Eleven

11, Nizamuddin (East), New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110013, India

Eleven
Agoda.com Booking.com eDreams

• puuzzleguy's Profile Photo

A Most Helpful Host in Delhi

I stayed here 7 nights, terms negotiated in advance over the Internet.

Eleven is well located in a good neighborhood. It is a safe area where folks sometimes don't even secure their doors from the street.

Transportation was very easy as all we had to do was step out on to the street to hail a tuk tuk. On one occasion we walked 2 short blocks to get a taxi with a seat belt - although in Delhi finding that isn't always a snap.

Our host Ajay Anandd was most knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. He could scarcely have been better. He advised us of reasonable fares to pay, such that later transportation negotiations on the street tended to end up being prompt and effective - you walked away politely if you didn't get something reasonable. He gave us advice about places to eat. He arranged airport transportation both coming and going, and he even got train tickets for us to enable a side trip to Agra - and when we almost got caught in a scam at the train station he assured us over the phone from his home that our train wasn't cancelled, and thanks to his advice we completed our trip on schedule and didn't end up being "hosed" for an inter-city taxi ride.

Incidentily, that scam fell apart, partly because of the good conscience of the key actor in it. The people of India were fantastic in my experience - an honorable and safe country, excluding the odd visiting terrorist from somewhere else!

Finally, my private room was adequately spacious, with good storage space and good overhead fans which is a safeguard against mosquitoes virtually never seen indoors. I did see a few mosquitoes outside but only rarely. Rich people in prosperous parts of Delhi often walk about with significant bare skin, with no apparent protection from, or fear of, bites. For myself, I stayed well covered and used repellant at times.

Breakfast was included. It was generous as to quantity and reasonable as to choice.

Importantly, there was free access to a supply of bottled water, so necessary in a city without a potable civic household water supply system.

The neighborhood was quiet at night, and rooms had good air conditioning.

I haven't put a lot of comments online, but Ajay asked me and I was glad to oblige.

Unique Quality: Excellent host and tourism adviser.

Good residential location relative to major attractions and major roads.

Reasonable price.

Directions: on Rahim Khan Marg, off of Mathura Rd between Lodhi Road and Barapulllah Road

• jules1955's Profile Photo

The 11 Guest House in New Dehli

We were recommended by VT and stayed there this September for four days. All in all I think it was a good choice. The rooms were large, well furnished and clean, the staff helpful and the price OK in comparison to the other guest house we stayed in (Master Guest House).

11 is situated in the Nizamunddin East neighbourhood in south Delhi not far from the railway station and Humayun's Tomb.

We were lucky enough to get the front, ground floor, room which has a garden veranda where we ate breakfast. The other guests ate in their room as the common room was out of order. That was a pity for us as well as the reason we stay in guest houses is to meet other people. We only managed to meet Ajay, the owner' once as he works during the day.

All the meals we ate ate at 11 were very good. We also ordered take away one night from Ajay's list which was OK. On Ajay's recommendation we also ate at Karim's restaurant (Mogul cuisine) which is only ten minutes walk away from 11.

Unique Quality: The bathroom was bigger than the one we have at home!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

More appeal than any 5 star Hotel

UPDATE ON ELEVEN GUESTHOUSE

In January 2013 I had another stay at Eleven Guesthouse.
    Ajay has made some wonderful improvements with the recent renovations.
    The rooms are larger, airy and well equipped. Beds so comfortable that they are hard to leave.
    The bathrooms were very impressive. Large, well lit and beautiful tiled floors.
    Nothing changes my original impressions of Eleven........only re-enforces my determination to return here again and again.
    Ajay now gives all his guests a free local mobile to use while staying at Eleven. I found this to be wonderful, because getting a local SIM card in India is near on impossible nowadays- so much red tape.
    I had a bad dose of flu on my last stay, and Ajay and his staff were wonderfully caring, cooking special meals for me- for which I was not charged. What a kind man and wonderful host he is.
    New photos added.

