Manor Hotel

77 Friends Colony W, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110065, India

The Manor
Hotels.com Splendia.com Expedia.com

• Sad

December 2010. We asked our tour operator put us in the Manor after reading earlier great reviews here. Sad - read on. We made base at the Manor, staying four nights and venturing in and out of Delhi to do the "golden triangle" tour and visiting friends further afield. Internet in our room did not work (this hotel touted as a business hotel? this gets irritating after the 4th night in the same hotel and in 3 separate rooms, having the hotel maintenance man visit us on each occasion), surprised us with taxes after upgrading our room unilaterally and without our prior knowledge, the reception scammed us with the in-house limousine after we asked for a radio taxi, saying that the trip with taxes would cost the same - resulted in us paying INR 2000 for the trip out, our radio taxi trip back to the Manor cost us INR 700 inclusive of tip!, breakfast on the last day was billed to us! huh? - we just paid to get out of there!

Unique Quality: Looks good, food is good but beware! Sad for the experience!

• bashboo's Profile Photo

Boutique Hotel

Very pleasant hotel with great staff and nice decor. This small hotel situated within a posh south delhi residential colony will make you feel as if you could be anywhere in the world- the interior design is equivalent to any good minimalistic European hotel. I would strongly recommend this place for elderly couples and not so much for those with children. Enjoy!

Unique Quality: Good location. Also has travel agency ( Manor Travels) on the premises.

Directions: Friends Colony West - Near New Friends colony with easy main road access to areas such as Lotus temple, Delhi Golf club etc.

More about Manor Hotel

An oasis of tranquility amidst urban insanity

by TripAdvisor Member NotRoughingIt

Delhi from arrival at the dingy airport to the insane traffic was nerve wracking, so the contrast when we finally made it to The Manor (tucked away in an exclusive enclave in south-east Delhi) was all the more extreme- a security guard to keep out the riff-raff, quiet, friendly front desk staff who did all the form-filling for you while you relaxed and recovered, a large glass of freshly-squeezed mango juice, then a long bath with all the amenities supplied. I wasn't surprised to learn later on that this property is managed by Aman resorts. Complaints- the standard rooms are small, and not the same size; ask to be shown the rooms before deciding. Everything else was fantastic- the service, the food (the angel hair pasta- excellent!)... our travel agent messed up the return airport transfer, but the staff at the Manor took care of everything with aplomb. Suggestions for improvement? Perhaps WiFi access, and some attention to ageing fittings. Other than that, I know for certain which hotel I'll be returning to, when I next visit Delhi...

design hotel nice and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member fedenicc

The manor hotel is placed in a very quite residential part of delhi.It is in a quite place, no cars, no traffic, just beautiful and exclusive villas around.the hotel is a "design hotel", very beautiful. I suggest a "superior" or "executive" room beacause it is bigger than the others. comfortable and big bed, clean bathroom. the only bad aspect of this hotel is the carpet in the room, it looks old and dirty even if it isn't dirty but I think it is very dated!
The room service is good!
the breakfast hall is relaxing,we were alone.
The staff is very polite.
good aspect: internet place is avalibale 24 hours and is free.

What a perfect little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ExploreFirst

I stayed at The Manor on my arrival in India, and then again after a five-day trip through Agra and Jaipur, before my onward flight to Mumbai.

Out of the nine places I stayed at in India, The Manor was in the top two by far (the top position is shared by Malabar House in Fort Cochin).

What a gorgeous little place. It really is small - only 11 to 16 rooms (depending on who you ask!). But there is a great sense of space and light. Both of my rooms were airy, stylish and extremely comfortable, and the terraces, croquet lawn and public areas all add to the sense of spaciousness.

Because it is so small, there is a very real sense of personal attention.

One example is breakfast. On one morning I wanted to have breakfast (included in the room rate) really late, closer to lunchtime, at around 12h30. Expecting a great deal of resistance - most hotels maintain strict "breakfast hours" - I arrived in the restaurant to find it was not a problem at all. They just served a gorgeous breakfast of croissants and soft scrambled egg and fresh sweet lime juice and great coffee, no problem whatsoever.

On the other two mornings I asked to have breakfast served in my room. Once again, no problem at all, no extra charge for the brilliant and quick room service. Now many, many top hotels around the world insist that a complimentary breakfast must be taken in a restaurant, but The Manor is small and friendly enough not to have such archaic rules.

I was also pleased to have free internet access in my room. A minor gripe is that it is LAN based rather than wireless, but it's free and fast, unlike other "top-notch" hotels I stayed at in India, such as the Taj Mahal in Mumbai where internet access, like everything else, just costs too much.

And for those guests who don't travel with laptops, there is also a PC available for internet access. Nice.

Another major plus is the complimentary drive from the airport. I must say, this was one of the main initial selling points of The Manor for me. You don't want to arrive in Delhi at 3am and still have to find transport to your hotel, so being met by a driver in the early hours of the morning was just bliss.

I have two very small problems with The Manor. One is that it isn't very conveniently located - it's about a 150 rupee taxi ride to Connaught Place, for example. But the flipside of that is that it really is located in a calm, tree-lined suburb totally secluded from the madness of Delhi.

The other tiny gripe is that I was charged extra for mushrooms and tomato with breakfast on only one of my three mornings! I know that is truly petty, but when they get everything else SO right, it's a pity to spoil it with inconsistency. Either charge me every time, or not at all, but not randomly.

To the very dapper Mr Singh who came to offer me a National Geographic to read while I was taking tea on the terrace, I say keep it up, that's a very good little establishment you have there. May it get the visitors it deserves.

Very good value

by TripAdvisor Member squasher

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the beginning of October. The staff were courteous, obliging and quietly efficient. The suite was large, clean and quiet. We ate in the restaurant for one evening meal and although the quality was very good it was inclined to be a little costly for Delhi. We'd recommend the Galati, not that far away and it's in the guide books, where we had an excellent buffet lunch, including soft drinks, for less than 800R for the two of us. The hotel is to the south of the city, some distance away from some of the more notable sites, but this hardly made any difference as having a car and driver is probably the most efficient way to get around in India in any case. I'd have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again. We also stayed one night in the Oberoi Maidens which proved to be a huge disappointment so for us it would be the Manor every time.

Comments