4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Bhikaiji Cama Place, Ring Road, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110066, India

Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• ericsas's Profile Photo

Business Trip Hotel

Hyatt Regency is a 5 stars hotel located in New Delhi. I have stayed a couple of times when going on business trip to India. It is about 15-20 minutes from the Indira Gandhi international airport, and the location is good if going for business to Delhi, but not for Gurgaon as it was my case. From here to Gurgaon it was taking me around 1 hour for going in the mornings and another hour for going back in the evenings due to the heavy traffic on the road. The rooms are good, but a bit small for a 5 stars hotel. There are several restaurants in the hotel offering indian, chinese, italian food. The buffet breakfast is in the ground floor in a nice restaurant with waterfalls. Even staying for 2 weeks in the hotel i found the breakfast very good and with many different options.

Unique Quality: The best facility in this hotel is the gym and spa that is complimentary (except the massages) for the hotel guests while used at the same time as a private health club for people not staying on it. The spa has a sauna, jacuzzi and an steam bath.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency: My Personal Favorite

As is evident from the caption itself Hyatt Regency is my favorite. As my job demands I am continuously traveling and this hotel is situated right on the Ring Road, which connects almost whole of Delhi and thus makes my job a lot easier. Hotel is surely expensive but accordingly it also pampers its guests with some of the most exclusive and personalized services. The rooms are neat and spacious.

This Delhi hotel has a huge array of leisure and business amenities. High speed internet accessibility and presence of Business Centre was very helpful for my corporate functioning. Also the hotel also has a Club Olympus Fitness Centre, Tennis Courts, Sauna and Whirlpool, Boutiques, Beauty Salon and a grand swimming pool for chasing away the fatigue caused by the rigorous city life. To further add to guest’s convenience the hotel also has great availability of public transport taxis lined up just outside its premises.

Directions: Bhikaiji Cama Place, Ring Road, New Delhi

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Delhi Disappointment

Our last night in India was spent at the Hyatt Regency in Delhi. What a pity - it put a bitterly sour taste in my mouth.

We arrived at 8.30pm, having spent seven hours travelling. We were tired and hungry.

They had no room for us! This they stated without apology. I was gobsmacked and disgusted. Our trip had been booked for ten months.

The receptionist was impeccably dressed, impeccably made up, but her impeccable manners fell just short of rude. Her attitude was condescending and designed to make us feel that their overbooking of the hotel was our fault. There was no invitation to a drink or a coffee while we waited for them to prepare a room.

We had requested a twin room, but they expected us to occupy a double room with a tiny camp-bed. I was travelling with my Mother, who is physically unfit, so this was particularly out of order. I explained my Mother's medical condition to the frosty receptionist, and although her English was impeccable she looked at me blankly.

The second room they offered had not been cleaned properly (ash in the ashtrays, dirty towels etc) and did not have the pool view we had booked and paid extra for.

The third room (which we accepted because we were too tired to object further) stank of stale smoke in spite of being "refreshed".,, and needless to say we had booked non-smoking.

The room was tiny and cramped. Horrifyingly, the bellboy asked my Mother to vacate her seat so that he could put one of our two suitcases on it, as there was not floorspace to accomodate it!!! The shower was a jet over the bath, with a much-hated plastic curtain, and the bath itself was small. Toiletries were sufficient for only one person.

There was no mini-bar and no fresh fruit, although these items were present in the double room.

The newspaper which we had ordered never arrived.

The hotel is very busy, very large, and very impersonal. The breakfast station was like a cattle market!

I will not stay here again.

Unique Quality: There is a very nice Italian restaurant where the food and service are both excellent, but I am being really nice in making this concession. The place is a complete dive. I have no idea who gave it five stars!

More about Hyatt Regency Delhi

Sunday Brunch

by PeterVancouver about Hyatt Regency Delhi

Although I have not personally stayed at this hotel, it does have six restaurants and cafes, and on Sundays, offers an interesting, all you can eat brunch, with as much Spanish sparkling wine as you can consume for around $25.

Baautiful plce; they take care of you

by TripAdvisor Member AThena53

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a business trip. There's not much around the hotel, which is typical for Delhi; dusty roads, honking horns, people on bicycles.

My room was beautiful and well-supplied. I had an Internet connection problem after I checked in and within 5 minutes a young man in a suit was at my door to resolve it. (It was 11 PM Friday night.) I was admiring the plantings by the pool and an employee greeted me and told me the names of the plants. The Health Club was well-equipped and machines were always available.

The one weakness this hotel had, in my view, was a smaller % of Indian food in the buffet; I'd previously stayed at the Grand, where they had a bigger selection that changed every day. If you like to stick to traditional Western food, there's plenty of it. I even saw a guy eating a steak, which made me cringe.

My boss and I paid $300/night in peak tourist season; some people checking in the night I left were paying $500 and were complaining loudly and boorishly. I don't know if they had better rooms, but mine was a good value for $300.

Avoid at all Costs!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ROMI66

The service at the Hyatt is great but, not worth the $300/night price. Our room had a door to an adjoining room through which everything could be heard. So, during our last nights stay the person in the other room decided to watch TV at 3am and we were woken up. If you are paying $300/night you should get a quiet nights sleep. Also, when we arrived back home I was sent a letter and bill for food taken out of the mini-bar which we never took . This hotel is a total rip-off.

Excellent hotel to stay

by TripAdvisor Member AsheeshJoshi

I had been to New Delhi for one night on a trip to get my US VISA from the American Consulate.

I was booked at this hotel and the experience was really great.

Mine was a club room up on the 6 th floor and it was very good.

The hotel and its food is worth the price one pays to stay here.

Strongly recommend.

Superb Hotel, Fantastic Dining

by TripAdvisor Member neologist

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a week in August on a business trip to New Delhi. I found both the service and the facilities to be outstanding!

The first thing you should know, don't bother scheduling pickup from the airport through the hotel. The price is outrageous. Simply grab a taxi from the airport and pay 300 Rupees maximum.

If you are a westerner on your first trip to Delhi you may not be prepared for the tipping situations. Check the discussion forums here at tripadvisor for tipping information before you decide to accept assistance with bags etc.

The hotel is, of course, not really walking distance from anything. I'm not sure if there is any hotel in Delhi that is walking distance from anything. But the area is decent enough. The entry and lobby are very nice, check in is easy, staff is excellent.

The rooms are great. Very new looking. Housekeeping is simply superb, exceptional, fantastic! The beds are luxurious, the bathroom large, the amenities plentiful. LOVED this room. Internet is a little pricey. There are an abundance of channels on the television.

The hotel restaurants are simply outstanding. Breakfast is delicious and loaded with options. Do NOT miss out on the italian restaurant. I just got back from Italy a couple of months ago and I can honestly say the restaurant at this hotel has the best Italian I've had in years. Do NOT miss it!

The price of this hotel can be intimidating, but there are deals to be had for the diligent researcher. We booked at 170 USD per night. Not bad.

In summary, this hotel stay was absolutely fantastic. I will be in town every August for the next several years and I fully intend to stay at the Hyatt each time.

Comments