Thikana

A-7 Gulmohar Park, khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110049, India
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Thikana

Home Sweet Home

by TripAdvisor Member DeepaToronto

We have just returned from India and our favorite place to stay by far was the Thikana Bed & Breakfast in Delhi.

Thikana can be compared to a boutique hotel (but costs far less!); tastefully furnished with all the luxurious comforts (..the soft bed with 5-star class linens, clean bathroom with the lovely rain shower, beautiful paintings etc..)

The best part was that it felt like home and the hosts and staff did everything they could to make our stay perfect... if we wanted anything like to find a hip restaurant/bar, or where to shop for something special, or how to get to some tourist attraction, well then you could feel comfortable getting recommendations from the staff... no hidden agendas.. the advice given was always in our best interest... and the location was perfect... close to the center but in a really nice & quiet neighbourhood!

Many days after the hectic pace of delhi we were so grateful to get back to the peace and tranquility of Thikana. A couple of nights when we were really exhausted we just ordered take-in and had a lovely meal in the living room, drinking beers and watching movies from the endless collection of DVDs.

We also loved the availability of having a computer with internet connection just outside our room... we could download our photos and send them to our family and friends to keep them updated on our travels.

As I said Thikana (www.thikanadelhi.com) was the best place we stayed in!

Heaven in Delhi

by TripAdvisor Member gatita51

We were pretty wary of staying in Delhi as the pollution is bad, but after discovering Thikhana on the internet, we decided to try it. What a wonderful experience! Apart from the clean, comfortable and upmarket rooms and amenities, Sheetal is a fabulous decorator and has made the whole house like a mirror of Indian beauty and culture. The kitchen staff prepares meals to die for, well worth ordering in advance. Atul and Sheetal were very helpful in optimizing the time we had so we got all our shopping done and had a relaxing time doing it! This was our last hotel in India and it left a deeply warm and satisfied feeling in our hearts as we took off. Don't miss it!

Stay at Thikana!

by TripAdvisor Member dss_kar

We were 7 women, ages 20s - 60s, and we all had a wonderful experience at Thikana. Lovely family, extremely helpful sightseeing tips, absolutely maximized our time and experiences in Delhi. Our breakfasts were excellent, made to order. Very comfortable accommodations, beautiful art and fresh flowers. Can't say enough!

An oasis in the bustle of Delhi

by TripAdvisor Member Orlandopippa

This is the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed in. No way is it a B and B! We were welcomed with banana cake and tea when we arrived. The hotel is decorated with beautiful antiques and objets d'art. Our room was elegant, the bed comfortable , the home-cooked breakfast delicious and we were made so welcome; it was like coming home. We will always try to stay here in future.
It's like being the guests of friends. Sitting on the sunroof (plants and flowers everywhere high above the streets), offered delicious Indian tea (with cinnamon and choclate tasting), free wireless connections and lots of guests to join us and chat about the day. There's always one of the friendly owners around, relaxing with us and advising on things to see. It's glorious and needs to be re-instated as the number 2 at least HOTEL in Delhi. Don't confuse people by hiding this hotel gem in the bed and breakfast list. It's mean because so many will miss out on the experience of a life time!

An incredible boutique hotel experience

by TripAdvisor Member mb1472a

As a solo traveler on both work and business--Thikana offers the best of Delhi. It is located in the posh Gulmohar Park/Defence Colony area and getting around is incredibly easy. I've stayed in many different hotels around Delhi over the past 6 years but nothing has topped staying at Thikana (Hindi translation: A place where you belong). Atul and Sheetal along with their staff are there 24/7 and ensure that all amenties to guests in this 8 bedroom boutique hotel are well supplied. Service is impeccable. The facility also offers business accommodation that other hotels and guesthouses in which I've stayed (at higher prices) around Delhi do not offer. Their wifi is the fastest I've experienced in the city and they provide free internet and business center access to guests.

Warm, friendly boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Taureg

I've been to Delhi many times over the years and know how hard it is to find a nice, affordable place - which is even harder if you want to avoid central Delhi.

I can't recommend the Thikana highly enough. It is a small boutique hotel, not a B&B, and is just perfect. The owners are friendly and helpful - including urging the guests to socialize over drinks in the evening.

A friend was staying there a week after my stay and I raved about the place to him.

Perfect for a Long Stay

by TripAdvisor Member raymjay81

I stayed at Thikana for 6 weeks as part of a business trip to Delhi. It was hands down the best hotel experience I've ever had. The owners and staff treated me like a close family friend providing advice on where to go, assistance getting there and even arranging take away meals for lunch. Near Haus Khas, Siri Fort Auditorium, South Extension and a number of parks;Thikana is a beautiful, comfortable and welcoming place. Delhi can be a hectic city and Thikana provides a safe space to relax and recuperate. My favorite way of recuperating was heading up to the terrace and sitting on the cozy couch surrounded by flowers.

During my time in India, I went on a weekend trip to Jaipur and returned with an unfortunate bout of "Delhi Belly" a cute term for a horrible stomach problem pretty common in India. The staff at Thikana waited on me hand and foot, kept me hydrated and as cheerful as the situation allowed. They arranged special food and electrolytes without me even having to ask. I'm so grateful I was at Thikana during the experience. I've had many other business trips where I stayed at much more expensive places and have never gotten this level of attention and personal care.

Not only would I recommend Thikana to a friend, I plan to stay there when I travel to Delhi next.

Extremely pleased

by TripAdvisor Member Newyorktraveler61

March 4, 2009
The Thikana was recommended by a friend who had just stayed there a few weeks ahead of me. The hotel is beautifully designed, stylistically modern, superbly maintained, and has wonderful caring owners and staffing. Try their extremely good menu, for snacks, lunch or home style dinners. I would not hesitate to recommend the Thikana to anyone visiting New Delhi and look forward to staying again on my next trip.
Carl D'Aquino

Cannot say enough good things about this place.......

by TripAdvisor Member Sanjy34

This place has great rooms, facilites etc but above all their service is more than first class. The whole team made our stay in Delhi very memorable and they were an encylcopedia of things to do and places to go in Delhi! Would definetly stay here when I visit Delhi again!

Great Hotel (keep it a secret!)

by TripAdvisor Member Markate

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days at the start of our holiday and also our last night. It was a great start to our holiday and fininshed it off perfectly. We were made to feel very welcome. The staff are friendly and helpful. Tea and cake in the afternoon went down very well. The evening meals we had were excellent and we felt like part of the family, eating with the other guests. Rooms were modern, large and clean. Thikana is an excellent hotel and we would definitely recommend it.

Comments