Hyatt Regency Delhi

ericsas's Profile Photo

Business Trip Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 14, 2011

Hyatt Regency is a 5 stars hotel located in New Delhi. I have stayed a couple of times when going on business trip to India. It is about 15-20 minutes from the Indira Gandhi international airport, and the location is good if going for business to Delhi, but not for Gurgaon as it was my case. From here to Gurgaon it was taking me around 1 hour for going in the mornings and another hour for going back in the evenings due to the heavy traffic on the road. The rooms are good, but a bit small for a 5 stars hotel. There are several restaurants in the hotel offering indian, chinese, italian food. The buffet breakfast is in the ground floor in a nice restaurant with waterfalls. Even staying for 2 weeks in the hotel i found the breakfast very good and with many different options.

Unique Quality: The best facility in this hotel is the gym and spa that is complimentary (except the massages) for the hotel guests while used at the same time as a private health club for people not staying on it. The spa has a sauna, jacuzzi and an steam bath.

Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency: My Personal Favorite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2008

As is evident from the caption itself Hyatt Regency is my favorite. As my job demands I am continuously traveling and this hotel is situated right on the Ring Road, which connects almost whole of Delhi and thus makes my job a lot easier. Hotel is surely expensive but accordingly it also pampers its guests with some of the most exclusive and personalized services. The rooms are neat and spacious.

This Delhi hotel has a huge array of leisure and business amenities. High speed internet accessibility and presence of Business Centre was very helpful for my corporate functioning. Also the hotel also has a Club Olympus Fitness Centre, Tennis Courts, Sauna and Whirlpool, Boutiques, Beauty Salon and a grand swimming pool for chasing away the fatigue caused by the rigorous city life. To further add to guest’s convenience the hotel also has great availability of public transport taxis lined up just outside its premises.

Directions: Bhikaiji Cama Place, Ring Road, New Delhi

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Delhi Disappointment

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 19, 2005

Our last night in India was spent at the Hyatt Regency in Delhi. What a pity - it put a bitterly sour taste in my mouth.

We arrived at 8.30pm, having spent seven hours travelling. We were tired and hungry.

They had no room for us! This they stated without apology. I was gobsmacked and disgusted. Our trip had been booked for ten months.

The receptionist was impeccably dressed, impeccably made up, but her impeccable manners fell just short of rude. Her attitude was condescending and designed to make us feel that their overbooking of the hotel was our fault. There was no invitation to a drink or a coffee while we waited for them to prepare a room.

We had requested a twin room, but they expected us to occupy a double room with a tiny camp-bed. I was travelling with my Mother, who is physically unfit, so this was particularly out of order. I explained my Mother's medical condition to the frosty receptionist, and although her English was impeccable she looked at me blankly.

The second room they offered had not been cleaned properly (ash in the ashtrays, dirty towels etc) and did not have the pool view we had booked and paid extra for.

The third room (which we accepted because we were too tired to object further) stank of stale smoke in spite of being "refreshed".,, and needless to say we had booked non-smoking.

The room was tiny and cramped. Horrifyingly, the bellboy asked my Mother to vacate her seat so that he could put one of our two suitcases on it, as there was not floorspace to accomodate it!!! The shower was a jet over the bath, with a much-hated plastic curtain, and the bath itself was small. Toiletries were sufficient for only one person.

There was no mini-bar and no fresh fruit, although these items were present in the double room.

The newspaper which we had ordered never arrived.

The hotel is very busy, very large, and very impersonal. The breakfast station was like a cattle market!

I will not stay here again.

Unique Quality: There is a very nice Italian restaurant where the food and service are both excellent, but I am being really nice in making this concession. The place is a complete dive. I have no idea who gave it five stars!

Nearby Hyatt Regency Delhi

Hyatt Regency Delhi

• Hyatt Regency New Delhi
  • Hyatt Hotel Delhi
  • Hyatt New Delhi
  • Hyatt Regency Hotel Delhi
  • Hyatt Regency Hotel New Delhi
  • Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel New Delhi

Address: Bhikaiji Cama Place, Ring Road, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110066, India

4 Photos of Hyatt Regency Delhi

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

New Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about New Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for New Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Delhi hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into New Delhi
Bahá’í House of Worship - Lotus Temple
Birla Mandir
Things to Do
tours dealsinholidays -Privatecity "excelente"
Things to Do
Visit Lotus Temple - The Bahai House of Worship!!
Things to Do
Don't miss the Jhal Muri!!
Restaurants
Agrasen Ki Baoli - a Photographers's treat!!
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple - A must visit
Things to Do
arguably Delhi's most famous culinary destination!
Gurdwara Bangla Sahib
Skip it totally!!
Raj Ghat
Things to Do
Cheap and delicious cakes!
Laxminarayan Temple
Royal Ambiance and Great Food
American Look
Sikhs
Local Customs
India,,, must say..one of best place on earth
National Museum
Visit a huge memorial Humayun Tomb
The Qutb Minar Complex.
Clean and delicious
Restaurants
Great food, clean and delicious!
Restaurants
Excellent Chinese, cheap beer, great service
The best Chinese, Japanese and Thai food in Delhi
Indian Gold Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Cancelled Train Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Low cost eating in central Delhi
Sunday Brunch
Restaurants
Metro to and from the airport
Transportation
Great driver and trip organiser
Exploring New Dehli, India on a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus