The Residence New Delhi

S362, Panchsheel Park, South Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110017, India

More about New Delhi

DetailsDetails

RICHARD SHOPPINGRICHARD SHOPPING

Chandeliers InsideChandeliers Inside

Classic viewClassic view

Suggestions around Karol Bargh..

by technocrat.mani

Hello,

I will be staying in Karol Bargh, , BB palace hotel, near the metro station.

Now I need some suggestions for shopping, eating and some little sight seeing. Its been my 4th trip to Delhi, so I have seen all the important
markets/sightseeing places, still wanted to see something different, Delhi is such a beautiful city..

I would like to get recommendations for cloth shopping (only Malls, under one roof), not soo expensive or too cheap, a decent ones. I was in CP circle last time, but I was almost lost in places, didn’t enjoy much shopping, so is there any specific locations there for shopping?

Some good hotels/restaurants (budget) near my hotel?

Also I would like to know whether there is any amusement parks, some real good ones. ?

Suggest one good discothèque near Karol Barg/CP (close to my hotel).

We will be in Delhi for 4 nights, but we don’t want to repeat our mistake from the last time, which was the time we spent in travelling. So please suggest places which are close to our locality.

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

by footstool

Hi! Welcome to VT. Your profile is completely blank, so we do not know your preferences. Also, have you checked out the VT Travel Guides? There are literally thousands of travel tips on this site, from real live travelers. Bon voyage.

by lynnehamman

a good start would be to read some of the New Delhi pages on Virtual Tourist. That is where you will find all information that you need.

by technocrat.mani

Thanks for those suggestions. Though Im an old member, I was never been familiar with the VT pages. I have gone through lynnehamman's pages, very informative. Thank you..!!

On top of that, I would like to get some more suggestions..!!

I prefer to knew some Non-Vegetarian ( India/Mughal ) resturants around Cannought place.

Also need an advise for a good amusment park in Delhi for a day out.

From the VT pages I find janpath and Sarojini market is the ideal place for my kind of shopping. All I wanted to shop is just general clothing. No cultural or art stuffs..Am I heading to the right place ?

by lynnehamman

Hi

You will find that most restuarants in Delhi, indeed India, have a vegetarian menu. I am vegetarian, and have never had a problem finding good food.
Janpath bazaars have great clothing.

by ladagspa

Good Non-veg food :
You will need to visit Karims in Old Delhi.
And for lavish non-veg at 5 Star is Dum Pukth/Bukhara, ITC Maurya Sheraton
At CP The Host Restaurant and Nizams Kathi Kababs are not bad.

Nice choice available at malls in Rajouri garden for food/clothes accessible by Metro.

HTH
angchuk

by oisha

Hi Mani. Did you make your trip to Delhi already? The clothes shopping at Karol Bagh is probably just as good as heading to a mall. There is the supercheap stall area, similar to what you find in Janpath, but also a string of formal shops along Ajmal Khan Road.

I agree with the tip on Nizam's for kebabs in Connaught Place. Karol Bagh is not really known for its restaurants, instead specialising in banquet halls for parties (which is not much use unless you feel like joining someone's function without an invitation..). My favourite areas for food are Haus Khas and Defence Colony. Did you try those yet?

by sfmylove

Depending on your taste, Roshan di Kulfi in Karol Bagh is one of my favorites. It is not a very inviting place, if you are used to very sanitized ambiences. But the food, and its turn over, is great.

It serves (I think only) vegetarian. I would also try their kulfi (or ice cream).

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Remove footwear when you enter religious places

by ajitnair97

In India it is cutomary to remove footwear when you ente a place of worship. Even most indian houeholds allow for a place to remove and put your shoes befor you enter the house.

With women normally you do a namaste with folded hands, unless its business meeting wher a handshake with a woman is okay.

If you stamp or touch someone with your footwear please apologise. Women tourists whoul eb aware that in North India, there is a certain amoun tof distace a woman keeps from a man. So next time dont get to close to the man you are asking for direction sor the taxi driver or waiter etc.

In India due to class differences you will notice most peole dont sit with the drivers in their cars or in cabs, even if it is a ridiculously small car:) This is especialy true for female tourists.

Auto Rickshaw ( Ah Took)

by l_joo

At first, I thought it was a disaster to get around in New Delhi but slowly I find it quite easy to move around even though in extreme jampacked traffics. Especially easy to get from airport to Paharganj (Railway Station), I just simply hop on a public bus 50 Rupees per ride to send me all the way, happy and satisfied. Auto Rickshaw ( Ah Took) is another good option to get around in city centre, just wave hands or you just stand there will do, they Auto Rickshaw ( Ah Took) will come to you, again and again.

India Gate, Qutb Minar, Markets

by romanhighlander

A picnic at the large ground around India gate is a wonderful idea. The historical Qutb Minar (Qutb Tower) is a sight worth visiting!! When buying in markets always rememberto Haggle and negotiate a great deal.

Jama Masjid- Masjid-i- Jahan Numa

by Preetibandooni

The gateway to Jama Masjid opened up an eternally sublime environment to me. The chirping of innumerable pigeons at the front yard and numerous devotees lining up for mass prayer creates a very peaceful environment. Jama Masjid is the largest mosque in India and is situated on a busy road of Old Delhi adjacent to a bustling market area of Chandini Chowk. This mosque is also known as Masjid- i- Jahan Numa which means ‘the mosque commanding a view of the world’ and hence Muslim community has great emotions attached to it. This exquisite red sandstone citadel witnesses 20,000 people during the time of prayer and during special ceremonies. Jama Masjid has beauteous domes and a hall with seven arched entrances which was a completely awe- inspiring sight.

Qutab Minar : Qutb Minar

by kinjalnz15

Qutab Minar high about 73m high, it was build after the defeat of the last hindu king of delhi.Its made of sandstone from first three ,fourth anad fifth floor made from marble and sandstone.build in 1193 bt qutb-ud-din and finished and repaired by his successors firoz shah in 1368.

Comments