Tara Palace Hotel

419 Old Cycle Market, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110006, India

Hotel Tara Palace
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Incredible stay

It was a pleasure to stay here. The staff were friendly and have done more to make your stay superb. They arrange a quick cars meaning you never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Incredible breakfast, high quality continental buffet with hot breakfast cooked to perfection to order. Free internet available in the rooms . Rooms very comfortable, spotlessly clean and cleaned daily. Great shower. Very relaxing.Hotel travel desk help us to make my flight and rail tickets.

Unique Quality: Easy access to markets and red fort

• jessicastrns's Profile Photo

Seedy Neighborhood, Great Hotel

The neighborhood around the hotel is pretty seedy, and although I traveled there alone as I woman. All rooms are air conditioned, which is wonderful, and they are also very clean (especially in contrast to outside). The man behind the desk at the hotel can help in booking prepaid taxis and train tickets. He booked my train ticket to and from Bodh Gaya in a matter of minutes, so I didn’t have to go through the hassle of waiting at the train station for it! All in all, my experience at the Hotel Tara Palace was enjoyable, and I would definitely look into staying there again if I am ever back in Delhi!

Unique Quality: Red Fort and Jama masjid view from the roof . Hotel is located on big markets thats why many things to do

Directions: 4 minutes walk from red fort

• min4841's Profile Photo

Well mentained modern accomodation

My flight was land at late night , but I already organize airport pick up service from our Hotel,hotel repesentative take us safely to the hotel. My hotel tara palace is just opposite to red fort and luckily I got a red fort view room because hotel have only 4 this type of rooms.Really Nice little hotel. If you're looking for reasonably priced modern accomodation then MyHotel is perfect. Funky decor and good service. The bar/restaurant area is a little on the small side but we didn't struggle to get a table at breakfast. Only niggle was that continential breakfast was a good selection but no toaster. eally nice stay.Overall though a really nice stay.from hotel travel desk we book our other destination trains and hotels easily. I would definitely look into staying there again if I am ever back in Delhi!

Unique Quality: amzing red fort view from the roof of the hotel.

Directions: famous land mark Red Fort

More about Tara Palace Hotel

You could do worse

by TripAdvisor Member O_and_K

The Hotel Tara Palace was a decent cheap hotel, right in the heart of old Delhi and very close to the Red Fort and Jama Masjid. This was the first place we stayed in India and the surrounding area was a great crash course in Indian mess and chaos.

The airport transfer we booked through the hotel was slow (it took about 2 hours before we even left the airport, we have no idea what the guy was doing) and overpriced. Next time we'd definitely skip it and taxi/auto rickshaw. Once we arrived at the hotel the driver even had the nerve to ask for a tip!

The room itself was clean and quite nice, although quite light and noisy at night.

The staff at the desk were friendly enough but very pushy and reminded us of used car salesmen. Every time we talked to them we felt as though we were being hustled in some way.

Breakfast was average.

Old Delhi is a shock to the senses

by TripAdvisor Member beccy7844

We stayed at the Hotel Tara Palace on the first night of our 3 week holiday touring India.
Old Delhi was a real shock to the senses for me... perhaps I was a little naive. The noise is deafening, constant hooting, animals all over the place no pavements and a great deal of rubbish all around.
It would be fair to say that my heart dropped when I saw that our hotel was down a dark alleyway .... what had I done!
The hotel however was very clean. The staff were helpful and courtious, and our room was large.
Due to a cancelled flight we had to alter our booking at short notice, they were very willing to assist, care for our bags and advise us on travel plans.
As we stayed in January when it was quite cold in the evening they supplied a fan heater. We had tv will plenty of channels, a large bathroom, a comfortable bed and I would say it was very good value for money.
The walls were quite thin, so if you are a light sleeper I would recommend ear plugs!
Breakfast was nice, and we also had supper on one night which was excellent. No alcohol served here.
I didn't enjoy wandering around in the evening and there weren't really any nice restaurants around (McDonalds around the corner!)
There is free internet for guests in the lobby.
I would recommend this for people of a budget, but if you are not I would prefer to stay in Connaught Place as it is cleaner, and quite nice to wander around in the evening.
Total nights staying at the hotel 2.

