Bali Hotels

Our Members Say

• jacque_wanderlust profile photo jacque_wanderlust
  • Reviews: 4

Villa Anugrah: Your Piece of Heaven on Earth

Bali is a top destination in Southeast Asia that can easily make the others green with envy. If you have a serious case of wanderlust, this is definitely one place that should be on your list.

For those who are looking for luxury accommodation in Bali, there is one place that will complete your vacation. VILLA ANUGRAH.

The experience

I’ve learned that Anugrah means blessing in Balinese. Indeed, the place is truly a blessing in this part of the planet. I love how it’s only a few minutes away from Uluwatu beach. The bright sun, fresh air and wonderful people make everything worth it.

When it comes to Bali luxury villas, Villa Anugrah is one for the books. It’s your own piece of heaven on this earth. So if you’ve been plotting that much-awaited vacation of yours, visit the place and see for your place.

The villa

You’ll immediately feel the villa’s laid-back vibe the moment you see its façade. Its all-white structure is the embodiment of tranquility – something many of us long for (and deserve) in this fast-paced life.

Going inside, the villa has huge lawns where you can go around and spend some time under the golden sun. The west-facing pool not only gives you a relaxing time in the water but also a spectacular view. Being in a cliff-top gives you a marvelous view of the skyline. The sunsets! Just gorgeous.

With such wonderful location and views, Villa Anugrah is obviously the right place to go for those who seek peace and quiet. If you want privacy and solitude, you should seriously consider staying here. It also makes a great venue for events and large parties as it can accommodate over 200 people. Planning a stylish wedding? This villa is it!

The staff

A big bonus of this beautiful place is the impeccable service. Sometimes, it’s not just about the place. The villa has a butler who’ll ensure you have a comfortable stay. There are 2 chefs on standby who can whip up scrumptious dishes as you wish. Lunch and dinner menus are available but they also accept special requests which is convenient for those who have dietary requirements or those who simply want to eat something more specific. Their friendly staff make sure all your needs are attended to.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 27, 2015
Tip Photo

Direct View from the room of the villa

• MyanaT profile photo MyanaT

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Seminyak: Money Exchange WARNING

I will write another review about my experience because there is much more to see and do, but i would like to warn every traveler to be cautious because if you do not pay attention, you will be robbed right before your eyes. My husband and I went to exchange money at a pretty decent money exchange spot. First warning signs, there should be security and cameras somewhere. If not, turn around and leave. Second, count up your money in plain sight and write it down before letting them put their hands on it. I was exchanging a comparably small amount of money ($350) and the guy started counting it, and wrote out $300 dollars. We realized he had slipped $50 into his pocket. We repeatedly told him there was a $50 bill missing and he even stepped back and told us to check everything and handed us his wallet, but he wouldn't turn out his pockets. He wasn't sly about it (stealing such a large amount from the pool of money he was working with). Unfortunately you can't get physical and you can't report it to the police unless you bribe them to do something about it. If I lost more I would have immediately tracked down the police (which is probably why they keep getting away with it, it's not worth the trouble for many people).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 19, 2015

• tanamay profile photo tanamay
  • Reviews: 212

The Airport Kuta Hotel: Hotel near Airport

Good for our overnight stay with an early morning connecting flight.
Hot water.
Bathtub.
Big room (ours is).
Weak wi-fi at the lobby where it is available.
Surrounded by residential houses.
Not a good window view, you can see rooftops of neighbors.

Cheap and very near the Ngurah Rai International Airport, it takes three minutes for our taxi to travel from the airport to the hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 4, 2015
Tip Photo

Sunrise from our front window (Jl. Merpati)

• nomad profile photo nomad
  • Reviews: 14

Seminyak Icon: Cosy and romantic hotel in Seminyak

We stumbled there after escaping Sanur, overran by passing airplanes taking off from the airport. The hotel is located in a quiet street in Seminyak.
The breakfast is included and served at your room or in the restaurant.
Room, private pool and grounds are spotless.

quiet street; near major shopping street.
The beach is a 15 minutes walk.
They provide a lift to the beach in the morning.

