2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

8A/50, W.E.A., Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005, India
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

More about New Delhi

Hotel Kingston ParkHotel Kingston Park

President's House - Feb 2009President's House - Feb 2009

Another/better look at the Viceroy HouseAnother/better look at the Viceroy House

finance ministryfinance ministry

reliable driver

by zihuadeb

After my previous post regarding hotels I am now looking for a reliable driver to take me from Delhi/Jaipur/Agra/Delhi. Thanks to everyone who responded to my hotel question. I now have a short list. I look forward to your input regarding drivers.
Thanks again.

by smirnofforiginal

May I suggest Mahavir http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/e0453/5d7/9/
He is wonderful. I cannot recommend him highly enough... he became a friend... and even called me on Christmas Day to wish me seasons greetings!
He is safe, friendl;y, heloful, reliable, knowledgable... need I go on!?

Hi smirnofforiginal,

I have contacted Mahavir and have him set up for my trip. Thanks for the info.
I checked out about four other drivers and liked his ideas and responsiveness to my emails.

by smirnofforiginal

Deb - yu will not be disappointed in him.

Before I went to Delhi I saw a programme about a baolis in Delhi taht India had forgotten about. It took ages but I found it. I told Mahavir about it and he asked if I would show him. Then later in my trip he asked if he could take me on a detour. I agreed. He would not tell me where until we go... then, very pleased with himself he said "you showed me your baolis, now I show you mine" and I saw one of the most amazing sites of my trip!!!! - nice guy

Also he phoned me on Christmas Day to wish me a merry Christmas!!!

You will have a great time with him and be in safe hands.
Ask him to sing for you!!!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have found a driver from one of VT's members who was delighted with him and have him booked.

Travel Tips for New Delhi

My favourite things about Delhi

by lynnehamman

The historical monuments, forts and wonderful chowks in old Delhi are typically where most tourists head for first. If you have the time, try and walk around areas like Nizamuddin East, and Prithviraj Road. The houses, trees and wide avenues show another side of this amazing city. They are upper-class areas, but still nevertheless close to parks like Lodhi Gardens, and old historical monuments. Safdarjungs tomb is very close to Nizamuddin East.
The architecture of these houses, and the gardens, is so different to the 'other'Delhi. I was amazed the first time we saw the grandiose mansions on Prithviraj Rd. It is known as 'Ambassador Row'.
Nizamuddin East is a 'gated' suburb, and thus very safe to walk around in.
The trees and shrubs are lush, and bougainvillia thrives here.
Birds - especially eagles, fill the skies with their distinctive cries as they ride the currents above Delhi. The sound of birds- that is everywhere in Delhi. In Old Delhi- racing pigeons fly back to their keepers, at a given signal. Eagles perch on overhead wires, and rooftops. Crows cheekily peck at anything in sight. And they all call to each other. That is the sound that I miss most when I am away from Delhi. What is astonishing is that all this bird-life flourishes in the busy city. But then- with so many trees, and wonderful parks- it is understandable.

Connaught place

by radz about Deepson,Snowwhite ,many shops..

Connaught place,is one of big shopping center&all branded shops&many Restaurants are there. All branded cloths,modern ,westernðinic wears..Mens&womens clothings.The standard of the shops all good..All major credit cards are accepted..Leather goods,Book shops,Audio.

Food Stall in the Station

by shintarojon about Rail Ahar Stall # 8

Well, don't expect for a clean/sanitary food stall in the station! I even saw rat inside the food stall!!! Who knows, before you bite your own food, the rat took his piece/share already!!! (as of Jan. 24, 2004)

1. burger - Rs 10
2. Taj Mahal tea - Rs 4
3. cake - Rs 10

The Red Fort

by magdaki

The most famous monument in Delhi (along with the Gate of India I suppose). Other people probably have more acurate descriptions, but what i would suggest is to spend some time looking at these enormous red walls around the time when the sun sets...

DIVINITY IN DEATH - HUMAYUN'S TOMB (3)

by Siddha3th

Once again, this is another monument I'd definitely recommend visiting early in the morning, far ahead of the madding crowd. Entrance fees are 5$ for foreigners and 10 Rupees for Indian nationals.

Give yourself atleast an hour to soak in the mystique and silent grandeur of this place. Peaceful. Evocative. Inspiring.

The occasional flurry of pigeons flying across will only seek to further inscribe the mythically unforgettable experience which is Humayun's Tomb.

Comments