Hotel Orchid Garden

51/1 D.B. Gupta Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005, India
Hotel Orchid Garden
Orbitz.com Hostelworld.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 60% less but rated 26% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about New Delhi

Shish Gumbad in Lodi Gardens - March 2009Shish Gumbad in Lodi Gardens - March 2009

view from roadview from road

PChamlis prepares to feast at BukharaPChamlis prepares to feast at Bukhara

Parliament from India GateParliament from India Gate

tour operator new delhi

by kaymac

i have quote for india tour, can any body tell me if they have used tour operators called holiday india operating out of delhi there price is very good thanks kaymac

Re: tour operator new delhi

by qzaman

Collin

I checked this tour operator and few others. Then what I did was that I broke things around. I had the tour operator just book me hotels in all the places where I wanted to go (their hotel prices were the cheapest). I then used another agency for just the Car and driver ( they had the cheapest rate). I made my own itinary and followed my own shcedule. This way I didnt spend time at places I didnt really fancy and shceduled my days at each location according to my liking.

The car prices for the tour operator were quite high so I didnt use them for car hire.

Its up to you what you like. Plan according to your own choices and have fun.

Cheers

Re: tour operator new delhi

by qzaman

Furthermore, the tour operator was offering a higher price for hotel in Delhi. So I went to asiarooms.com and booked my Delhi hotel through them. The remaining hotels thru the tour operator. I mean you are paying so you should be the boss and get what you want, not what they offer.

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Praying in temple

by l_joo

Somewhere unknown within Paharganj I stumbled upon some temples where the music is about as loud as Michael Jackson concert and I saw it was some housewives and kids sitting inside a temple praying, praying sincerely to Gods I supposed. I don't know much about Gods here, I just upload picture as tip for tourists, so its just a tip about local custom, click the picture to see details.

Rajdhani Train Ride

by sushart

If you are travelling in India, you must have at least one train ride experience.

I must say, travelling to Delhi via the Rajdhani is a very comfortable experience. It s a fully air conditioned train, with good service and food.
Though now it is not really what it used to be, it is still among the better options among trains.
You need to do the booking in advance.

Stroll in the streets of Old Delhi

by iris2002

If you want to get a real taste of the Indian life in Delhi, then get up early ( 6am) and head into old delhi and it's many dustz streets and markets and rikshaw gatherings, where under the shade of huge trees that line the streets life unfolds under the monsoon heat.

Cows are a constant picture and lie beside mothers nursing their babies, beggars and business people in crisp shirts making their way into the centres, leaving their wifes behind.... not many women can be seen at all... after all... India is a men's domain.

Humayun's Tomb

by mallyak

Humayun's tomb is a complex of buildings of Mughal architecture located in Nizamuddin east, New Delhi. In time of Slave Dynasty this land was under the KiloKheri Fort which was capital of Sultan Kequbad S/o Nasiruddin(1268-1287 AD). It encompasses the main tomb of the Emperor Humayun as well as numerous others. The complex is a World Heritage Site and the first example of this type of Mughal architecture in India. This style of mausoleum was the same that created the Taj Mahal in Agra.

Watching peoples

by l_joo

Now here in Paharganj, you can take your time to explore many back alleys and to chit chat with local peoples while watching their lifestyle. I spent quite some time here to snap hundreds of photos and most peoples are very friendly wanted to invite me to their house and offer me fruits to eat, but some peoples are shy or probably not in mood to entertain visitors, lots of fun and lots to see and think.

Comments