Takengon Hotels

Our Members Say

• Daihappydai profile photo Daihappydai
  • Reviews: 532
Hotel Renggali & Losmen Batang Ruang: Other options in Takengon

I had considered staying in Hotel Renggali for a night because I had read the views across the lake were spectacular. I'm glad I didn't. I walked past the hotel on my way back into Takengon from visiting Loyang Koro and it looked like a ghost town. It is huge in comparison to other hotels in the city, and there are certainly great views to be had, but other than that it is a fair distance from the town centre and it appeared basically deserted. Room prices are now close to 350,000 rupiah.
I did speak to some other travellers who had stayed at Losmen Batang Ruang. It is basically a family home, very friendly with rooms for guests and shared bathrooms. Rooms are 75,000. Losmen Batang Ruang is very centrally located - Jalan Mahkamah 7.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• Daihappydai profile photo Daihappydai
  • Reviews: 532

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Mahara: A good option for a hot shower

Hotel Mahara is in the centre of Takengon, close to the market and easy walking distance to the shores of Danau Tawar. It was the most expensive of all the places I stayed at while in Aceh but I decided that after a 9 hour bus trip from Banda Aceh, I would reward myself with a little comfort - including a hot shower. Room prices in January 2012 were 225,000, 275,000 and 325,000 rupiah. There did not seem to be much difference between the 225,000 and 275,000 rooms.
The rooms of the hotel are set around an internal courtyard which has a large pond full of gold fish. The hotel staff are very friendly - helpful in offering directions, booking an onward bus for me, and helping me negotiate fares with becak drivers.
The rooms are well kept, and beside getting my first hot shower in three weeks, there is a T.V. in all rooms. Breakfast consists largely of Indonesian fare along with toast and coffee. The breakfast room is a highlight being on the top floor and having great views across the lake.
Ask for a room on the second or third floor, those on the ground floor around the courtyard tend to be more affected by reception noise and the movements of other guests.
All in all though, a very pleasant place to stay.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average