1 Mansingh Rd, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 011, India

Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Great New Delhi Hotel

A good choice for business travel - being on expenses helps a bit with the price tag. Not overly expensive, but of course it depends on the room you book. Service and ammenities are very good, and dining choices are good, in particular the "House of Ming" Chinese restaurant. A good base for sightseeing, with car services available.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal Hotel: For a Luxurious Delhi Tour

This time my base for Delhi tour was Taj Mahal Hotel. I had booked a Club room in the hotel which was satisfactorily decked with enormous amenities for a luxurious stay while on our Delhi tour. The service was great and the staff was very friendly and cheerful. Situated in a prime location in the city this hotel provides easy accessibility from airport. As I entered the hotel the beautifully decorated lobby itself impressed me giving us a preview of the high standards of hospitality and amenities that it offers to its guests.

I and my friends had rooms on the same floor that provided us opportunity to spend most of the time together. From fine dining to more casual mode of dining and all the personalized services, this hotel doesn’t compromise on any aspect of hospitality and the price for such services obviously demands a little more of course. The price for a stay at this hotel is surely higher then what you will have to pay at others but it surely lives up to one’s expectation.

• Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

As grand as a Taj can be

The Taj Group of hotels are well-known for its intricate architecture and service levels. Staying here is like experiencing royal treatment but of course with all the modern amenities at your disposal.

Picture taken from www.tajhotels.com

Unique Quality: Lovely ambience and gardens

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Delhi's Home From Home

From the moment we arrived at the Taj Mahal hotel we were treated as intimate family friends, rather than guests. We were whisked to our luxurious club room on the 7th floor, and check in was done there instead of in the lobby. Having been travelling for more than a day, it was just the touch we needed.

The room was very well appointed and comfortable. Our butler was attentive, but unobtrusive.

Toiletries were of a superior standard and each night the turn down service was a delight, with little extras such as scented candles and something that I called a dream wish (a tiny card with some beautiful words to take to sleep).

We stayed for two nights, then left to tour North India. When we arrived back a week later the doorman remembered us by name. This both surprised and pleased me because you felt they were glad to see you back. Indeed, they must have been - they upgraded us to the Presidential suite!!

The restaurants serve a varied and delicious cuisine. We partook of the delicious delicacies at the rooftop restaurant, the main buffet-style coffee shop overlooking the pool, and the amazing Indian restaurant (which had a live floor show). It was some of the best food we had in all of India.

While the weather was not great, we did spend a couple of hours by the pool and, once again, we were inpressed with both the facilities and the poolside snack service.

This hotel deserves it's place among the Leading Hotels of the World.

Unique Quality: The staff here are very efficient in every way. They really care about their guests and want you to feel at home. No doubt, this is to ensure you return - and indeed, I would.

Directions: In the Government District

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Just love this hotel

This is a better hotel compared to the other Taj property in Delhi, the Taj Palace Hotel.
    The rooms are better (read: with magnifying mirror for shaving) and the service is far more superior. The staff are very friendly as well. And the food, great!

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, great (breakfast buffet) food, and location (centrally located in New Delhi).

Directions: In Lutyen's New Delhi, adjacent to most prime residential area in New Delhi where top government officials stay.

More about Taj Mahal

Watch out for brown water

by TripAdvisor Member Doctor1948

My wife and I stayed in a Club Room at the Taj Mahal for 10 days in October. Like others who have commented on this hotel, we found the service and welcome to be impeccable. The Mercedes waiting for us at arrival was a treat. We have never experienced as enjoyable a check-in as we did here. The staff is attentive but unobtrusive. We tried all the restaurants and the quality is excellent at all of them. The breakfast buffet is very good indeed, although we have seen even more impressive buffets in Beijing hotels (such as China World). The waiter service at breakfast is somewhat inconsistent. The hotel could use some updating; the infrastructure is more than 20 years old, without any investment since then. The rooms are smallish for what we associate with executive-level service. We became ill for unrelated reasons, and the hotel secured a physician who promptly attended to our needs for an outrageously reasonable cost (the only bargain associated with the hotel!). What was really troubling was going for a shower, turning the water on, and watching the yellow-brown water pour out. Not a question of waiting for it to clear --- it just kept coming regardless of how long we let it run. For the premium price of a Taj hotel, this was unacceptable to us and enough to tell us we will not return, no matter how attentive the service. Hotels need to get the basics right - and rusty or dirty water is simply unacceptable. The plumber claimed the abnormally high water pressure forced the rust out of the old lead pipes. He never answered the question why the lead pipes were there in the first place. They are unacceptable by today's environmental and human health standards.

