Bali Hotels

Our Members Say

• fareastley profile photo fareastley

Grand Nikko Bali: Bali hotel

I am not a stranger to the Grand Nikko Bali, formerly known as the Nikko Bali. Having stayed there about 15 times over the years, I have never been disenchanted with any of my experiences by staying at the Nikko. Located in the Nusa Dua area of the island, it is beautifully located against a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean. You simply arrive in the lobby on the 15th floor and take an elevator down to wherever you want to go. Great staff throughout the property...friendly and very efficient. I usually take a group of friends with me on each visit to Bali, and ALL insist on returning to the Nikko on repeated trips. We usually stay in three hotels on each 13-day stay and we save the best for last...the Nikko.
The fabulous buffet breakfasts come with the stay, and they are second to none. While there are a number of restaurants in the hotel, and quite good, it is more of an adventure to getting out and about to experience a variety of eateries in many different areas. The exchange rate between our dollar to the Indonesian rupeah is usually very good for us. Shopping and prices in general make for a bargain paradise. Needless to say, I continue to look forward to returning
to what is known as the "island of the gods".

If you are fortunate to have an ocean view room, especially from the 6th floor up, sitting on the balcony at days end with snacks and refreshments makes it all worthwhile.
The swimming pool meanders many different directions and has a pretty exciting water slide. The poolside bar and restaurant really comes in handy, even as a lunch and dinner spot.

• Related to: Water Sports, Spa and Resort, Photography
  • Written November 14, 2013

• northernbaldy profile photo northernbaldy
  • Reviews: 55

Villa Zuma: Awesome Villa

Two families with very young children stayed at Villa Zuma (four double bedrooms) and we loved it.

We have travelled to Bali between 20 and 30 times in the last seven years, and Villa Zuma is now one of our favourites.

The villa is in peaceful Umalas, which means that we were only minutes away from the great dining and shopping in Seminyak.

The villa itself is spacious and very comfortable. We loved the lawn area and pool which allowed our young children to run around.

Eight staff were looking after us. The most amazing thing was the food. This is by far the best food we have ever had in a villa and is of great quality restaurant standard. Whether it was BBQ lobster to fish fingers and mash for the children. All the food is organic and this makes a big difference.

Being a short drive from Seminyak, Canggu, Kuta etc it is an excellent location for surfing, several watermarks, shopping and dining

The villa staff and the owner, Tony, were able to take care of our every need and in some cases above and beyond - whether it was taking care of grocery shopping, to arranging in villa spa treatment, a yoga instructor to engaging the scooter rental people to advise them which bar we had had to leave the scooters at due to a cocktail too many,

Nick, the property management agent, and his team were also awesome. Extremely responsive. They took care of our long list of requirements ahead of arrival and with some of our requests they seriously went above and beyond.

All of the photos on Flipkey and Airbnb are accurate and current reflections of the villa

We will most certainly be back.

• Related to: Surfing, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written October 19, 2013
Tip Photo

view of the villa from the pool

• jadesubamia profile photo jadesubamia

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

http://clubresidencecanggu.com: best villa in bali

Just spent 4 nights in this beautiful villa with my boyfriend. The villa is very clean and well kept with a modern style . The staff was so friendly and very helpful with anything we needed. It was so nice waking up every day with a gorgeous view of the rice paddies outside our window! The location is great and only a 3 minute bicycle ride to the beach where you can sit at a café at watch a beautiful sunset. It’s also walking distance to some great choices of restaurants so we never had a problem finding food. Another thing I really loved was the fact that there was on call spa treatments, you can’t get more luxury then that!. We had a lovely relaxing time and I definitely recommend staying here!

We booked easily through www.tamoravillamanagement.com with no problems.

comfort of you private villa.
Trips and tours to the best sights in Bali can be arranged and you make huge savings when you stay at Club Residence Canggu.
Surfing lessons (Get 20% Rip Curl School Of Surf)
Buggy Racing (save $20/person)
Speed Boat Island hopping (save $14/person)
Horse riding at sunset on the beautiful Brawa Beach.
10 minutes drive North is the famous Tanalot temple, a spectacular land mark built just off shore. Just near the temple is the great Niwana Golf Course, with magnificent greens with ocean views.
10 minutes South is Bali's most fashionable shopping and dining district Seminyak. Also know for trendy bars and night life.

Terms & Conditions:
Payment must be paid 80% on booking and the final 20% 1 week before check in. Cancellations or changes to bookings for this room must be made at least 14 days prior to the check in date and time or you will be charged the full amount of the booking.

