Hotel Sri Nanak Continental

2222 Hardhiyan Singh Rd, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005, India

Booking.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Mahieu's Profile Photo

rooms ok, but not very central

Sri Nanak hotel is situated in the Karol Bagh district, not very far from Paharganj, where you can find most of the budget and backpackers hostels. It’s not very known by rickshaw-drivers, they had to ask several times before finding it.
    The hotel is ok for the price you pay, because Delhi is quite expensive compared to Rajasthan. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and you get a fruit basket and a morning paper, which was pure luxe compared to the budget hotels we stayed in in Rajasthan.
    Staff was ok, allthough not extremely friendly, just the necessary politeness.

If I were to return to Delhi, I’d say the hotel is fine, but I’d probably choose another more central location

Directions: Karol Bagh district

More about Hotel Sri Nanak Continental

Clean, book direct

by TripAdvisor Member Nikito_Laurita

Clean in general. The hot water seemed to be by request and then you needed to wait 30 minutes. This seemed to be the case in some places across India in mid-range hotels, but we thought they could do a bit more. The breakfast is very basic and not very tasty. We didn't like the area either as you aren't near to anything really. We had to request cleaner towels and toilet paper. It seems hard to find a decent hotel in Delhi. This wasn't bad, but book directly as we booked through expedia and paid over the odds. Staff were friendly enough.

All over nice

by TripAdvisor Member uman68

The executive room was clean and quite modern, with a nice bathroom with shower. All in all a nice tourist class hotel giving you great value for your money.
The hotel is placed quite sentral in New Dehli, a short ride from the railwaystation. Try to avoid eating in the resturant, as it was nothing special. It looked old, dirty and beeing at the top floor of the hotel you would expect a view,well there is not.

The sourrundings of the hotel is not much at night, with the only lights coming from ATMs and jevellers shops.

If you need a place just for the night i would recomend Sri Nanak continental.
The staff was friendly and serviceminded during the two days stay 20-22 of desember.

by TripAdvisor Member ErinSamuel

The hotel was average, nothing special at all. The area is not the best at night. Our particular room had no windows and the mattress was very thin! The staff at the front desk did really care about anything and were always on the phone. I would try and find something closer. Dont trust the photo's.

ok

by TripAdvisor Member globotraveler

I stayed in this hotel in January. It was clean, inexpensive and the staff were generally helpful. The wireless internet was very useful and there were no problems with the hot water once we got used to the taps. However, this hotel is definitely not a luxury option and the location in Karol Bagh is not great. I agree with the comment that this hotel is a bit like a cheap 1970s US motel, or one of the two-star hotels you find in the Pigalle area of Paris. If I stayed in Delhi again, I would probably stay in a five star hotel, as there is a dearth of high quality mid-range options in that city.

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sheffielduser

We thought this was a lovely small well run hotel in the Karol Bagh area of Delhi. The staff were fantastic and incredibly helpful. We chose the presidential suite which is ideal for a family as it can easily sleep up to 5 - 6 people with 2 bathrooms. The hotel had some nice touches including free internet access, a daily paper pushed under the door and a fresh bowl of fruit served every day. The restaurant offered a good range of dishes, it got a bit chilly in the evening in January (it's on the roof) so we opted to have meals served in our room. The Karol Bagh area is busy in the day with plenty of shops but it does get quiet enough in the evening and we had no problems sleeping. We tended to use the taxi service from the hotel which was great and reasonably priced - the drivers really took care of us and cut out the hassle. It took about 15 minutes to get to Connaught Circus. All in all a great stay.

Think carefully before going here

by TripAdvisor Member BeeCeeMelbourne

This hotel was not what I expected from the reviews. Our family of four had two rooms booked for the nights of 8, 9, 10 January. We were met at the airport and transported by two cars (we had been promised one large car). Karol Bagh is not the best area to stay in but the hotel staff were courteous. However, the rooms did not live up to expectation. Our girls room had the most terrible smell in the room and on all the bed linen, and they had to lay some of their clothes on the pillow so as not to breathe in the fumes. We did ask for a change, but the alternative was no better. Our room had no fridge, the jug didn't work and the shower water just fell all over the floor of the bathroom. No beds had been swept under for some time! Decided there and then to telephone somewhere else, except the phone didn't work, not then nor in the morning. Neither did it in the girls' room nor the room of some friends we ran into unexpectedly in reception the following morning who were also checking out because of the smell in their room. They had also read the trip advisor reviews and were pretty disillusioned.. My husband also didn't sleep because of the noise. We moved to the Jukaso Inn downtown near Connaught Place which was around the same price and much more satisfactory.

fantastic management

by TripAdvisor Member haroonb

average 3 start hotel situated in a busy commerical area. not your above average hotel (this will cost you an arm and leg in Delhi) but staff and management go out of their way to make your stay stress free and relaxing as possible!
my daughter got sick one nite and i foned reception at 2 am...they got a taxi for me and manager himself came with us to hospital...a fantastic gesture i thought!!!!
internet, massage chair, newspapers, airport pick up and drop off, one whole day sighseeeing tour, half day shopping tour and fruit bowel were all given free of charge together with 5 key ring holders!
For the price definitely woth the value!

A good hotel when travelling with children ..esp the presidential suite

by TripAdvisor Member londonwado

We stayed at this hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and overall I would say it was good place to stay.

We were picked up from the airport which we were grateful for. We were travelling with children and stayed in the Maharaja suite which was quite good. We had a problem with the TV , they fixed it promptly. The staff were polite and happy and the manager Sandeep was friendly and takes a lot pf pride in his hotel.

The taxi to the station in the early morning was a nightmare and so was the pick up the following week-end. I don't rate their taxi service.

There was a mix up with our rooms the following week-end , we had pre booked and confirmed for the following week-end but we were offered an "alternative " maharaja suite which did not have the bunk beds for the kids. After a bit of protest and disatisfaction we were offered the presidential suite (at the same price) - which is very good. It can sleep up to 6. I would say not all the staff are conscientious as the manager.

We had breakfast in our room and also ate once upstairs in the roof top hotel. The food is reasonable and I would eat again.

The back of the hotel is not noisy.

Karol Bagh is not one of the best area but there is a metro station nearby and a gurud wara , from where we heard lovely melodic hyms once.

The rooms are what you see on their web sites.

I would suggest you look at the room first before accepting it.

Not for everyone

by TripAdvisor Member Helen-TRIP

The hotel did send a driver to pick us up from Delhi airport which was a god send and all the staff were very polite and helpful. I am surprised that no-one seems to have mentioned how hard the beds were though. I asked for extra blankets to put under me as it was like sleeping on a rock! I think it might be a suitable hotel for backpackers or seasoned travellers but not for first time visitors to India as Delhi is a bit of a shock in itself. The hotel is not in a great area and we were woken up the first morning at 5am by a parade going by that we actually thought was a riot! and the second morning at 4.30 by someone with REALLY LOUD speakers in the middle of the road. Very bizarre. The hotel is also quite noisy - but so is India! Overall we had a great holiday but even though the staff and restaurant were very good I would recommend spending a bit more and staying in a good hotel in Delhi in a central area. Of all the areas we toured, Delhi is the probably the biggest shock, and a good hotel is a must.

Comments