Hotel Grand Park Inn

1041/17, Abdul Rahman Road, Naiwalan, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Territory of Delhi, 110005, India
Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 58% less and rated 13% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Grand Park Inn

by TripAdvisor Member LondonRsvp

hotel grand park inn Delhi india.
We had booked this hotel initialy to start our tour in india but it happened so that arrangement was cancelled and all due to terrorism that happened in that time in mumabi our flight was cancelled,and when contacted the management they were so considerate and without any fuss it was dealth with sympathy and we eventualy stayed their upon return leg of the tour ,I found the hotel manager Mr Madan Pai a true gentleman who greeted us with utmost courtsey and welcomed us with warm heart that impressed us greatly ,service and accomodation was excellent a true peaceful experience throuhjout the stay will recommend highly to all visiting delhi a clean hotel with reasonable charges and above all no value can be put on the hospitality and service a truely honourable management and creditworthy staff definetley 5 star in my opinion.Will visit and stay always at GRANDPARK INN HOTEL.

Came to India sick...left India well!

by TripAdvisor Member wonderlust_9

We visited India for two weeks and the Grand Park Inn was our base. Mr. Madan Pai and his staff were the ultimate in pleasant but serious service and hospitality. The trips we booked with Mr. Pai were A-1. The neighborhood is colorful but the Inn is clean which was what we were looking for. We came as strangers; we left as friends. Thank you much for everything, Mr. Pai !

Service Excellence beyond par ;-)

by TripAdvisor Member SA_Tourist

Having stayed at Grand park inn on 2 prev trips and experienced for myself the service excellence and clean comfortable rooms, i booked my parents on their India holiday with Mr Madan Pai, who efficiently also arrnaged their entire tour for them. But what prompts me to write this, is this: During their last few days in India, it was God's grace that my parents were staying at the Grand Park Inn, as my mother,an asmathic, fell critically ill. Mr Pai immediately took matters into his hands personally, ensuring my mother was hospitalised, that my father ate, he even topped up my fathers mobile phone with airtime from his personal funds, and gave my father over a hundred rupees in small notes so that he could travel by auto to and from the hosital. He ensured that at all times one of the 'room boys' remained with my father, who was emotionaly a mess with my mother's illness. Then, when my mother's condition worsened, he personally contacted us in South Africa and informed my husband of the situation. When we arrived in India, my mother was critical,in ICU and was transfered to another hospital in Vasanth Kunj, which in Delhi's traffic was 45min away from the hotel. Mr Madan provided us with a car and driver, at his cost for 8 days; further, when i had to remain in india with my parents after my husband returned home, Mr Madan saw to my and my fathers every comfort, ensured we ate on time, and then also topped my mobile's airtime to the tune of Rs400, and refused to allow me to reimburse him. His constant concern at my mother's condition was touching, and every one of the 'room boys' prayed each day for 'aunty's' recovery. With God's grace my mother recovered and almost a month later we travellled back home; again transported to the airport free of charge by Mr Pai, who made a personal visit to the hospital to bid my mum goodbye. I cannot express how grateful my family and I are at this man's genorosity. No other hotel, no matter how much fancier, would have given us the same care. Not that the Grand park Inn lacks in comfort: the ample sized rooms, complete cleanliness, friendly and attentive staff will put many of the other more expensive and fancy hotels to shame. This is a true gem of Delhi and to Mr Madan Pai and Team: I salute you! from Prinitha Dowlath and Family, South Africa

Very nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Nicolas69

I spent three weeks in the Grand Park Inn because I was in Delhi for business and had made some bad experiences in other places.
The first night I had to spent in the annexed lower-priced hotel next door - this did not make me very happy, but then the next day I could change and I liked it.
As I stayed there for an unusually long period I need to say that I enjoyed it!
The room was very big, the TV worked well, the fridge even had a generator (which continued working during elecricity blackouts), the hotel staff was friendly (all young males), but sometimes struggled with their English. The Hotel Manager was also friendly. He and the other guys always helped me when I was looking for something or trying to figure out a "realistic" taxi price for a certain route.
The breakfast, which was included, was basic, but okay, but was served to my room (there is a sort of dinner room in the other hotel, which was not very cozy). The room was cleaned on a daily basis and the towels (2-3) were always fresh. The bathroom - usually a nasty place in lower-priced hotels - was surprisingly clean. I had a room next to the street, which was quite busy, but in Delhi you always have the noise problem.
The area is certainly not a posh touristic neighbourhood, but across the street there was a convenient supermarket and also about hundred meters away a liquor store to buy beer or wine. The metro was a 5-8 minute walk away - quite convenient.

In general, I had a good time at the Grand Park Inn and would definitely recommend it to people who want a nice and clean hotel for a quite fair price (compared to others) with a good public transportation close by.