Security Bond:
A $100 security bond is due at check in. This amount is refundable after checkout provided there is no damage to the property. An excessive cleaning fee may be deducted from your security bond if deemed appropriate

Longitude and latitude
-8.661776,115.146410

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 30, 2013

club residence canggu

• johnaalex profile photo johnaalex
  • Reviews: 146

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stones Hotel, Legian, Kuta

I have just completed an 11 night stay at this hotel.
Bad points
By the far the worst thing that happened was on my first night when, after the illuminated shaving mirror had been repaired, I got a nasty electric shock from it which caused all the power to the room to be shut down! This was not the first problem I endure. On check in I was assured that, as a Lifetime Platinum Level member of Marriott Rewards I had been upgraded. This was not true. During my stay I heard other people saying “we were told at check in we had been upgraded, but we had not”. Ironically it was when they did upgrade me it was to the room where I was nearly electrocuted. I finally got to sleep in the third room they offered me. The following day I was moved to another upgrade room overlooking the pool.
The swimming pool area is nice but be cautious if your eyesight is not too good as the steps into the pool are a bit tricky to see, some white lines to denote the edge of the steps would be nice.
The sun loungers look good, but are quite uncomfortable after a while.
The location of the hotel is another point to be wary off as the traffic to and from it can be a bit of a nightmare.
I really do not think they value us Elites as well as they should. Had it not been for my problems I would have had no better service at this property than a non-member,
Good points
The breakfast buffet is good and varied. Indeed all the food I had in the hotel was good.
In the larger rooms/suites the double shower is nice.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
Summary
After the horrendous first night I spoke with the GM (Peter Brampton) after that I was treated quite well, In addition to a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label I was refunded for 2 nights. It is unlikely I will go back to Bali and if I did I am not sure if The Stones would be my first choice, mainly because of the uncomfortable sun loungers. There was also some minor disruption around the pool area for the last two days of my stay due to some urgent building works. Had there been advance notice of this I would have scheduled my sightseeing trips accordingly. After another complaint I was granted the use of a cabana for the day and a free lunch.
The final problems I encountered was after my stay I noticed that I had not been credited the full amount of Marriott Reward Points, about 24,000 less than I was entitled to. The hotel sorted this quickly enough, but I know of at least two other guests who had similar problems.

Nice pool area and some ground floor rooms have their own plunge pools instead of a patio area. Rooms on higher floors have tubs on the balconies.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Beaches
  • Written September 12, 2013

View of pool from Rooms 473

• Bob_Shan profile photo Bob_Shan
  • Reviews: 503

Bali Island Villas & SPA: Bali Island Villas & SPA

A RCI golden crown resort, spacious 1 bed room large unit with private swimming pool and spa terrace.

Private swimming pool and SPA terrace

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 3, 2013

KUTA Beach Club: A Balinese Garden Hotel

I booked a night to stay in a club hotel during my 5D4N trip to Bali in 2011.
There are bungalow type accomodation, semi-detached room and terrace buildings in this hotel's compound. The hotel has a feild and two pools. Many Australian guests stay in this hotel. I saw them enjoyed themselves very much in their gathering, they are different groups of them : having dinner in a small huts in-front of their room, having beer and singing together in the pub next to the restaurant and swimming in the pools with a lot of laughing.
We were sat close to them, we enjoyed their happiness.

Kuta Beach Club is located across from Kuta Square. A 10-minute walk to Kuta Beach, the hotel offers a restaurant, swimming pool and rooms with views of the tropical garden. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi in the lobby and free parking.

The air-conditioned rooms at Beach Club Kuta feature modern décor and private balconies. Amenities include a flat-screen TV and minibar.

Guests can indulge in relaxing Balinese massage treatments or enjoy a game of table tennis. The hotel also has a gift shop and on-site tour desk.

Tommy Tavern serves a fine selection of local and international specialities. Light snacks and refreshing cocktails are available at Agung Poolside Bar and Raka Sunken Pool Bar.

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 26, 2013

another big bed

Melasti Kuta Beach Bungalows & Spa: Melasti in Kuta

There are many hotels by the name of Melasti in different location, I presume they are from the same business owner in Bali.
I like this hotel, it is in a compact area with the pools and all its facilities are well planned in to a fencing compound, just next to the main road.
I tooked many phootos of Balinese achitecture. We were given room No. 112 with Balinese craft outside and in the room. It was a great experience to be the owner there for 1 day and 1 night.
As it was not many guests, my wife enjoy her swimming even the pool is not big.
The hotel has its shuttle bus to ferry the guests if pre-arrange.

Its unique Balinese architecture in the Balinese Garden, match with the newly built building where modern architecture is applied.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Family Travel

we were in this room, No. 112

The Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel: Big and old hotel since 1960's in Sanur

The 2nd night of our visit to Bali in 2011, we chose to stay in Sanur, while looking for a hotel, we decided to pick a big and oldest hotel which has its private beach. The hotel is very big with its big compound cover the beach.
We were in the garden wing building but the sea wind has brought the wet and uncomfortable salty feeling into the room, especially the floor which is furnished with tiles.
The room is rather big with big bed, big living room and big balcany too.
The Garden Wing has a walking distance to the main lobby but fortunately, there are some Bali paintings on display along the walkway so it was not bored.
The hotels has three swimming pools but the pools were noisy as many guests were using the pools until midnight.

