Oberoi New Delhi

Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 003, India

The Oberoi, New Delhi
Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

The Oberoi- Built for Luxury

The Oberoi, New Delhi is undoubtedly the name of luxury in the city. Due to my several experiences of staying at this hotel it has become my home in Delhi. I could view the prestigious Delhi Golf Club and stunningly beautiful Humayun’s Tomb from the windows of my room that adds more grandeur to the elegant and luxurious ambience of the rooms. The innumerable state-of-the-art room amenities and leisure facilities in the hotel were a great help for chasing away all my fatigue of the monotonous city life. The hotel offers numerous options for dining which was like a heaven for a gourmet like me. The delicious Sushi station of Threesixty restaurant, traditional and authentic Italian cuisines at Travertino restaurant and lip smacking Chinese cuisines at Taipan restaurant were my favorites while staying in the hotel.

Directions: Near Humayun's Tomb
    Near Delhi Golf Club

More about Oberoi New Delhi

Oberoi New Dilhi

by TripAdvisor Member 108

New Delhi: The Oberoi New Delhi
November 2006
Tripadvisor member from UK

This Hotel was outstanding.The Service above expectations and the food delicious. Definately try the Italian restaurant at the hotel.
Rooms were immaculate especially the Suites which were the best I have stayed in for a very long time.
Staff very friendly. This hotel, in my opinion is better than Maurya Sheriton which is supposed to be the best in the city.
Expect to pay a lot more than other 5* hotels.

The best in New Delhi by far.

by TripAdvisor Member Mulla

The Oberoi New Delhi was a heaven of peace and tranquility far from busy and polluted roads of the city. New Delhi was the first stop in my tour celebrating our first wedding anniversary.

We arrived late at night on arrival we were welcomed by the Oberoi people in the airport and were transferred to the hotel. Just filled a from and were shown to our room.

It was modern, cozy and was nicely furnished. The bathroom has a bathtub and good water pressure. Our room faced the gold course, nice view.

The staff were nice and welcoming. My wife tried the SPA which was run by Banyan Tree, she was thrilled, and not to mention it was fairly cheap, about US$ 50 per one hour session.

In the time I was there the Oberoi was expanding their SPA and there was some building work going on, this did not disturb us at all.

I was really amazed on how the staff took every gust personally asking them about there preferences and their experience in the city.

A very fine hotel indeed, long live the Oberoi!

Perfect hotel-stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member travellers_k-s

My husband and I stayed at the Oberoi for 2 nights. The Oberoi is a fantastic hotel. The service is impeccable, with the Oberoi staff going out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are beautiful and the pool alone is worth the stay. The spa is the ultimate in luxury (I had the Oberoi massage). Also, we ate twice at the 360 restaurant and the food is fabulous. Room service is the same price as eating in the restaurant, which is nice for a change.

We started our holiday at the Claridges Hotel and then switched to the Oberoi and we wish we'd just paid a bit more and stayed only at the Oberoi. There is no comparison between the two and it is well worth the money.

OK, but not 5 star service.

by TripAdvisor Member travellerConnecticut

Just returned from a trip to India. Stayed at the Oberoi for 2 nights. Over all a pretty good hotel, but certaily not 5 stars. Service was lacking. When I arrived to check-in around 11pm was informed that my room on the 7th floor was ready. Since my brother was also staying there- on the 4th floor, I asked if it was possible to get a room on his floor. I was informed that there were no rooms available on his floor and that I could get a room on the 3rd floor. I declined this offer. I was handed the key-card and made my way up to the 7th floor, only to discover that I had been given "keys" to a room on the 3rd floor. When I went back to the front desk, the staff, including duty manager Sharda, insisted that there never was a room on the 7th floor for me (even though the receptionist had earlier, taken out a folder with my name and 7th floor room number on it)! Well, that was there story and they stuck to it! The lack of honesty was quite dissappointing!
Otherwise, great location, decent rooms (somewhat worn), and average service. Would try the Shangri-La next time.

Great Hotel, Awesome service

by TripAdvisor Member Prania

We stayed at The Oberoi over christmas specially to check out the Spa, which is run by Banyan tree. The experience was simply amazing. Buffet Lunch at Threesixty restaurant was value for money and service was good. Must visit the Chinese resaturant on the rooftop - good ambience and a great view on the city. Our room was overlooking the golf course and very comfortable.

Superb hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member emaij

The Oberoi pays attention to detail. Everything is done extremely well. Service is superlative. The restaurants are excellent. The rooms are beautifully decorated. The staff is unbelievably well trained. The business center is run flawlessly. The gym and spa are fantastic. I could go on and on about this hotel.

where to stay in New Delhi

by sam_999

Hi, where is the best place to stay in Delhi, i need to be near shopping centres and night clubs. where are the clubs in the city. could you please recomend some good 3 to 4 star clean hotels. i need to go to jallandhar what is the best way - deluxe coaches or the train?.

sam

by Odinnthor

Well, you said the BEST place to stay in Delhi, - that would be these:

The Amber is a very nice four star hotel, but not in the city center, but the Hotel Citi Int'l is centrally located. Here they are:

Sorry, - I cannot comment on any three or most four star hotels. I am sure others will chime in with some more good choices. I do recommend the trains in India as a preferred mode of travel. Good luck!

by MaheshSamtani

Ginger hotels is a pretty good chain of hotels with properties in different citites. They do have one in New Delhi. check out at the following link

They have been voted as the best budget hotel chain by CNBC. A room costs about 1000 Rupees per night which is aprox. 14 british Pounds or 16 Euros a night.

Best regards
Mahesh

by qzaman

I stayed at connaught hotel in connaught place during my last trip. Its close to shoppin and night life. Pricier though - about US $150 per night.

Trains in India are pretty good. I can't comment on coach travel becuase don't have any experienc eon those.

Car rental would be another choice. Again it would be more expensive compared to train or coach

Happy travelling

by 5Slove2travel

Try http://www.thepeacocksuites.com/

They have fully furnished accommodations and for the price of a 4-5 star hotel room , you get a whole house to yourself with a cook and a servant .Excellent service and helpful staff . They have various locations in South Delhi and all are clean, comfortable, air conditioned and staffed .

We always stay with them whenever visiting New Delhi. Highly recommended.

by ashishkapoor1980

I would recommend any good hotel around diplomatic avenue for the greenery and peaceful environment.. I've been there in 2008 and just loved it.

Comments