Our stay at this little Guest - House was one of the best we have had in India. Being quite small (5 rooms only) , there is a very homely, friendly and relaxed ambiance. There are two larger rooms, and despite the others being smaller, they are very comfortable. The beds were great.
    Kept spotlessly clean, the rooms are cleaned & linen changed every day. Televisions in each room, and free internet access is available. The bathrooms are tiled and modern, and the shower ALWAYS had enough very hot water.
    Breakfast is served to order each morning in the communal Breakfast Room, and was always good. Service prompt and with a smile.
    Upstairs is a lounge/sitting room., and there is a tray available 24/7 for tea or coffee. Free bottled water is also available.
    The small outdoor sitting area with cane chairs is filled with plants, shrubs and potplants.
    What does make "Eleven"extra special is the kindness, hospitality and genuine warmth of Ajay Anand, the owner. He went way beyond the "call of duty" in every respect. Arranging transport, giving us information of any sort re shopping, eating and sightseeing. He even personally took us to the Railway station to catch our train onwards to Rajasthan. I cannot thank him enough.
    When we missed our train connection from Delhi to Haridwar (on return from Kolkata) because of fog delays in Delhi, Ajay found some emergency accomodation for us nearby- his place was fully booked. He also arranged a car & driver to take us to Haridwar the following morning.
    Again- he helped us on return from Haridwar (we had a whole day to pass in Delhi before our flight home) by offering us a room in which to rest & freshen up, and store our luggage.
    It is this kind of special kindness that will make me stay at "Eleven" whenever I am in Delhi again. I cannot think of any place that we have ever stayed where we felt so relaxed, and had such a good rapport with an owner or manager(except our favourite hotel, Jaiwana, in Udaipur). It is what makes one want to return.
    Eleven is situated in a leafy, green area of South Delhi called Nizamuddin East, and surrounded by beautiful white homes. There are huge green trees everywhere. and birds.
    Hamayuns Tomb and other famous heritage Mughal monuments are within short walking distance.
    From Nizamuddin East to Connought Place is about 10mins in an auto-rickshaw.
    If an airport pick-up is required, it can be arranged. We stayed at Eleven on our first stop, Delhi.Our flight arrived from Sydney at 6am, and we were promptly met by a friendly driver. We were welcomed at Eleven by a pyjama-trousered Ajay, who was also wearing a welcome smile. Its that kind of place. Very casual, very friendly. Welcoming. Thank You Ajay. You will always be a friend.

Unique Quality: Good accomodation in very best part of Delhi
    Trees
    Birds
    The little garden area
    The perfect hospitality and kindness of the owner Ajay.

Directions: Eleven
    11, Nizamuddin East
    New Delhi

For reservations and other other queries please call + 91 9811088966

• stephenwaite's Profile Photo

Eleven out of Ten!

Must share this gem......says B & B but far better than the "hotels" I stayed in - in India....

Very simply its a very rare breed, I mean its got hot water, spotlessly clean sheets / rooms that are also tastefully designed, free internet, free tea and coffee, free water, great food, friendly staff and its in a quiet location - but not far from the action and its mid priced! The highlight though is Ajay and his family (I still keep in touch). They are super friendly and deliver great service plus offer brilliant advice on "India for Aliens" - as thats what we are - trust me as you may know its a different world (to mine in the UK anyway)! Need to book well ahead........ If you want a peek look at Ajays website ; http://elevendelhi.com/contact.htm
    Thanks
    Steve

Unique Quality: LOCATION near Nizamudins Tomb (2 minutes walk and in lovely tranquil park), plus only 15 minutes into the "Madness"(cost 80 roopes auto rickshaw)!

HOT WATER........ (very rare in India!)

VERY comfy beds

VERY secure....

Directions: Just ask the rickshaw driver - dont hire a car!!!

More about Eleven

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member rubina22

Eleven is a charming spot in a quiet safe neighborhood in the heart of New Delhi. Ajay and his staff are delightful and friendly, always willing to go out of their way to help. Breakfasts are delicious, the rooms spacious and comfortable.
Located south of Connaught Place it is a great central location and home away from home for all of your Delhi explorations.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member NancyB3

We stayed at Eleven for 5 nights in February and it was a great intorduction to India. The rooms are absolutely spotless with comfortable beds and good showers and they have their own private entrance. The location is really handy for an early morning train to Agra and is only a short rickshaw ride from connaught place. Ajay goes to a lot of effort to ensure that his guests have a great stay, providing tips on how much to pay for rickshaws and good sights/ restaurants to visit- he even made us sandwiches for our early morning train and made my partner some recovery soup when he wasn't well. There is also free water and internet in the communal kitchen area where you can chat to the other guests about their travels over breakfast.
I will definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Delhi and would highly recommend it.

