Surya Shelter Downtown

Costs 56% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about New Delhi

DecorDecor

India Gate - New DelhiIndia Gate - New Delhi

Deepa Kapoor, a super guide in New DelhiDeepa Kapoor, a super guide in New Delhi

Gates to the Presidential palaceGates to the Presidential palace

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hello all the VT members living in New Delhi or visiting this posting :-) Well, I am now living in New Delhi and probably require an accommodation for the next 30-40 days! What I am looking for is a SAFE, clean and comfortable place with all the amenities required for a tourist. The place can be a HOTEL or even a paying guest house with other fellow tourists. I can pay whatever is reasonable for any of the above. The areas I am looking in are Pitampura/Carol Bagh but of course would consider other locations. If you have any good place in mind please go ahead and let me know, either here or by sending me an email. By the way I do have my cell number in Delhi and even you can give me a call. My number is: 9582033346
Thanks guys and look forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Amir

Re: Hello delhiites, I am looking for a long term hotel or paying guest Accommodation!! :-)

by NYTim

Try the Blue Triangle YWCA

by Annajacobia

what budget you are looking at. it is important to know to suggest right place for you and where exactly is your work place. Travelling in Delhi can be painful. So it is good to stay close to your work place.
let me know will advice

Hi Amir

I reccommend this Guest-House

You can read about it in my New Delhi accommodation tip also.

The owner, Ruumi, is just the lovliest person, and you will be treated like a king. It is in the very best part of Delhi (Nizamuddin East)- the 'Green Ambassadorial Belt' of Delhi.Close to all best tourist attractions,clean and safe.
We came to Amaaya as guests- and left as friends. I have weekly contact with Ruumi, and I would never consider staying anywhere else in New Delhi after being a guest at her beautiful home/guesthouse. The food is divine too.
She charges R3500 per night- but rate drops for long term visitors.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hello Lynn and thanks for your responds!!
Well my budget varry according to the facilities but I think 1200-1500 Rup per night sounds reasonable?? Today I have a business in Karol Bagh so should go there and probably may come accross some hotels!!
Lynn if you may leave me the number of guest house I would give them a try, or the owner may contact me.
Again thanks for your responds and let me know if you have any contact numbers in Delhi.
Signing out and bye for now,
Amir............ :-)

Hi Amir
The number is listed on the website.
Give her a call- she may drop rates for a longer stay.
You would really enjoy staying there.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Thanks Lynn, I contacted her and she is going to check the availability. I have found places in Karol Bagh as well!! :-)
Regards,
Amir

by cgf

D-36, Nizamuddin East
New Delhi
T: +91-11-41825699
M: +91-98106 86020

by cgf

ops! too late, I had to talk at phone meanwhile..

by lynnehamman

Good Amir that you had a chat with Ruumi. I'm sure that she will organize something. She is just the lovliest person, and her home/guesthouse is exquisite. Nizamuddin East is a great safe area. By the way- Delhi traffic is not THAT bad- can be negotiated well by Auto-rickshaw.It flows a lot better than Mumbai traffic, in my opinion.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Thanks Lynn and all. Rummi could not accommodate me for more than few days, however I was able to manage to find a good offer in Karol Bagh. Its not a five star hotel but very clean , friendly and homely. I have already made some adjustments in my room to make it more comfortable for a long time stay:-)
Take care all!!

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Homeless people

by l_joo

I saw many peoples all ages sleeping peacefully on streets of New Delhi in daytime also at nighttime. At daytime, they sleep alone but bunch at night. Women with kids together were sleeping on street to beg for money, especially targeting foreign tourists. I saw so many homeless peoples at night when our bus was about to depart to Amritsar where they had to look for a vacant place in the middle of highway each by each. I also saw them under the flyover, back street, garden and etc. The most eye opening was those who slept directly beside the road. They actually sleep on the road where those wheels of vehicles rolling pass their body just a tight distance away with dust, smoke and noises coming from honks and engines.

Travelling By Taxi

by walterwu

I took a taxi from Qutab Hotel to Dilli Haat for 100 rupees and from Dilli Haat to Connaught Place for 145 rupees. On the way back from Connaught Place to Qutab Hotel, it was 250 rupees.

I was told by a driver (not taxi driver) that the average take home pay is about 3,000 rupees per month. Judging from what I have been told, it seems that amount paid is on the high side.

When taking a taxi, make sure that it is air-con taxi if you desire one as there are non-aircon taxis too.

Traveller's Meeting Place

by DaDrifter about Pegasus at Nirula's

Pegasus is a part of the Nirula's Restaurant and Hotel complex, located in Connaught Place. This well stocked bar with a typical Victorian style decor, offers a decent collection of beers, wines and cockctails. Nothing like a chilled glass of the local Indian 'Kingfisher' draught on a hot summer evening.

Lotus Temple - Exhibition Complex

by DaDrifter

A new information centre has recently been constructed facing the main temple building. This is a good place to gather information about the Bahá'í faith and see a very interesting exhibition depicting its origin, history and teachings.

A poster at the information centre quoting from the teachings of the Baha'i faith reads:

Among the teaching of Bahá'u'lláh is the equality of Men and Women - "The world of humanity has two wings, one is women and the other is men. Not until both wings are equally developed, can the bird fly". Amen :)

DIGNIFIED DECADENCE - SAFDARJUNG TOMB (2)

by Siddha3th

Turns out, Safdarjung Tomb was built in 1753-54, as a memorial to the Prime Minister of Delhi under Muhammad Shah.

The entire place has a very decadent, antique vibe to it. The forlorn feel surrounding the structure begins to become quite attractive after a while...

Safdarjung Tomb's quite like that distant old uncle whom you never really paid attention to. But once he started with his stories - man, you realized there was so many layers to this figure you'd never even attempted to discover.

Comments