Located on the site of Bali's first five-star Hotel Bali Beach, founded in 1966 - is the most complete resort complex in Bali, featuring state-of-the-art visitor facilities, but also numerious artistic amenities that bring to life the cultural excellence of the Balinese people and their many talented neighbors.

Sanur, Bali's original seaside, has long been known for its world class facilities and atmosphere of comfort and privacy. This oasis of luxury offers a wide range of dining and leisure opportunities.

• Related to: Family Travel, Photography
Tip Photo

has its own private beach

The Flora Kuta Bali Hotel: In a lane off Jl Bakung Sari

Situated within a 15-minute walk of Kuta Beach, The Flora features rooms with a private balcony, built around the outdoor pool. It offers free internet access and 24-hour room service.
We are in this hotel August 2011. Our driver located the hotel rather easy so it must be well known, even it is hidden in a small lane off the Jl Bakung Sari.
We stayed in room 104 ( pic 2 is the key ), the room size is just nice for two persons.
Behind the colourful sliding door ( pic 1 ) is the bar which would start its business in evening till midnight.
Opposite the hotel in the lane are an internet cafe and a family run dobby.
The staff of the hotel are all friendly.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
Tip Photo

The bar starts its business in the evening

• deblee59 profile photo deblee59
  • Reviews: 8

Bali Emerald Villas: Private villas, near the beach

We stayed in the two bedroom' Emerald Queen Villa', Jalan, Karang Sari no 5.
Close to the beach and some great restaurants and warungs.
The villas are very well located in the southern end of Sanur

The villa was very clean and spacious, two large bedrooms, the main with a nice king bed and french doors out to the pool.
A huge kitchen and 'family room' with bi fold doors to open up for the pool , just a step away !
A small garden and nice size pool, we had 'a maid' that came in every day to cook or do laundry ( don't forget to give her a tip) the gardener and pool man also call in but will always ring the the door bell before they enter the grounds.
You are about a 2 minute walk to the beach, good restaurants and massage (eg Bliss, highly recommend)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors
  • Written October 2, 2012

• deblee59 profile photo deblee59
  • Reviews: 8

Bali Emerald Villas: Private villas, near the beach

We stayed in the two bedroom' Emerald Queen Villa', Jalan, Karang Sari no 5.
Close to the beach and some great restaurants and warungs.
The villas are very well located in the southern end of Sanur

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 2, 2012

• HopeJ profile photo HopeJ

Conrad Bali: A Beautiful Resort Hotel in Bali

My first time in Bali was made so memorable because of this hotel. The room were spacious, and the hotel itself was sooooo huge with beautifully manicured garden. The pool area is huge with different sizes. The check in was fast despite us being a big group. The lobby is very spacious with ample seating. They provided refreshments for those waiting to be checked-in. The staff are courteous and helful.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written June 2, 2012

our room

• revivals profile photo revivals
  • Reviews: 2

Taman65

Try to ask for the balinese compund family house is cheap,safe,friendly and lot of moment you will get there like,balinese wedding party and all ceremonies you can see and free. You can pay for $12 even the tourist peak season

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 24, 2012

• sybille profile photo sybille
  • Reviews: 16

Laghawa Beach Inn: Good Value Hotel in Sanur

The Laghawa Beach Inn is not a luxury hotel, but for a hotel in Sanur it's good value for money. They offer free wifi - the reception can be a little up and down, but somewhere you'll usually get a signal, either in the restaurant or the lobby, and maybe in your room as well. Full breakfast and tax are included in the price, but ask to see the breakfast menu if you want a cooked breakfast, the staff did not offer it. Self service is just fruit, toast, butter, jam, tea & coffee.

The advertised rate is Rp500.00 per night/room, but I got it for Rp450.000 per night.

On Wednesday and Friday the Laghawa Beach Inn offers Balinese dance performances, and although I live in Bali, I was very impressed with the performances, especially on Friday - no extra charge on either day

Also, the food at the restaurant is actually quite good and reasonably priced, and I ended up having dinner there each of the three nights I stayed at the hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 4, 2012

• sybille profile photo sybille
  • Reviews: 16

Keke Homestay: Best Value in Sanur

I have stayed at Keke Homestay in Sanur quite a few times. It's centrally located in Sanur, very clean, and the owners are very friendly.

It's great value for money and I can recommend Keke Homestay.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 4, 2012
Tip Photo

Keke Homestay sign on the main street

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful