact.htm
Thanks
Steve

Unique Quality: LOCATION near Nizamudins Tomb (2 minutes walk and in lovely tranquil park), plus only 15 minutes into the "Madness"(cost 80 roopes auto rickshaw)!

HOT WATER........ (very rare in India!)

VERY comfy beds

VERY secure....

Directions: Just ask the rickshaw driver - dont hire a car!!!

Nearby Eleven

6 Photos of Eleven

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Eleven

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about New Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for New Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Delhi hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into New Delhi
Bahá’í House of Worship - Lotus Temple
Birla Mandir
Things to Do
tours dealsinholidays -Privatecity "excelente"
Things to Do
Visit Lotus Temple - The Bahai House of Worship!!
Mouth watering Keema Kaleji
Restaurants
Don't miss the Jhal Muri!!
Restaurants
Agrasen Ki Baoli - a Photographers's treat!!
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple - A must visit
Things to Do
arguably Delhi's most famous culinary destination!
Gurdwara Bangla Sahib
Skip it totally!!
Raj Ghat
Things to Do
Cheap and delicious cakes!
Laxminarayan Temple
Royal Ambiance and Great Food
American Look
Sikhs
Local Customs
India,,, must say..one of best place on earth
National Museum
Visit a huge memorial Humayun Tomb
The Qutb Minar Complex.
Clean and delicious
Restaurants
Great food, clean and delicious!
Restaurants
Excellent Chinese, cheap beer, great service
The best Chinese, Japanese and Thai food in Delhi
Indian Gold Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Cancelled Train Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Low cost eating in central Delhi
Sunday Brunch
Restaurants
Metro to and from the airport
Transportation
Great driver and trip organiser
Transportation