Object lesson in customer care

by TripAdvisor Member duntrippin

I cannot speak too highly of the manager and staff at the Grand Park Inn, who were unfailingly polite, helpful and friendly. I must single out the manager, Madan Pai, who put together a 2 week tour of Rajasthan, Agra and Varanasi for us, gently adjusting our planned route and expectations. The driver, Malkit Singh, was also very attentive to our needs and safety, and was always there on time to pick us up at the airport (we used the hotel on 3 separate occasions). However, most of all, I would praise them for the way they looked after us, especially my partner, in the wake of the heart attack I suffered one night, ensuring that everything was comfortable for her at the hotel and providing personal accompaniment on her visits to the hospital with no charge. Similarly, the necessary travel rearrangements after this were made gratis, and with great concern for my health.
The hotel is quiet, though situated in a non-tourist market area, and provides good food at very reasonable prices in the spotless rooms. The staff will cater for your every whim. This is not a modern, soulless hotel but has a quaint charm.

Excellent location, decent rooms, great price

by TripAdvisor Member enkgeyo

We were very happy with our stay here. The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate and spacious, with polished marble tile floors and sufficiently comfortable beds -- everything seemed near brand new. The staff was helpful and knowlegable. Breakfast was served in a conference room where we met fellow travelers - local business travelers and others from abroad. Grand Park Inn was an excellent value.

The location in Karol Bagh was great. The hotel was on a small busy Delhi street; a cow was parked nearby one of the days we were there. We were walking distance from the Delhi metro, which, if it takes you where you need to go, seemed to be the best way to get around Delhi -- it's a new system with trains that come every 3 minutes or so, although it does get PACKED during rush hour. It still beats sitting in dusty Delhi traffic. We were able to explore all over Delhi from our base in Karol Bagh. We did, however, have to cross over a very busy intersection near the Hanuman temple to get to the metro station, so some might prefer a short rickshaw ride.

Great Rooms, Bad breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member briggsy1300

This was our first hotel in Delhi, and we found everything apart from the breakfast and location to be very good. The location is fairly near to a metro however crossing the busy roads is required, which for some, may be a little tricky outside of the toursity areas where its a free for all, It's also in a fairly chaotic area, you will get to see a more real delhi than connaught place though. The breakfast was abysmal, Very little choice and what there was was not good at all, The foil wrapped toast mentioned before....not good. On to the good, The rooms were very spacious, we only had a standard and felt it was far more than most hotels gave us, the staff were very friendly and helpful, we got a car organised free to take us from the airport on arrival and to the station on departing free of charge, and they gave us good directions without pushing us to certain places. So all in all a good stay Between a 3 and a 4 definetely.

Loved the Hotel & Golden Triangle tour!

by TripAdvisor Member TJamsterdam

After an extremely long search of trying to find a reasonable place for a reasonable price to stay, we luckily found this very nice hotel in new delhi!

The hotel was spotless & the room very pretty luxurious for Delhi standards, specially for this price range!

The location was pretty good, close to "city centre" - Connaught Place, although you will need to cross some dangerous roads to get to the metro...but that was all part of the fun of dodging traffic in India! & being seen as "alien" taking the metro funny ;0)

The manager was extremely helpfiul & I recommend to use him to get a travel package set-up to see the golden triangle & other locations, this will save you looking for hotels in other parts which was also extremely difficult, but Mister Pai, the manager arranged good hotels in other cities like Agra, Jaipur etc.

The breakfast area is a little small & the food is so so, however the good part is that you meet other travelers in the same room and share experiences, which is very nice as well.

So Generally speaking, this hotel is an excellent value for money for your stay and Delhi & comfortably.

If you decide to take the travel package, I recommend you to ask for a driver called "Rajan" , we enjoyed the travel with him, he was a great guide & fantastic company during the whole trip and an extremely funny guy, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

simple economy service

by TripAdvisor Member tal67

stayed there for 3 nights with 2 female members of my family. This is an economy hotel we paid 2200 rp per night for a triple room. The location of the hotel was not ideal for lone female travellers - the area is made up of car repair companies - therefore, there are very few females to be seen within the area. The area is very noisy... The hotel manager was grumpy the first few days but cheered up on the third day. A few recommendations for the rooms; tea/coffee making facilities; a spy hole on the doors; there is no iron available in the hotel.
We booked a car/guide via the hotel - the driver insisted on taking us to specific shops on route - i'm sure he was on commission as these shops were definately in the business of ripping off tourists. He even insisted on taking us to a restaurant despite our repeated requests to go to another restaurant.
The location is ok if on a shopping trip to karol bagh. The hotel restaurant was more like a small dining room - not comfortable especially during busy periods. Breakfast selection was limited.

great hotel & helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member slsm

Located in Karol Bagh this hotel is not included in the regular guide books.Don't be put off by the location surrounded by motor parts shops as the hotel is well situated for the metro & local market area 5 mins walk away.Rooms (1800 rupees double)are spacious & immaculate and all staff smiley & helful.Mr Pai,the extremely pleasant & efficent manager,can organise trips to wherever you want and current min price of car & driver is 2500 rupees per day (same as govt.tourist info office).We took a trip to Shekawatti to see the havelis which was well off the beaten track & driver found everything we asked to see.Don't miss this if you have a few days available..it's stunning.

Comments