Smyle Inn

916 Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110055
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

More about Smyle Inn

Can I Please Have Some Hot Water and Heat?

by RollingOkie about Smyle Inn - Delhi

I stayed at the Smyle Inn in Delhi. This is the alley where my hotel was located in Delhi. It's an area called Paharganj. Lonely Planet calls it "hyperactive" and says that ""with its seedy reputation for drugs and dodgy characters - (it) isn't everyone's cup of tea." I'll second that. I'd call it pure chaos and I wish I could remember reading that statement before I rented a room there. The odds are, I won't rent a room in the area again if I ever go back to Delhi, I don't care how well situated it is. There has to be better value elsewhere. There couldn't be much cheaper. I've come to believe that $8 a night for a room, even in Delhi, may be a little too cheap. Especially when it can be so tough to get some hot water or heat.

A few questions on INDIA

by daryoush

Hey my friend and I will be backpacking through India late May through mid June. We have a few questions...

1. what are some budget hotels/hostels in mumbai, goa and dehli? We have searched many hostel sites and found some but we'd rather hear some personal recomendations.

2. We will be traveling by train from Mumbai to Goa, then Goa to Dehli. We would like to stop in 2 other cities on our way to each of those cities...any suggestions?

thanks for the help!

Re: A few questions on INDIA

by nav_jewel

youth hostels can be tried as safe and inexpensive. Delhi and Goa (3 nos.) have them in good locations. Agra and Jaipur are two places u can also take en route to Delhi.

PS: While in youth hostels, you can search around for hotels that suit your likings, though you can go thru the recommendations of this site and LP

Re: A few questions on INDIA

by into-thin-air

Hi
I was in Delhi, Mumbai and Goa earlier this year.
My hotel recommendations would be, Smyle Inn, Delhi, Hotel Modern in Mumbai, Goa, there are so many places it’s best to pick your own depending on whether you are looking for a party scene or a relaxing scene ;-)
I broke the Goa – Mumbai – Delhi train journey at Ahmedabad, It’s not the Most exciting of places but does have some advantages including Sarkhej Rosa
Details of hotels and some info and pics of Sarkhej Rosa are on my New India page
Hope that helps