Loved the Eleven

by TripAdvisor Member bizTraveller69

My sister and I traveled to Delhi in December 07. We found this property on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try.
The location of the eleven is brilliant. It is very close to the Diplomatic Enclave in Delhi, it is also very close to the Railway Station.
The host Ajay was a great help. On receiving our email for reservation, the reply was prompt and he even called us to check on our requirements and comforts.
We had only half a day of work at Delhi but were staying there for two. He advised us on the best nightclubs that we could visit while we were there. He also gave us tips on the best places to visit in Delhi as we were there for a very short time. He arranged a taxi for us which was very prompt and arrived on time and the charges were reasonable.
The rooms are right behind the house and there were always people around to help with anything that we needed. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and nice.
Overall it was a very good experience. I would definetly recommend this property.

A Strong Recommendation

by TripAdvisor Member Joanspring

I stayed at the B & B Eleven the last 4 nights of my trip to India at the end of January. My room was very comfortable and the breakfast (included in price) was excellent. At night I completed a form indicating what I wanted for breakfast and my food preferences were always honoured. In addition, bottled water was plentiful and free of charge.

The location is excellent. It is easy to get a rickshaw right out front. It was convenient to many spots of interest in New Delhi and the area felt very safe. In addition, Eleven is in a quiet residential area.

The owner, Ajay, was very helpful as were all the members of his family.

Eleven out of Ten!

by TripAdvisor Member SteveofLeeds

Hi
I searched and searched for a mid price hotel in Delhi - either too slummy or too expensive until I stumbled upon Eleven www.elevendelhi.com, our room was fantastic - lovely decor, very clean, modern ensuite with lots of hotwater (trust me this is not usual in India!), the location was also excellent - not right in the "madness" of delhi but also only 15 minutes on an auto rickshaw into town, its also close to Nizamudin's tomb a poor mans Taj Mahal but still superb. The breakfasts are excellent. The highlight is though the owner Ajay who is an absolute gent and a mine of information, trust me he is a top man, his daughter is also a star. We travelled to Jaipur, Agra, Mathura, Vrindivan, Varanasi and Khajuraho on this trip and the Eleven "experience" was the best. I am new on this site but will review all my hotels and other useful info on my Indian adventure but thought Eleven was a good place to start, if you want to know more please contact me, and look at www.elevendelhi.com website.
Happy travelling
Kind Regards
Steve

Excellent Value and Service

by TripAdvisor Member craigandpoodle

We stayed here our last few nights in India. What a great place! Friendly and accommodating service, very clean, and great location. The owner even arranged our taxi to the airport in the wee hours of the night and also offered great restaurant and shopping suggestions. Bonus points for being a "green" hotel -- note that you have to adjust the eco-friendly toilet so that it doesn't run and also flip a switch to turn on the hot water. This is a very special place and we look forward to staying here again.

Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Kimbie00

Eleven is owned and operated by Ajay Anand. He is a gracious host who helps foreigners feel comfortable in a new country. Upon arrival, Ajay will send a car to the airport to pick you up and bring you directly to his home. This is a huge relief, because haggling for a ride upon first landing in India is quite intimidating.

Eleven is situated in an affluent part of Delhi, within walking distance of Humayun's tomb. We stayed at Eleven our first two days in India and came back through there our last night before flying home to the states. Ajay assisted us with transportation, and gave us suggestions for walking tours around the city, as well as advice for travel in and around the airports and train stations we would be using.

We really appreciated his friendly smile in a new land. The B&B is very comfortable and clean and the staff is very friendly. My husband and I would highly recommend Eleven to anyone traveling through New Delhi.

Other notes: Eleven has free internet/computer access, hot water and breakfast included with the price. Breakfast is an option of Indian Cuisine or Eggs and Such... all very nice ammenities after traveling for several weeks!!

Comments