The Lalit New Delhi

Barakhamba Avenue, Connaught Place, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110001, India

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Grand Intercontinental: Enjoyed the Stay

True to its name Grand Intercontinental is a highly satisfactory and stylish hotel built in the vicinity of the national capital of Delhi. I had booked a non smoking suite which was adequately decked with all the modern amenities. It is conveniently located in the heart of the city close to Cannaught Place which is the industrial and shopping center of the city. Although the hotel was in a little bit of mess due to some of the renovations and yet the services were very well organized and took god care of us.

There isn’t anything strikingly different about the place yes it surely is a beneficial site for those on a business expedition. The rooms were front facing with a pleasing view and have all the amenities you would look forward to while staying in a five star. Hopefully the place would look even better once the refurbishing work reaches its end, but still the place is surely giving a shot when considering all the options of accommodation in the city.

• romanhighlander's Profile Photo

Top Hotel In Delhi

We stayed 3 days in this posh 4 star hotel. Great service, great rooms, Plasma Tv's, wireless internet connection and other facilities!!! Top hotel

Unique Quality: Great Pool. The best part is the flower Garland reception that you receive upon arrival.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Intercontinental The Grand

Well where can I start about this place! Yes, I did actually stay here and it was such a contrast to all the other places that I'd stayed in in India. The reason I came here was for two main reasons. Firstly, it was a treat for myself for surviving 4 months in India (!) and that it was the first 5 star hotel I've ever stayed in and secondly it was close to Connaught Place where I wanted to do some shopping before heading back home.

The hotel itself has everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel from excellent service to excellent ammenities that are just too numerous to mention here so check out their website below. My comtempory newly decorated room was spacious and immaculately clean. It had the biggest and comfiest bed I've ever had the pleasure to sleep in, a huge widescreen LCD TV and DVD player/recorder, lights everywhere, desk, swivel chair, 2 phones, 2 bedside tables with lamps, floor lamp, armchair and foot stall, mini-bar fridge, safe, wardrobe with ironing board and iron. The bathroom was again modern with modern WC and sink, bath with a shower and a separate walk-in shower with a huge ceiling shower that was the best I've ever experienced. Fantastic place and good value.

• Intercontinental Eros hotel - Nehru Place

This is a nice enough 5 star hotel. Seems old, but maintained well.

Nice lobby, great breakfast, good food at the coffee shop.

Rooms were good too. Some kinks, but ok.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Good centrally located hotel

A 28-story hotel in four towers -- with a four-story atrium -- the Intercontinental has apparently undergone several changes of ownership. An auto-rickshaw driver recognized it only when he stopped a passerby and was told it was "the Hilton."

It probably was, once, but it's now part of the Intercontinental chain.

Rooms are large and well appointed. The several restaurants (the website says seven; six were open during our December 2004 visit) serve good meals reasonably priced. The lobby bar features Indian bands playing western rock music at levels that make conversation impossible.

Unique Quality: Pool; small business center with high-speed computer access; fitness center; many shops on two mezzanine levels with souvenirs and more ambitious items at competitive prices.

Expedia, Orbitz, and all the many Indian reservations sites I searched, gave US$170 a night as their lowest price. I reserved two rooms at US$90 each through Intercontinental's own site.

Directions: About a five-minute walk from Connaught Place.

More about The Lalit New Delhi

Very disappointing stay!

by TripAdvisor Member RJesman

I have just spent a week in the Intercontinental Grand, New Delhi. A very tired and ugly looking hotel. The rooms haven't been refurbished for a long time. There was building work going on 24hours a day in a lift shaft near my room which kept me awake every night. The Chinese restaurant on the top floor has closed down, and on both nights when I went to the other restaurant on the top floor, I found I was the only person dining in there. The swimming pool has a net covering it to keep birds out except a dozen pigeons were trapped inside the netting flying around. The hotel is in a run down area of the city close to a highway and railway station with trains running through 24hours a day sounding their horns as they pass the station which is clearly audible from your room. Very annoying at 4am! Then on the last night, I was woken by maintenance at 00:30am to fix the lock on my door which I hadn't even reported broken!!! And to make matters worse, my airport taxi hadn't been booked and when the porters finally arranged one, the driver didn't know his way to the airport!!! All this, at a cost of over $1000 for 6nights! There are much better hotels in Delhi for cheaper, I wouldn’t even bother considering this hotel!

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member bachie

We stayed at this hotel in April for 3 night. We had a club room on the 23rd floor. We checked in on the 22nd floor which also has a large lounge where afternoon tea is served to guests as part of the room price. Dainty sandwiches and cakes with a selection of teas are available. Breakfast is sometimes served there as well.
Our room was clean and well appointed with a king size bed wing chairs and large corner windows overlooking the city.Although not newly furnished it certainly was not old and tired. Believe me I have stayed a appalling hotels in England at much higher prices than this one with snotty indifferent staff. I found the staff well mannered attentive and ready to help in any way they could. On our last day there we stayed in our room till 3pm. Our plane did not leave till 1 am in the morning. The staff at the desk on the main floor had a whole list of suggestions on how we could spend our time until it was time for the Intercontinental limosine, which was included in the room price, took us to the airport.
I read some of the reviews and I cannot relate them to our experience at this hotel. We had a great time there and would certainly stay there again when we go back to India.

Worst hotel I ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member colt45

I wish I could give it a zero instead of one point. This place is absolutely crap. I got billed £500 plus in two days of stay (including food). The room was nothing to write home about - the cushions had stains on them from overuse. The bathroom was absolute rubbish. The service was poor. The staff seemed pretty clueless most of the time. They couldn't arrange a taxi for me and kept me waiting for half an hour. And I had a horrible view of a train platform from my window. Nothing to write home about in terms of views.

I will never never stay there again.

great hotel overall

by TripAdvisor Member easr

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid-December - our first stop on a 2 week trip to India. I had stayed here twice before as a young, single female traveler, and felt very safe/comfortable. This time I was with my husband and it was an equally good experience. Our room was in excellent condition, and since we were recovering from jet lag we spent quite a lot of time there! Room service food was quite good, as was the breakfast buffet.

We had arranged to have our train tickets sent to the hotel prior to our arrival in India and the hotel staff gave them to us as soon as we checked in.

I do think that the Intercontinental, like most 4-5* hotels in Delhi, is somewhat overpriced, but it's worth it for a couple of nights particularly if you are just entering or about to exit the country.

Get another hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Fernando_Newhouse

The hotel is under rebuilding and you will know it at your cost. Hammering, drilling, solvents, painting, etc., don't contribute to an enjoyable stay.
I requested to change room because of noise, the next room I was glad that improved, except that next day they started to paint that floor, so it was not very "inspiring".
The same problem one year ago.
For the price we can have better options in Delhi.
Never again ...