Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi

National Highway 8, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110037, India

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• udtaparindaa's Profile Photo

Radisson Blu at New Delhi

It was my friends wedding and the stay was arranged by him. it's an awesome hotel for stay and has all the comforts one would ask for. The food was equally awesome and the variety on offer will keep everyone happy.

• Hotel is on best location

I stay in Radisson hotel for a 3 nights during my business trip of Delhi. The hotel is on best location stand beside the highway and only 5 Kilometers away from Delhi International Airport. I was in deluxe room which was fully equipped with all the modern amenities. All hotel room was aesthetically designed with rich silk designer upholstery and linen in tastefully matched color combinations.

The hotel staffs were very friendly and served in mannered way. The hotel restaurants offer some great kind of Indian and International cuisines. I had taste there North Indian food which was amazing. Overall this was fantastic trip and everything was well manages. I recommended this hotel for there services, friendly staffs and elegantly designed room. I had booked Radisson hotel through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/india/delhi/the-radisson.aspx

• solopes's Profile Photo

Out of town

A modern and comfortable hotel, in a quiet place.

That´s its bad point: the location.

Several km out of town, it puts you dependent of transport. And for our women, used to wander around the hotels in search of the "special" piece to buy, it became a sort of prison, while for the men, the pool has been a very appreciated alternative.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Stranded for an extra night! No worries.....

After backpacking for three weeks we ended up here staying in a $250 room. Thankfully we weren't paying as a fog closed Delhi airport. We weren't complaining being stuck up in here for another night as we were exhausted and the king size bed quickly put us to sleep.

The hotel was very nice and felt very luxurious compared to the other hotels we had stayed in during our visit to India. It's handy for the airport and has a number of restaurants. We visited one of the restaurants that specialised in tandoori food. Breakfast was buffet style with endless opportunities.

Unique Quality: Didn't stray from our room or the restaurant so I'm not sure what other facilities were available.

Directions: Near the airport

More about Radisson Hotel Delhi

Radisson Hotel

by vetchm about Radisson Hotel

Radisson Hotel Delhi, a 5-minute drive away from the international airport and a 10-minute drive from the domestic airport.

Hotel Amenities
High-Speed Internet
Pool
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Suites

New Delhi's luxury hotel closest to the airport

by oldmonk_92129 about Radisson New Delhi

This is a very nice place. I stayed here for 6 days.
However this is not for the budget traveller (USD85 and up per day). It has at least one world class restaurant, three other very good ones, a bowling hall, a sports bar and a convenient fitness center. Very close to the airport.
Superbly sumptous complimentary breakfast.
A nice full size pool and fitness center.
A one of a kind restaurant in the 'Great Kabab factory'.

good experience

by TripAdvisor Member Angelo65

Stayed three times at the radisson delhi with my wife and 3 daughters.Hotel is about 45 minutes from the Red fort but close to the Qtub Minar and Airport.
Rooms are good and clean and restaurents serve excellent cuisine.The staff are extemely helpful and they upgraded us on our last 2 nights and offered us late check-out.Not in the city center but a very good experience.

Accomdations okay, Service lacking

by TripAdvisor Member JazzKhanna

Stayed at the Radisson, Delhi for about a week. Although the room and hotel were well kept, overall I was not impressed with the service.

I had arranged for an early check-in since my flight landed early morning. The Radisson driver received me at the airport, however, upon check-in I had to wait about 20 mins for a room to be prepared. (I booked a superior room through Travelocity).

The 'superior' room was small and was lacking a safe and min-bar, which for me are both necessities. Also I noticed the window view was of the highway and also the decorative balcony was filled with bird droppings. I requested to be shifted to a room with a safe at a minimum and that night my request was accommodated and I shifted into a business room.

The business room had a safe, min-bar and view of the terrace so I was complacent with the accommodation. The service, however, was a different story. To be fair, some services were up to par, for example room service and business center services were fine.

However I found the staff overall to be unfriendly and not very well trained. My previous Delhi stays were at the Taj Palace, which in comparison provides excellent customer service in all aspects.

While working out in the gym, for example, staff did not seem to know to turn on the AC when customers were working out. Instead they were busy vacuuming which added to the stuffiness and poor ventilation in the gym. When I asked for assistance in programming the treadmill, apparently the English speaking gym attendant was not around, so another staffer experimented with the different buttons to try and help. I used the treadmill in quick start mode alternatively. Later when the English speaking gym attendant returned, he spent some time training the junior staffers on how to program the machines (for customers like myself during his absence). This all happened on the treadmill next to mine during my workout so it was very annoying. I really doubt the English skills and English fluency of the staff. Once, when I had completed my workout and was set to leave, a staffer suddenly appeared and awkwardly asked, "May I assist you Sir?" I felt that he might have been practicing his English with me, as the timing of his delivery was just awkward. One other thing about the gym, I asked to use the steamroom. Since it was under renovation, they asked if I'd like to use the Jacuzzi. I agreed, however later I found an attendant filling up an oversized bathtub with water in the locker room area. When I realized that was the Jacuzzi, I declined to use it.

In the breakfast buffet, I found the staff only spoke when spoken to. And aside from notifying customers that the buffet was going to close shortly, they did not provide much service. Many times they were standing around waiting to provide service. But hardly ever did they offer their services without being called.

This was the opposite of the service I experienced at Taj Palace (during my previous Delhi stays) where staff went out of their way to provide exceptional service. In fact, Taj staff acknowledged my presence at every opportunity with greetings like Good Morning Mr. Khanna, or by opening the door or elevator. On the other hand, Radisson service was lacking. I once passed the lobby staff on the way to the restaurant and found them exchanging silent glances with me without uttering a word.

Overall, I have no complaints with the amenities and accommodations. However, having previously stayed at a 5 star hotel that provides superior service, I found Radisson’s service to be less than satisfactory.

Suitable for business, overpriced like all hotels in the area

by TripAdvisor Member hingibu

I stayed here on business a number of time between January and June 2006 and would recommend it as a place to stay when on business or if you need to be close to the aiport.

Like all hotels in Delhi, this place is overpriced for what you get but with the big influx of multinationals to Gurgaon over the last few years the hotel prices have increased dramatically - supply v demand at the end of the day.

The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and the complimentary airport shuttle is a bonus. The rooms are large but somewhat worn and could do with being upgraded. The bed is hard.

The food is fine with a good variey of both local and European options. The pool area is fine - pleasant enough as a place to spend a few hours.

Be sure to have a driver and dont expect to walk anywhere locally as there realy isnt much of interest in the area.

If you can tolerate the traffic its preferable to stay in Delhi or if on a bigger budget stay at the Trident Hilton in Gurgaon - definitely a few classes above this hotel.

Good choice near airport

by TripAdvisor Member RCLCOLPB

Were picked up at the airport by a nice driver from the Radisson near the airport, which had been recommended by a friend whose parents live in New Delhi. Quite nice and convenient to the airport, though not cheap and I thought it was a little musty for an upscale hotel. But wonderful buffet breakfast—the best of the trip. Would only stay there if I were flying into Delhi in the evening and flying out the next morning, but a very good choice for that purpose.

Comments