Okay Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member traveler2815

The staff at the hotel were very nice and willing to help us plan our trip and get us taxi's. The room was clean and quiet and the room service was decent. The air condtioner didn't work and the glass in our bathroom window was shattered, as well as some missing glass shards missing which made us nervous about mosquito's. As far as location goes, it is walking distance to the red fort and transportation is easy in Delhi. I would not stay here if I was not traveling with a man based on it's location in old delhi. We were told the area near coughnant place was a bit safer. Make sure you email and call your flight info to the hotel if you want to get the shuttle service. Looking back on our trip, it would have been worth it to pay more and get a nicer hotel to escape to after seeing Delhi. The place was pretty cheap, so I guess we got what we paid for.

Great hotel, best choice in Delhi

by TripAdvisor Member inst

For our first night in Delhi we chose this hotel after reading reviews and comparing different sites-we were very happy with our choice, very good and clean room, very good price,great location in Old Delhi, nice and helpful staff-never tried to sell us anything which is much appreciated in India... lovely breakftast, internet
We were so happy that we chose it again later on our journey, I do recomment to stay here- it is a pity that is not recommended on the guides-I had the Rough Guide
Of course Old Delhi streets are a bit shocking if it is your first time in India but we loved it and preferred to stay there and visit around and get lost in the alleys and the bazaar

Best in Old Delhi

by TripAdvisor Member screennom

I stayed here for a week in October, 2008. Pre-paid airport pickup was prompt and as promised. The hotel is wonderfully located, if Old Delhi is what you want. It sits at the end of a small alley that looks scary at first but once you get used to the ebb and flo of the area, you see that it is busy but safe. The hotel room was very clean. The included breakfasts were solid. The desk staff was excellent. Two negatives, both avoidable: you WILL get pressed for trips, etc. by hotel people. If you want to take them up on it, I'm sure they'll do a decent job. I wasn't interested, made that clear and they very quickly left me alone. Second, I had to leave a day early and the hotel refused to refund my last day's pre-paid payment. Suggestion: don't prepay, except the first night. All in a all a great very attractively priced clean and safe hotel in Old Delhi -- one of the few.

Noisy as hell

by TripAdvisor Member MAJGlobal

Clean and an interesting location in the middle of a market but it is impossible to sleep.
They have the tv blasting 24 hours a day downstairs at reception and you can hear it in the rooms.
The other annoying thing is the lift buzzer.
I went for breakfast on the first day and they had jugs of water. I said mineral water and pointed at the jug. The waiter said "Yes". Then ten minutes later after I had drunk two glasses of water a bottle of mineral water turned up.
Avoid unless desperate.
They did arrange an airport pickup which was good.

Basic stay at the Tara

by TripAdvisor Member DAL504

Well, we needed a place for a quick overnight after flying nearly 24 hours and then having a flight the next morning. The hotel was pretty average and the walls were pretty thin. The bed was relatively stiff but we were so tired after all that flying that it didn't really matter. For the price, it was not too bad. The alleyway was a little scary coming in late at night, but was much less so in the day light. The area where the hotel is located is a bit dirty, but you won't really escape that if you spend any time in Delhi! The breakfast that was included wasn't bad, either!

Hotel Tara Palace , Delhi

by RosieMolly

Hi
Has anyone stayed here or could recommend another hotel in the $40USD region. I dont care about size or facilities,just location and cleanliness.

Re: Hotel Tara Palace , Delhi

by NYTim

I stayed at the Blue Triangle YWCA. Clean, comfortable and close to Connaught Place. $23.00 us per night for AC room, private bathroom, cable TV, breakfast, 24 hour security, nice gardens.

I highly recommend it.