Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak, Indonesia

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali

Anantara Bali best hotel

by TripAdvisor Member D3v

We stayed there for our honeymoon for 2 weeks, ocean front view is an absolute must the staff and food was fantastic the staff go out of their way to make you welcome. This type of room gives you alot of privacy and you and you should try to the highest floor the 5th just ask in advance as we did. The layout of the room was very classy as with the hotel. Deffo the best hotel in seminyak a bit pricey but worth it.

To travel local get the bluebird taxis as they wont rip you off and put meter on. We had a driver who took us everywhere for about 250.000 rupiah and gave an extra 50.000 as tip, sounds alot but its only £20 for 8-9 hrs. You have to barter for everything eg.watches,clothes,wallets

Fantastic Anantara Seminyak

by TripAdvisor Member RockyNewZealand

I had a hard time convincing my partner to visit Bali due to her impressions of the area. We contacted our travel agent who has great admiration for Bali and its people and asked her to find us somewhere to stay for 12 days. She suggested a few places and we decided on the Antantara Seminyak due to its location and access to restaurants etc and the beach. Our whole experience there was absolutely amazing and the Anantara room we had was the most luxurious room we have ever had. It had a lovely balcony with an outdoor bath and a large daybed and the interior of the room was spacious and well appointed. The service in all aspects was amazing and the staff here are outstanding, very obliging and go out of their way for you. The breakfasts each day were very fresh and tasty with a full menu (including lattes!) and we also dined in their restaurant in the evening for alot of the time that we were there as the food was very well priced and well presented (saved us taxi fares etc so well worth staying in). The Sunset Bar on the top floor of the Hotel with the large loungers was lovely in the evenings to watch the sunset but we also had just as good a view from our room. Included in our stay were two 90 minute massages and these were completed in peaceful surroundings up in the Spa (rather than the beach type where everyone is trying to sell you something) We have come home feeling very relaxed and with alot of lovely memories of this wonderful resort and the area.

some food for thought before pressing "BOOK NOW"

by TripAdvisor Member paul026

For the anantara group to market this property as a "resort facility" along the lines of it’s "other resorts” is totally disingenuous. Other reviewers have quite generously referred to this property as more a "boutique style" type hotel. I am inclined to call a spade a spade .It is a beachfront Apartment complex. Quite a luxurious apartment complex at that, but nonetheless that is, what it is. A, 5 star hotel, with a matching service, it most certainly is not, and, if the Anantara group thinks so, they need a serious reality check.

If a luxurious, funky and trendy, "sexy type room" and real cool like accommodation is important for you. If a place were you can bath away the stresses of life, preferably with your significant other, in one of 2 sunken bath's provided, is also a must, and If you want to sip cocktails in the evening, and be seen with the apparent movers and shakers on the bali social scene then this could well be the place for you to go.

If on the other hand you are looking for a resort that offers a truly genuine and quality type service. If you want a hotel were attention to detail is important. If you desire to stay at a place were you feel valued and respected as a guest, (not as an item on a hotel computer,) then I strongly suggest you find an alternative.

First let me look at the good points. I had a room to die for, it was beautiful .I had probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The rooms shower and bathroom are fantastic. The Bose surround system and IPod deck is excellent features, and, its sea view suites, with the sounds of the waves, and spectacular views, are heavenly. The quality of the breakfast and the food in general is very good, and although expensive by Balinese standards, I still found food and beverages represented good value for money. If I had just wanted to stay in my room and look at the sea and order room service, then I would not have had any problems...

The Anantara Bali offers absolutely nothing in terms of what any decent resort facility or 5 star hotels should offer. The pool area is cramped, there is no place to sit except in its restaurant or on a bean bag,(comfortable for a child not someone over 50) There is no place to leave your belongings unless you get up at 6 in the morning and leave a towel on one of its "premium" sun beds.(reminders of the jokes about the Germans and sun beds on the Costa del sol in the 70's) However if you do this, the chances are that you will be able to hear the conversation of the person/people sitting next to you, its a cramped and congested area. This facility has no place to shower before entering the pool. It has no place to wash sand from your feet after coming from the beach.(for a beachfront property a bit of an oversight I would think) If you have a swim at the pool and want to use a toilet, you have to walk through the dining room to get to it. If you use the gent’s toilet please be prepared to view the person in the cubicle next to you, a major design flaw. and (probably another oversight) It has 59 suites and 30 sun beds, in an uneven tiny like garden, all on top of each other, so do the sums yourself. In my time here, there was a constant smell of sewage in the lobby area, and the elevator used by guests was also constantly and I mean constantly being used by hotel personnel, obviously there was no dedicated service elevator. In isolation some would say, just minor problems. Combine them together and it becomes and became a major irritant

