Indiana Villa

Vasant Kunj, Behind Sector D Pocket-1, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110070, India
Indiana Villa
Agoda.com MakeMyTrip.com

More about New Delhi

India Gate in New DelhiIndia Gate in New Delhi

Tomb of Mohamed Shah - Lodhi GardensTomb of Mohamed Shah - Lodhi Gardens

A STATUE OF MAHATMAJI IN FRONT OF THE MUSEUMA STATUE OF MAHATMAJI IN FRONT OF THE MUSEUM

Pearl Mosque inside Red Fort, DelhiPearl Mosque inside Red Fort, Delhi

Au pair in New Delhi

by aupairgirl

Hello,

I am a french girl of 21 years old and I have found an Austrian family in New Delhi who wants me as their au pair girl. I am very excited about that but I have to say that I have read a lot of things about the cultural choc and since I have never travelled alone, I am wondering whether I am able to do it. Besides, my parents are very scared of letting me alone in India. Is New Delhi dangerous for a girl alone?

by pretsb

Hi
I live in Delhi for the past 4 years. If you take certain necessary precautions, then everything will be fine. Carry a pepper spray and don't travel alone during late hours. Hope you have a good time in India.

by Swades

Dear friend,

don't worry Delhi is safe distance for travel, even whole India. Just you have to use your sense to whom you have to talk or not. and always do inform to ur concern where are u and what is ur plan etc( like telphone of hotel etc)......rest is kool and enjoy

by whatcanthisbe

Hi there
Delhi is not such a bad place it should be fun given you take some precautions that you would in any big city may it be aris or london or NYC. i myself moved to india bout a year ago and am loving every moment of it. I think you should go ahead and make the move explore a country and get a great job while at it in case of any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me an e-mail

Cheers

RE: RE: Au pair in New Delhi

by Karan.kumar

Hi
i'm from delhi. i see where you are comming from. we need to understand that No place on this planet is safe with human beings around but if u just follow the general rules which are followed anywhere and everywhere around the world for eg, not wearing revealing cloths and travelling @ 2am in the night in an AUTO then ur definatly looking for trouble. delhi is a very safe place and espcially with Kiran bedi making special efforts for making it more safer as there is always room for improvement. do not worry about anyting and if u need any help just PM me i will send u my number and if u need any kind of help u can PM me
Cheers
Karan
OM NAMAH SHIVAY

by Sidz

yeah i totally agree with my friends above... that no place is safe...its just the simple precautions that can make u safe anywhere.

just be kool and enjoy delhi.

Hope u have a great time...:)

by jag_hond

pretty much everything everyone said above is true. its as safe as any metropoplitan city is for a girl! an important tip would be to get here and keep low till u've figured the place out for yourself. that obviously not going ANYWHERE alone after sun down and not going with people u dont knw too well. a little bit of extra carefulness in the beginning will make sure u love this place over time.. it just grows on you.

by oisha

Besides all that, you do not need to go it alone! There is a huge expat community in Delhi and you will surely find other French people or young travellers who you can get to know and travel around together. Especially if you keep logging in to VT!

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Asymmetrical pattern for pillow-case and ...

by ukirsari about Stalls around Connaught Place [CP]

From an edition in National Geographic Channel about India, Babur from Mughal dynasty said that Indians likes to make asymmetrical patterns [which is truely different with him and his ancestors as muslim >> who build and make shape truely symmetric like Taj Mahal]. This also applied in daily stuffs like skirts, pillow-case 'till wall decorations. See these goods in the hand of an Indian woman. Looks so pretty in asymmetrical patterns. Added with artificial glass [made from plastic] to make it more glittering and eye catching! Pillow case and long skirt and do not forget to use your bargain skill ;) About Rs 8 per case and around Rs 80 for each skirt.

Elegant dining at the best hotel in Delhi

by Chrischopp about Daniell's Tavern

While staying at the magnificent Imperial Hotel I found myself with not enough energy to venture past the ground floor to find lunch. The short walk from my room to the main hallway led me to Daniell’s Tavern, one of the in-house restaurants at the hotel.

The lunch crowd was long gone, in fact most of the crew was situated around a large table either recapping the lunch rush or preparing for the dinner onslaught. The seating and order taking was prompt leaving lots of time to take in the rich surroundings. The interior is finished as well as one would expect for being in the Imperial complete with white linen tablecloths and napkins. This was a far cry from most of the restaurants I find myself in outside of Delhi.

Now the food. I have to admit I ordered thali, certainly not exotic but one of my absolute favorites. And although I have never been given the “look” for ordering what I think of as peasant food, I felt quite ridiculous doing so at this location. That is until the food arrived. My travel companion ordered the vegetarian thali while I took the meat lovers version. As evident in the pictures below, the presentation was mouthwatering. Every bite was better than the first.

As noted above, the Imperial houses several restaurants on site. The most notorious and often reviewed is The Spice Route which I have not had a chance to try at present. Until then, Daniell’s Tavern is where I would put my money. Stop in for lunch if you’re in the area. The vegetarian thali was out of this world.

Jama Masjid Mosque

by Mahieu

It is said to be the largest mosque of India (its courtyard can hold up to 25.000 people) and was built between 1644-1658, by the emperor Shah Jahan, which was also responsible for the Taj Mahal in Agra.
From the arches of the courtyard, you have a nice view of the Red Fort. For a small amount ( 20 Rs) you can climb up to the southern minaret.

West gate of Humayun's tomb

by radz

This is west side entrance of Humayun's tomb,its doubel storeyed, can see two six sided ornamental star on top of entrance.

Now inside they small shops,selling books of histry.
Entrance too looks majestic..

Safdarjung's Tomb

by Rupanworld

Safdarjung's tomb or the Safdarjang Maqbara is a tomb in a huge garden and was built in 1754. It is made of marble. The office of the Archaeological Survey of India is located in the top storey. The garden is in typical moghul style. This tomb was built for Safdarjung, the powerful prime minister of Muhammad Shah, a very weak Mughal emperor between 1719 to 1748. Entrance fee is Rs. 5 per person (Indian)

Comments