The Grand New Delhi

See Amenities
SrishtiB's Profile Photo

hygiene & pest control

by written on June 13, 2012

To celebrate my Mother's birthday last week, 8th June 2012, we took her to Caraway - the Indian eatery at "the Grand'. Two incidents ensued that makes me wonder how this place is still getting good reviews :

1. The cutlery wasn't washed properly and no one had bothered to check before placing on the diners table - in a 5 star establishment!!!

2. As we were waiting for our main course, a COCKROACH crawled on our table!! A roach in a 5 star F&B hotel!!!!!!! Unbelievable! I wish I had taken a picture of that roach on our table to show it here.

And then we suffered a very smug manager, who apologised but in a way that sounded so insincere! Like it was no sweat off his back. I even asked one of the waiters to get me the number of the managers' superior and they just scurried off without responding to my request!

If they think that a complimentary desert can make up for such atrocious service and unhygienic environment, then they are seriously mistaken!!! I shudder to think what happens in their kitchens, where the rats and roaches and lizards are being hidden!

Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Grand New Delhi: Settle in Style

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2008

Every time I visit Delhi I like exploring different venues accordingly this time I decided to visit Grand New Delhi. Situated in the vicinity of South Delhi this hotel provided me a comfortable and luxurious stay in the city. At the very first sight of the extravagant building and splendid hotel complex I was impressed with it. The state-of-the-art amenities provided me great pleasure of staying in Delhi. The array of room services and other hotel amenities includes lavishly decorated rooms with round the clock efficient room services.

Along with it I also enjoyed various activities available at the hotel for leisure such as Swimming Pool, Billiards, Tennis Court, Sauna and beauty care. As I was staying alone all these activities were of great help for filling the spare time that I had. The hotel bookshop and art galleries provide some more measures for leisure although I preferred visiting nearby malls at Gurgaon which offers great options for shopping and leisure.

ajmacnab's Profile Photo

Great Price for a 5-star hotel!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 2, 2007

I stayed 6 nights at the Grand New Delhi in early June 2006. It was the best price I could find for a 5-star hotel in New Delhi. Very classy hotel but the only drawback was its location which was away from the downtown core and closer to the airport...which I did not mind at all really. The pool in the back is first class! I got this hotel for $129.00 plus taxes on Expedia.com.

5*?????? they give them out for free here!!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2006

Well, The hotel is OK, I use the term loosley. Room keeping bother you to clean the room (no Lie-ins here) even if you set your door buzzer to "do not disturb". 5 powercuts a day (more sometimes) are commonplace. Room with a bar (yayyyy you say) can of pepsi £1.10p crisps in "awful" flavours 80 pence. You can get european pringle crisps (small tin) for nearly £5!!!!!!!.
I work odd (UK mirrored) hours so when I come "home" I get a beer and relax. Kingfisher or Castle beer 600Ml (big) bottles are only £2.10 each.....not bad you say. There is a petrol station next to the hotel with a "Gourmet?" shop attached.......same beer 40 pence a bottle. How do they get away with this? "Goverment taxes" so tourists are targeted directly by the goverment (which my driver reliably tells me are all very corrupt anyway) Its a roof and a bed......and better than a shed.

Unique Quality: Views are so so (petrol station) food looks great, stomach bug for desert is the kicker (not a generalisation)

Nearby The Grand New Delhi

The Grand New Delhi

• The Grand Hotel New Delhi
  • Hotel The Grand New Delhi
  • The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi

Address: Nelson Mandela Rd., Vasant Kunj Phase II, New Delhi, Capital Territory of Delhi, 110070, India

Amenities at The Grand New Delhi

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

New Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about New Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for New Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Delhi hotel reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Taj Mahal
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews

Explore Deeper into New Delhi
tours dealsinholidays -Privatecity "excelente"
Things to Do
Visit Lotus Temple - The Bahai House of Worship!!
Mouth watering Keema Kaleji
Restaurants
Don't miss the Jhal Muri!!
Restaurants
Agrasen Ki Baoli - a Photographers's treat!!
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple - A must visit
Things to Do
arguably Delhi's most famous culinary destination!
Gurdwara Bangla Sahib
Skip it totally!!
Raj Ghat
Things to Do
Cheap and delicious cakes!
Laxminarayan Temple
Royal Ambiance and Great Food
American Look
Sikhs
Local Customs
India,,, must say..one of best place on earth
National Museum
Visit a huge memorial Humayun Tomb
The Qutb Minar Complex.
Clean and delicious
Restaurants
Great food, clean and delicious!
Restaurants
Excellent Chinese, cheap beer, great service
The best Chinese, Japanese and Thai food in Delhi
Indian Gold Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Cancelled Train Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Low cost eating in central Delhi
Sunday Brunch
Restaurants
Metro to and from the airport
Transportation
Great driver and trip organiser
Exploring New Dehli, India on a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Transportation
Parking made easy-an amusing anecdote
Local Customs