it was patently obvious that some of the young boys and girls servicing this hotel had been thrown in at the deep end. Some seemed to have little or no training, with poor English language skills. They were at the same time quite courteous and efficent.However, it is grossly unfair of the management of this facility to expect them to deliver anything matching a service for which guests paying close on 500 $US a night are quite entitled to expect. Unlike its sister hotel in the golden triangle, a fantastic RESORT (see separate review if you wish) young trainee waiters/waitresses there, are under the visible supervision of more older and quite obviously highly skilled and trained staff. Therefore, possible embarrassing and awkward interactions (language difficulties etc) are avoided. I will never forget my initial greeting at this hotel, after a 5 hour flight and a 1 hour 30 minute wait for a visa on arrival; I didn’t get a greeting welcoming me. I was first asked for my credit card, even before I handed over my passport.

There were many things that were not right. .I tried to phone for a wake up call,(twice),.and the phone wasn’t answered, resulting in me having to go down to reception and find someone. The place is top heavy with security. There are service personnel running around for their star attraction sunset at 6, or SOS, and then they have no one to answer their phones. They could change currency at very favorable rates to the hotels advantage but, they could not change a 100000 rupiah note into smaller money. Part of the problem with one of their front of house staff was, she was to busy doing something else to be bothered with such a minor request. Poor, very poor customer care, permeated this place, and front of house staff did not seem to have any idea of the type of standards, one would easily takes for granted in a brand name, 5 star hotel. From their website it is very obvious that the anantara seem very proud of their brand.

I am very glad that I went to the anantara in the golden triangle before my visit here. Had I chosen to come to Bali first, I would most certainly have cancelled my trip to that resort. This must surely raise a question for the anantara group. .There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever, between the quality of service levels offered by the anantara in the golden triangle, and this facility. In fact on a three week vacation in this region, I had excellent services provided by the sofitel in hua hin, the anantara in the golden triangle, the Ritz Carlton in Singapore and finally the dusit thani in Bangkok. Which bring me back to my initial point? Call a spade a spade. The anantara Bali, is a beachfront apart hotel, offering very limited resort facilities, and offers a decent 3 star service. The price they charge in relation to the service they provide is extortionate and totally of the wall. If you are looking for a Sheraton/ Ritz/ Carlton/ Hyatt- predictable type quality service, think seriously before you press the book now button for the anantara seminyak. All of these other, aforementioned resorts come in at a much lower cost than it does.
On another far more serious note, with regard to the posting by the lady from Bangkok who suggests you leave the kids at home, please take her advice seriously. I would have serious reservations as to the suitability of the higher suites for small children. The balconies are very large and very beautiful, with a fabulous sunken bath... However, it looked to me, (and I could be wrong) that a small child while playing, could fall through the wooden slates as she suggests. So if you do bring young kids be prepared to be on a watch out 24/7 or to be on the safe side, insist on a suite at ground floor/ or pool access level. With young/small children

Finally, I have being coming to Bali on and off now for close on 30 years. I have stayed a lot of hotels ranging from 3/5 star. There is far better to be had for half the price.

10 out of 10

by TripAdvisor Member tacopat

My wife and I recently returned from a wonderful stay at Anantara, Seminyak in Bali . It was our honeymoon and the entire experience at the resort was nothing but positive. Check in was easy, courteous and relaxing. The staff in the entire resort are very friendly and courteous.

The resort is located on the beach and our room had an amazing view of the beach and ocean. When we entered the room we just about fell over. It was huge. Marble everywhere on the walls and floor, a true suite with a living room, enormous bathroom and a giant comfy bed with a view of the ocean even from the toilet! There is a Jacuzzi outside on the balcony so you can lounge in your tub and watch the sunset.

The resort had its own yoga master in house which was really great for us as we have always wanted to try yoga. We took two yoga classes right on the beach with him and loved it. A great way to start the day. The breakfast is really nice, with a huge selection of fresh things, fruit, breads and cold cuts. They make lattés and cappuccinos for you and have fresh squeezed juice. They also bring you hot food like omelets and waffles.

