Windsor Place, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 001, India

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 56% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Terrible service

The stay in this hotel was very disappointing.
    Service was bad.

Even after approaching Staff members about some problems
    they didn't seem to care about customer satisfaction.
    I would definitely stay in another hotel.

• Incredible Staffs and World Class Services

Staying in Le Meridien Delhi is one of my memorable stay. I stayed for a 3 days in Le Meridien during my Delhi trip. I was in deluxe room which was designed beautifully and equipped with all the modern facilities. The swimming pool was very nice and clean and I had made some good time there. The hotel restaurants had some great food and especially French was amazing. The hotel has one of finest Bar where all the International brand was available. There was lot of to do in hotel and Gym was fantastic with all the amenities.

Everything was well managed and service was superb. The hotel staffs were very friendly and served in mannered way. One thing I like about the hotel location, the hotel is on middle of city and easily accessible from major part of the city. The International airport is only 16 Kilometers from the hotel. I recommended this hotel for their world class services, luxury rooms and incredible staffs. I had booked Le Meridien Delhi through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/india/delhi/le-meridien-new-delhi.aspx

Unique Quality: Services, Staffs

• Western Hotel

It was what I would expect out of a Le Meridien; classy, young and fashionable. The only complaint I have is with their taxi service. It is a rip off. If you stay here, walk to the end of the driveway and take a rickshaw for a fraction of the price. Unfortunately, if you are going to dinner late at night away from the hotel, you will probably have to use their taxi service.

• BeeAndKay's Profile Photo

Jewel of Delhi

I really like the Meridien in Delhi! When I lived in Delhi, this was one of my first pick to go have a special dinner, or to hang out with friends. They had many wonderful dishes on their menus. We felt the prices were a bit high but for such great a/c in the hot summer months, we thought it was worth it! They have a fantastic Indian restaurant called Pakwan and a 24 hour coffee shop, the La Brasserie where they offer an á la carte lunch and an elaborate buffet for breakfast and dinner. Then there is Henri's Bar located on the 20th floor with beautiful city views, Henri's Bar isn't too exciting, but the views are nice and it is a nice place to relax.

I have had friends stay here as quests and the rooms were beautiful. The room service was excellent. One thing I tell my friends about India is that things do move a little slower here and make take a little longer so just be patient, know that ahead of time and enjoy your stay! The other thing I tell friends is to have lots of small bills on them for tips...tips are a never ending part of staying at a hotel of this class in India.

Le Méridien is part of the Starwood chain of hotels. It is one of the more expensive hotels in Delhi but quite impressive.

Unique Quality: Le Méridien creates stylish guest rooms and suites using warm earth tones which contributes to an inviting ambiance. Most rooms are set up with high speed internet, voicemail, coffee/tea makers, international direct dialing, hairdryers, air-conditioning, mini bar, turn down service, wake up service, refrigerator and in-room safes.

The location of the hotel is very convenient to the embassy area (Chanakyapuri), shopping areas and museums. Walking to these close locations is nearly impossible with the traffic/roads. Plan on taking a taxi or driver everywhere.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Le Meridien- A Great Business Hotel

My frequent visits to Delhi provided me an opportunity to stay at Le Meridien which is renowned for its grandeur and impeccable services. This hotel is located at a prime location in the city and thus provided me easy accessibility to near by commercial districts and the leading convention and exhibition centre. Le Meridien is situated just two kilometers away from the Government buildings designed in Victorian style and the famous shopping area of Cannaught Place. Hotel contains 20 floors with 355 splendidly designed guest rooms which are decked with all the efficient amenities. An experience of this lavish hotel comes with equally huge price, thus I would recommend that one must have a heavy pocket while checking into the hotel.

Directions: Windsor Palace, New Delhi

• NURIA35's Profile Photo

5* NICE HOTEL

ARE YOU LOKING FOR A 5 STAR HOTEL? The Hotel is located at Windsor Place, Janpath, one of the most focal points of the city.
    The nearest shopping areas are Janpath and the Connaught Circus, which are within one-kilometer radius of the Hotel.The
    Hotel stands amidst lush green gardens and foliage and is located at the corner of the Janpath roundabout. It's central location is enviable and highly favoured by the business traveler. The President House, Parliament House, various ministerial offices are within two kilometer radius of the Hotel.

IT'S A GOOD OPTION.

HAVE A LOOk:www.lemeridien-newdelhi.com

Directions: It is constructed on a 4.29-acre plot, and is seventeen kilometers from the Domestic Airport and twenty-three kilometers from the International Airport. It is 2.5 kilometers from New Delhi Railway Station.

More about Le Meridien New Delhi

E mail: raddel@del2.vsnl.net.in
Std. a= Rs.7500/- b=Rs.7500/- c= Rs.11500/- d=22.5%

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member joanne7575

Having read all the negative reviews, I was prepared to be disappointed but, in fact, the Meridien was a very nice hotel. The rooms were large and well appointed, the restaurants in the hotel were good and the location was excellent. Particularly liked the excellent showers and the plasma screen tvs. Didn't much care for the mood lighting but that is a small point. I would recommend the Meridien to anyone going to Delhi.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DaveJacqM

We stayed here for 9 nights in a Le Club room. The hotel is amazing, very clean, modern and in a pretty good location (10 minute stroll to Connaught place). The staff are very attentive and when we did have a small problem we were seen by a hotel director who did absolutely everything and more to keep us happy. Surely the sign of a good hotel is how well they rectify problems... the Le Med were 100% brilliant.
We ate in the hotel restaurants a couple of times following late arrivals from trips and found the food to be varied, very well cooked and presented and not to pricey...certainly compared to European prices.
The pool area was a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of City life and enjoys stunning views. Beds and towels are provided.
The rooms are well sized and ours had mood lighting, a large wall mounted plasma t.v, mini bar, climate control, safe and a super bathroom with waterfall shower.
All in all we can thouroughly recommend this hotel and it rates as one of the best we have stayed in ( and we've stayed in hundreds!!!!)

