Park Residency Hotel

D-1, Green Park, Ashirwad Building, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110016, India
Park Residency Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about New Delhi

New DelhiNew Delhi

IGI, just up aheadIGI, just up ahead

BooksBooks

animal fair in front of jama masjidanimal fair in front of jama masjid

Do you know any personal guide for Delhi?

by Tertuliaulia

I am a 35 gal and will be visiting New Delhi for one day only. I would like to have a personal guide that can take to see the most of the city. Can you recomend a local travel agency or a local guide??
Thank you all and... just travel!
xoxo

RE: RE: Do you know any personal guide for Delhi?

by Tertuliaulia

I found one travel agency that will do it: $25 for 8-10 hours personal guide. Same conditions aply for you, I think. Are you free April 22nd?
xoxo

RE: Do you know any personal guide for Delhi?

by loose_motion

$25 for 8 hours seems just about reasonable. Add another $ 35 if you wanna throw in a car to travel around . I would highly recommend the car cuz travelling in autos and taxis is time consuming and will end up costing you almost as much if not more for the 8 hours.

Incase your 22nd gets postponed by a day or two, I can show you around town. I am in delhi on the 23rd. Have a good trip . Look up my delhi page for some interesting insights if you want.

RE: RE: Do you know any personal guide for Delhi?

by Tertuliaulia

Thank you, Loose motion. Your page is great in advise and your reply too.
My date is already set. I will leave for Bhutan on the 23rd: maybe we`ll meet at the airport!! (I can imagine the confusion!!).
XOXO

Re: Do you know any personal guide for Delhi?

by whatcanthisbe

hey there this is my second trip to india and will be in delhi at the same time as you i am a native of delhi been living in the us for the past 10 yrs if you want we can travel around delhi on the 22nd i will have a car with me with a guide .. drop me a note if interested ... backtoindia@gmail.com

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Pumpkins

by Applelyn

Just visit any night markets near Connaught Place. Buy vegetables and fruits at a cheaper price. Watch the skillful vegetable seller slice giant pumpkins while cows roam around like kings. It is fun.

MAMMA MIA!

by Siddha3th about FLAVOURS

Originally a small 3-table shack started out by an Italian guy and his wife, word of mouth soon led to Flavours being recognized as one of Delhi's top Italian eating joints. Today, the restaurant finds mention in eating dailies worldwide as a place for some fantastic, authentic Italian cuisine. My friends in Delhi told me that the decor and menu have remained pretty much unchanged over the years... the only thing that has, is the long queue of patrons who line up every night! The Chicken Gnachee - I don't know if I spelt that right, but boy was it tasty! With the cheese baked crisply and the meatballs just right, this dish was gone before the waiter could even return with the wine!!

Lotus Temple

by Penelope4

The Bahá'í House of Worship is popularly known as the Lotus Temple. Shaped like a Lotus, made of marble, cement, dolomite and sand, it is said that it was completed in 1986.

The temple's official website http://www.bahaindia.org says that an average of 12,000 people visit the Lotus Temple in one single day and a record of 150,000 people was the maximum number that made it in one single day! So, before going there, find out when it is good to go there because it is flocked by tourists. The charming architecture will entice you to go there be you a neo-atheist or a follower of a specific faith. Can make you stand in front of it in awe and make you praise a Being way above you. By the way, it is closed on Mondays for cleaning and maintenance purposes.

Through the City- A Shopper's Saga

by Preetibandooni

This time I visited Delhi with the soul aim of enjoying my favorite hobby- Shopping. During my long India tour I couldn’t manage the time for shopping and yet I wasn’t all that worried because Delhi is one place from where one can buy all the specialties of India irrespective of the region or state it belongs to. Thus I visited some of the famous shopping destinations in the city for purchasing mementos from the city for myself and my peers. Janpath at New Delhi is the one place that provided me all the junk jewelry and famous Indian pattern clothes which I was looking for. At the very sight of the place I was overjoyed and I bought various handcrafted items for my house and a pair of beautifully colorful ‘jutties’ which are pretty handcrafted shoes. On the other hand Cannaught Place right adjacent to Janpath is a stark contradiction. Cannaught Place is a sophisticated shopping area where from famous world class brands to coffee shops and bookshops I was able to enjoy a great deal at shopping.

Arab Sarai

by Rupanworld

The Arab sarai is situated close to the Humayun's tomb complex. It was built by Haji Begum, the widow of Humayun and mother of Emperor Akbar in 1560-61 AD. Some accounts state that it was built to house the 300 Arab priests who came with her from her pilgrimage to Mecca. While another account states that it was built to house the Persian workers and craftsmen engaged for building the Humayun’s Tomb. It has a beautiful 14 metre high gateway leading to the walled enclosure.

Comments