At night they have a Thai restaurant and the food was really superb and not badly priced for the quality. We did eat out two nights near the hotel but the food was not very good compared to the resort.

There is an amazing sun set bar on the rooftop with giant lounge style seats to watch the sunset. We went up there almost every night to watch the sunset and visit with other guests.

The resort also has its own spa where we each had a couples massage together. The room was very relaxing and the therapists were excellent. It was our first Balinese massage and I would highly recommend trying one.

I give this resort a 10 out of 10 and we will be back again next year for sure!

Absolutely perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member MunichSoxGirl

After trying to book last minute at a few hotels in Seminyak, we chose Anantara due to lack of availability at most of our other top choices. We were surprised when we were contacted on Friday several hours before departure and were told that the hotel was overbooked and we were being upgraded to the penthouse suite. We were even more surprised at how fantastic the suite was and loved every minute of our stay. The hotel is small and has a boutique feel with a great rooftop deck and bar, spa, well-equipped gym and stylish swimming pools. Clientele were mostly couples although a few families with older children.

The staff were friendly and helpful with all our requests; it never felt like anything was a burden. The beach was lovely although I agree with the other reviewers that it would be great if they could expand the area and number of chairs since it was hit or miss if anything was available. The location was convenient to Seminyak and about 20 minutes from the airport so easy to get in and out.

On Sunday we had to check out at 2 PM and our flight wasn't scheduled until midnight. We requested a last minute massage treatement and when they were fully booked already they found us a great spa in town for massage and dinner. Afterwards, they arranged for us to have a room to shower and change in the evening before the flight so I can add that the standard rooms are also gorgeous. The rooms are spacious, elegant and all have a nice outdoor balcony with bench and hot tub to relax away.

The hotel is on the pricey side but I cannot complain when considering location, quality of rooms and service.

Outstanding Anantara Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Kiwi3604

We stayed at the Anantara Resort for two nights in a great beach front sutie clearly designed by a romantic with great taste. Inside, the room was divided into a dressing room, bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom had a fantastic shower for two, great bath and all that you would expect from a top end hotel. The bed was huge and very comfortable. Small but important features included a Bose sound system including an Ipod connection. The balcony had a large spa and day bed, again tastefully designed and private. What makes the Anantara more unique is the fact that management have blended great accommodation with fantastic service. Genuinely warm and professional staff went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. The infinity pool was perfect; breakfast poolside was an absolute pleasure. The safe focus on quality running through the resort was exhibited in the food – the omelette for example had the addition of vintage 1998 cheddar was one of the many options. The beach was peaceful by Bali standards. All in all a great two nights

Sleek

by TripAdvisor Member Andy196

We recieved an upgrade to this hotel right on Seminyak beach. Hotel is sleek & modern with a nice indoor outdoor feel to the roms and public spaces. Service from staff excellent as expected from the Balinese. Rooms are thoughtfully fitted out with everything anyone could want for a relaxing holiday. The espressso coffee maker was a nice touch. Great entertainment system too.
Sunset on six [S.O.S] the rooftop bar is for the exclusive use of the in house guests, a shame because despite the great views, outdoor lounges and smart interior the place was generally empty. Apart from one or two guests enjoying happy hour it lacked the amount of people to create a great atmosphere.
Many cocktails on the list in this bar and the poolside bar included white rum. For the entire time we were there we could not order these cocktails as they had no rum. I asked if the F&B manager could be informed of this as we would happily buy them if they could get some in for us. Not sure where the rum was coming from but it never did arrive. We were interested to learn from the staff at SOS that the restaurant is not open on this floor as the local government is having an issue with Anantara based on building height restrictions. The restaurant area reflected this and looked half completed. Overall Anantara has a great location, excellent staff, wonderfull breakfasts, spa and pools. Uber chic with a distinct Bali feel.