Not worth the Five star status!

by TripAdvisor Member comicfinders

I had heard many good things about Le Meridian from some family members, so I decided to book it. The rate I got was very good, and it was via Expedia.com.

Checking into the hotel wasnt a problem. Our luggage was promptly brought up by the bellman, and the front desk check in went fine. The Lobby of the hotel is very spacious and nicely decorated.

The room had ample space, had wood floors, a nice size bathroom with mosaic tiles on the walls and floors, a large plasma/LCD television, and a nice view of the city. Seemed very good! The first problem that arised was that first night. The power went off about 2-3 times for about 5 minutes each time, leaving us in total darkness while unpacking etc. Not a good way to start a vacation after a 14 hour flight.

The other problem we encountered was small, but became VERY annoying. The wood floors creaked very very loud in some areas when steping on them. If I went to the bathroom at night and stepped on that spot, my wife would wake up startled! So had to tippie toe and avoid those areas.

The electricity in the entire room only works when you put your room key in a slot as you enter. So if you want a light during the night time hours, you have to leave the entire room light! Can't pick and choose which lights to keep on or off.

The thing that bothered and annoyned me the most was about my room rate. Apparently, Le Meridian changed their tax structure starting September 1st. They told me that due to this, I have to pay an additional $210 US for the night of 9/1. I fought this very strongly and said that Expedia did not have this charge listed, and if there was miscommunication between Le Meridian and Expedia, that I would not be responsible for it. I was then contacted about this matter THREE TIMES! I then got Expedia on the phone, told them the situation, and the manager at Expedia spoke to Le Meridian, and they agreed that I would not be charged any extra.
What was funny thought, when we were checking out, I overheard them doing the same thing to every other guest! And EVERY one of the guests refused to pay. Should be an interesting month for them...

The last thing that irked me about this place was the front desk staff. They are CLUELESS as to the on goings of their OWN hotel! I called and asked the hours of a restraurant, and was told they open at 12 noon. I waited for an hour for it to open, only to find out it really opens at 12:30! On a sunday I asked if the shops on the second floor were open, and was told no, all shops are closed on Sunday. But lo and behold! ALL of them were open! At one point my wife and I were in the mood of a certain Indian dish, and we were told that coffee shop had it (which confused me). When we proceeded to the coffee shop, all we saw were cakes and pastries. When I asked them, I got a strange look and the obvious answer.

So...if you need to find anything out, DO NOT ask the front desk, call the restaurant/store directly!

Overall....I had heard great things about this hotel, but after this past week, I feel that it is VERY overrated. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, but the customer service was NILL!! I would recommend to stay at the Muria Sheraton or Taj instead.

has anyone stayed in le meridien new delhi and taj ganges in varanasi recently?

by wanwai

how are the two hotels?
is the le meridien undergoing renovations?
i heard that some people have upset stomach just by brushing teeth with hotel tap water
can the tap water is these two hotels be trusted?
thanks

by angelin

My dear Vt friend, In delhi, there are a lot of good hotels or small hotels. I've been to delhi for many times and I don't have my stomach problems. Just don't drink the tab water, even you visit to Phils,HK, Thai or Korea, they'll advise you not to drink tab water, better buy mineral botled water. Delhi is my favorite country.

RE: RE: has anyone stayed in le meridien new delhi and taj ganges in varanasi recently?

by wanwai

then is it safe to brush teeth with tap water?

by ronig

hi

we stayed at hotel le meridien few times.
last time-in the summer ,part of the hotel was under construction and we got a very noisy room.
the room was replaced after long time-hours. the hotel is very good and at very good location.

at hotel taj ganga we have been 3 years ago.
a good hotel-far from the ganga.

by l92067

We were in India last week. Stayed at the Taj Ganges in Varanassi. Taj group are some of the better hotels in the country. Take the advice of a microbiologist and do not brush your teeth with the water even if it is a 5star hotel. Drink only bottled water and stay away from reconstituted juices etc and definitely no ice! Eat only "cooked foods' avoid salads and fruits which may have been washed in the local water. Fellow travellers who shunned this advic e suffered for it with 2 or 3 day's of intense gastric distress, relieved only by an anti-biotic. India is a wonderful country and Varanassi fascinating!

by anirvansen

Just for everybody's knowledge, every 5-star hotel needs to comply (legally) to the regulation of supplying clean, drinking water to all the rooms and therefore, it is perfectly safe to drink the hotel water. However, the hotels tend to hide this fact due to the huge profit margins the mineral water is sold at hotels. Every mineral water bottle is bought at around 8 INR (18 US cents) and it is sold around 50-80 INR (1.2-1.8 USD).

Both these properties are excellent and conveniently located.

Cheers,