Raunak Plaza

12a / 29 W.E.A Saraswati Marg, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005, I
Raunak Plaza
Orbitz.com AMOMA.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about New Delhi

Muhammad Shah's tomb - March 2009Muhammad Shah's tomb - March 2009

AT THE MOSQUE-CHANDNI CHOWKAT THE MOSQUE-CHANDNI CHOWK

The PChamlis family chowing down at the BukharaThe PChamlis family chowing down at the Bukhara

India GateIndia Gate

Reputable tour operator

by MargoZee

Hi guys,

I am soon travelling to India with a group of people to trek in Dharamsala, but then I am staying for a couple of day on my own, as I wanted to see more attractions. I got a quote through www.indiatraveltours.com, and it all looks good, but I haven't found any customer feedback. Anybody heard of them or had any experience with them? Cheers!

by indiantraveler

Hi MargoZee

Nah... I won't recommend them to you.. Dharamshala is around 12 hours by bus from New Delhi, capital of India.. Once you reach Dharamshala, the asylum place of the Tibetans in India, you can go trekking on your own! Why waste money! If you have excess of moolah, I don't mind having some ;) ! have fun in India.. btw, I live in New Delhi and been to Dharamshala to meet His Holiness The Dalai Lama in March this year :D !! For further enquiries, you can get back to me. Man E

by MargoZee

Oh, sorry, I probably didn't compose my question clearly enough...My question is not about the trek, because I'm doing it with a charity I support. But I'm staying in Delhi for extra couple of days on my own after the trek to go and see Taj Mahal and Jaipur. Because I am on my own and pushed for time, I have booked a tour that will take me to these places. So I just wanted to know if anyone had dealings with them before...
Thanks though for taking your time to reply!

by lynnehamman

There are good pages about Delhi- with tips on how to get around (transport), what to see, and it is easy to do these without the help of travel agents. I myself have done a lot of independant travelling from and around Delhi. Train travelling is easy, cheap and convienent.Si Ii would suggest that you read some VT pages about Delhi.(My homepage has a link to my Delhi page, with tips if you scroll to the bottom of page)
You could also go to the destination search box (top right of page)enter New Delhi, and click GO. All New Delhi top pages will be displayed.
You can save a LOT of money by doing it without the help of travel agents and tours.Doing it alone also gives you more flexibilty. Please email me if you have any specific question- I would be quite willing to help.

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Modern high rise architectures

by l_joo

Of course New Delhi is not only about roadside vendors and Paharganj, this is a picture I snapped from one of the modern part of this city, I went there to make reconfirmation of my air ticket at one of these buildings. Couldn't recall the name but was quite big and many cars around, typical metropolitan look. Later I had my lunch here at a roadside vendor, nice foods.

Delhi Metro

by miguelle_guisson

New Delhi now boasts of world class Metro line, although its still under expansion plans but there are 3 lines operating as of now. Delhi Metro is among the most efficient metros in the world.

Tourist Card: For unlimited travel over short periods. There are two kinds of cards - 1 day and 3 day. Cost of 1-Day Card is Rs. 50 and 3-Day card is Rs. 150.

Token: For a single journey only. Tokens are valid only on the day of purchase and the value depends on the destination. Look up the fare for your destination station on the Token table.

Currently there are 3 lines operating :
Line No.1 ( Shahdara- Rithala) : 22 Kms.
LIne No. 2 : ( VishwaVidyalaya and Central Secretariat ) : 11 Kms.
Line No. 3 : ( Barakhamba Road - Dwarka )

The Metro Trains runs from 6:00 AM in the morning till 10:00 PM in the night. However one train service starts at 10:35 P.M. from the Kashmere Gate Underground Section for Vishwavidyalaya and Central Secretariat respectively. This train service has been provided to ensure that commuters from Line I are able to reach the last station of Line II in the night.
On the Underground section the train frequency varies from 5 minutes at peak time upto 10 minutes in non peak hours. The 11 Kms Underground section between Vishwavidyalaya and Central Secretariat is covered in 18 minutes 30 seconds approximately.

Thali

by l_joo about Thali

This plate of foods is called Thali, it cost 40Rs, if it is Chicken Thali, it will be 70Rs. This is the best set meal so far for its value, suitable for all especially low budget tourists. It comes together with two more pieces of Chapati (not in picture). I ate this at least 5 times when I was there.

Chadni Chowk Bazaar

by jmmorgan

Crowed, claustrophobic, hot and incredibly smelly this is India in a nutshell.
Wander slowly as you can never rush anywhere in india, and enjoy the pungent aromas from the spice shops and admire the beautiful Sari fabrics hanging above your head. Walk carefully and people watch.
You can go at anytime of day as this bazaar is always humming with activity.

Indira Gandhi Memorial museum

by jmmorgan

The former residence of prime Minister Indira Gandhi is now a museum. The house has exhibits of her life and some rather gory shreds of the clothing she was wearing when assassinated by her own bodyguards in the winter of 1984.
Outside in the garden the path that she was walking when murdered has been covered with crystal so that no-one shall ever walk it again. The spot where she fell is constantly guarded by two soldiers.

Comments