Stay at The Samaya instead

by TripAdvisor Member MelbourneScott23

We have been going to Bali for many years now and have stayed at a number of the five star hotels. Do not stay at the Anantara if this is what you are expecting. Mould in the bathroom, broken coffee table, swimming in a restaurant, waiters who struggle to understand even the most basic requests.
If you are willing to pay US $400++ per night I suggest the best play to stay is The Samaya located in Seminyak. The surrounds of the pool area are as big as the whole area of the Anantara and you do not feel as though you are cramped in. The private villa rooms are magnificent ensuring absolute privacy when you want it. The staff are well trained and have no problem in dealing with all requests. When we decided to leave The Anantara I rang the General Manager at The Samaya, Mr Ray Clark and he did everything to organise a room for us even though they were incredibly busy. He is a great bloke.
The Samaya is by far the best Five star hotel to stay at in Seminyak.

Fantastic 5 star Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Canigs

What an experience! From the moment you check in and recieve your complimentary iced drink and cold towel in the very cool lobby lounge until the moment you check out, you feel like a VIP.

The Anantara Resort knows how to treat its guests. The Resort itself is amazing, a new property having just opened in April 2008, it exudes quality and top shelf service.

When we were shown to our room, we were gob smacked, the Ananatara rooms would have to be the best rooms we have ever stayed in.

A huge 98sqm, separate dressing room, huge luxury bathroom, a toilet with a view of the beach!! big living area, flatscreen TV and a balcony to die for, with a Jacuzzi overlooking the beach and Balinese sunset.......you even get your own Ipod with a docking station in the room and Bose sound system.

On top of all this the staff were amazing, they couldnt do enough for you and the small touches make all the difference ie remembering what you orederd at breakfast the previous day, remembering your name and making you feel like your requests were their pleasure to deliver, are all hallmarks of a true 5 star experience.

To top off each day, go up to the SOS rooftop bar, sit yourself down in a day bed with a cocktail and watch the incredible Balinese sunset with the sound of relaxing music in the background.

If you want to really spoil yourself in Bali then definitely stay at the Anantara and experience a whole new level of style!

Honeymoon luxury

by TripAdvisor Member Peej20

We chose this hotel as it was new, right by the sea and a recognisable brand.
The hotel was lovely. It is a boutique hotel rather than a resort but this is what was lovely about it.
The rooms are great - the best I've ever stayed in. Huge bathroom, ridiculously big bed and a great view from the balcony. We never got bored of the view and the sound of the waves.
The breakfasts were top-notch. They could not be faulted. The room service was also good as was the hotel restaurant.
The bar by the pool was great. We never struggled for a sunbed or pool side bean bag and really enjoyed having cocktails by and in the pool. We went to the rooftop bar one night. It was very good - nice cocktails and an amazing view of the sunset.
The area around the hotel is ok, a few cheap eat type places nearby and a few good restaurants and just down the road we found the best spanish restaurant outside spain. A visit to La Sal is a must!
All in all we had a great stay.
The one issue was that the staff could have been slightly more attentive round by the pool. Sometimes it was difficult to get their attention, especially during set-up for the restaurant or an evening event there.

me and the beachme and the beach

shuttle bus faresshuttle bus fares

Cindy and the always smiling FendyCindy and the always smiling Fendy

my friend Cindy with staff Gede and Mellymy friend Cindy with staff Gede and Melly

single traveller in bali for new years

by tracyns

Hi all i am travelling to Bali soon and will be there for new years eve. I have been a few times before but this time i will be on my own. Has anyone any suggestions for a good idea for new years eve - keep in mind i am a 40yo female! i will probably be on the east coast or Ubud as i am not keen on kuta legian area.
Thanks heaps Tracy

by xymmot

If you been there before, you can find the many dance clubs for social fun. I think most people will be out early on the island and the tourist celebrates. cheers Tommy x

by putri_jogja

if you are not keen on Kuta or Legian area, but prefer the tranquility, you can go to Amed beach.
It is located at east area.
happy traveling

by Ubudian

Ubud is not exactly a party town, but then again, we aren’t all dead yet either. ;<)

There are plenty of things going on New Years Eve and day in Ubud, this being just one:

As soon as you arrive, get a copy of The Bali Advertiser. You find it for free in many restaurants and shops. Much of what is going on can be found there. It’s a tabloid size newspaper.

Also, just Google, New Years Eve Bali as there is a lot of information to be found on the net as well.

If you are on the east coast New Years Eve, (Amed area) consider a night (New Years Eve) dive with John Huxley at Eco Dive:

While not a typical manner to spend New Years Eve, it sure is something different and unique.

Happy New Year and enjoy your stay on Bali.

Comments