Terrific property, watch the luxury tax charge

by TripAdvisor Member vanholt

This hotel, located away from central Delhi in the green, government area, but still allowing easy access to desirable sites, has a lot going for it: astounding lobby with period art rotundas, big city service, elegant rooms, pleasant views, responsive staff, but the one thing you have to watch is the luxury tax charge. We booked our $ 210/night through Travelocity, which confirmation advised of a 12.5% tax. Our closing bill, however, attempted to charge 12.5% on what we were advised was a rack rate of $ 500. This was the first we learned of this! Needless to say, we refused to pay the exorbitant amount and the manager relented. Be very clear when making reservations here. The club room dining salon, the Grille Room, is pricey but a delicious alternative to weeks of delicious Indian food. The concierge is knowledgeable, without playing the commission game, and the breakfast buffet is varied, delicious and in a very pleasant setting. We would stay here again in a snap. The Mercedes to the airport is a comfortable ride.

Excellent arrival after trans-Atlantic flight

by TripAdvisor Member RGFSavannah

Perfect service upon arrival being met at the airport, greeted repeatedly at the entrance and taken directly to our room without the hassle of a front desk check-in. The Indian restaurant was wonderful, the breakfast buffet sumptuous, the over-all service exceptional. ( One small exception was when we checked out prior to departure and the switchboard informed our friends that we were gone while we sat in our room waiting for them.) Having read previously about the taxes, I had no room to argue, and was prepared for this extra amount on the bill. I had not, however, confirmed the rate for picking us up at the airport ($65). Thanks to tripadvisor comments we selected this hotel and could not have been more pleased. Our friends used the beauty shop and the work-out room, also. Would recommend this hotel highly.

Presidential suite, Taj Mahal hotel, BombayPresidential suite, Taj Mahal hotel, Bombay

Accomodation in New Delhi

by Vigor70

Dear VT members ,
Hi , we are a group of 8 persons and would like to travel to Inida on March.
We want to rent an apartment with three bedrooms for one week. We had some look at internet but couldn't find any. Can you help us and advice some good apartments ? Which part of New Delhi is a good place to stay ?
Thanks

by balramdass

Hi

Connaut place is quite nice and central.
I booked my hotel with desiya.com or .co.uk they are quite good and reasonable.
By the way---thats me in new delhi's Taj mahal hotel

have fun

by into-thin-air

I would head for the Paharganj, this is central for a lot of the tourist attractions of New Delhi and is also very close to New Delhi Railway Station.

If you can’t find an apartment then I would recommend The Smyle Inn, 916 Chandiwalan, Main Bazar, Paharganj, New Delhi, 110055

I Stayed here three times, at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of my 2007 trip and can say it was one of the Better hotels that I stayed in
Prices from 350r for a single en-suite room, 440r for a double en-suite room , Including a Good Breakfast and ½ hour internet access,
Rooms are a bit small but are clean and do have satellite TV and a small window
I hope that helps a little but If you need more info then feel free to drop me a line
Happy Travels
Rob

by Vigor70

Hi Rob , Thanks for your help. I am looking at your web pages in virtualtourist.com
Please write me more about beautiful places you saw in India.
Have you been in Iran ? You are welcome to my country any time.

by umashanker

It seems difficult that any body give flat on rent for one week.Rental in Delhi is usually for 11 months with written agreement on stamped paper.Now a days much diffuclty for land lords as they have inform the police about credentials of tenenat for verification too.Due to terrorists threats and rent control act it is not easy to get a flat on rent unless you have personal connection in Delhi.
It is suitable to stay in Hotel for a short stay.Though South Delhi is good for stay but Paharganj area is relatively cheaper and central too.
Best wishes