• Related to: Beaches, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 19, 2015

Room at night

• lebonginsomnia profile photo lebonginsomnia
  • Reviews: 26

New Kuta Hotel - A Lexington Legacy Hotel: Comfortable Hotel

The hotel was a pleasant surprise, the room have a balcony face to Dream Beach and in house prices fir dinning were very reasonable. The Landmark Suites was very adequate. The pool area was beautiful and the buffet breakfast was excellent. The free shuttle to kuta is good, so it's perfect for family trip or couple trip.

pool, great view from room

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written October 2, 2014

Balcony view face to Dream Beach

• lebonginsomnia profile photo lebonginsomnia
  • Reviews: 26

Villa Nagasutra: BEST VILLA in BALI

i loved to stay in this Luxury villa, the have 7 Luxury room with private pool & pool for kids,private jacuzzi,private gym,sun bathing balcony, have private access to Pandawa Beach from the villa, wonderful view from the backyard. You have all your own villa, plus they have chef who make us for break fast.
Very recommended for families trip, groups to have an private party, even for wedding ceremony.

facilities, jacuzzi, wonderful view

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel, Hang Gliding
  • Written October 2, 2014

Pool View

• fareastley profile photo fareastley

Grand Nikko Bali: Bali hotel

I am not a stranger to the Grand Nikko Bali, formerly known as the Nikko Bali. Having stayed there about 15 times over the years, I have never been disenchanted with any of my experiences by staying at the Nikko. Located in the Nusa Dua area of the island, it is beautifully located against a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean. You simply arrive in the lobby on the 15th floor and take an elevator down to wherever you want to go. Great staff throughout the property...friendly and very efficient. I usually take a group of friends with me on each visit to Bali, and ALL insist on returning to the Nikko on repeated trips. We usually stay in three hotels on each 13-day stay and we save the best for last...the Nikko.
The fabulous buffet breakfasts come with the stay, and they are second to none. While there are a number of restaurants in the hotel, and quite good, it is more of an adventure to getting out and about to experience a variety of eateries in many different areas. The exchange rate between our dollar to the Indonesian rupeah is usually very good for us. Shopping and prices in general make for a bargain paradise. Needless to say, I continue to look forward to returning
to what is known as the "island of the gods".

If you are fortunate to have an ocean view room, especially from the 6th floor up, sitting on the balcony at days end with snacks and refreshments makes it all worthwhile.
The swimming pool meanders many different directions and has a pretty exciting water slide. The poolside bar and restaurant really comes in handy, even as a lunch and dinner spot.

• Related to: Water Sports, Spa and Resort, Photography
  • Written November 14, 2013

• northernbaldy profile photo northernbaldy
  • Reviews: 55

Villa Zuma: Awesome Villa

Two families with very young children stayed at Villa Zuma (four double bedrooms) and we loved it.

We have travelled to Bali between 20 and 30 times in the last seven years, and Villa Zuma is now one of our favourites.

The villa is in peaceful Umalas, which means that we were only minutes away from the great dining and shopping in Seminyak.

The villa itself is spacious and very comfortable. We loved the lawn area and pool which allowed our young children to run around.

Eight staff were looking after us. The most amazing thing was the food. This is by far the best food we have ever had in a villa and is of great quality restaurant standard. Whether it was BBQ lobster to fish fingers and mash for the children. All the food is organic and this makes a big difference.

Being a short drive from Seminyak, Canggu, Kuta etc it is an excellent location for surfing, several watermarks, shopping and dining

The villa staff and the owner, Tony, were able to take care of our every need and in some cases above and beyond - whether it was taking care of grocery shopping, to arranging in villa spa treatment, a yoga instructor to engaging the scooter rental people to advise them which bar we had had to leave the scooters at due to a cocktail too many,

Nick, the property management agent, and his team were also awesome. Extremely responsive. They took care of our long list of requirements ahead of arrival and with some of our requests they seriously went above and beyond.

All of the photos on Flipkey and Airbnb are accurate and current reflections of the villa

We will most certainly be back.

• Related to: Surfing, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written October 19, 2013
Tip Photo

view of the villa from the pool

• johnaalex profile photo johnaalex
  • Reviews: 150

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stones Hotel, Legian, Kuta

I have just completed an 11 night stay at this hotel.
Bad points
By the far the worst thing that happened was on my first night when, after the illuminated shaving mirror had been repaired, I got a nasty electric shock from it which caused all the power to the room to be shut down! This was not the first problem I endure. On check in I was assured that, as a Lifetime Platinum Level member of Marriott Rewards I had been upgraded. This was not true. During my stay I heard other people saying “we were told at check in we had been upgraded, but we had not”. Ironically it was when they did upgrade me it was to the room where I was nearly electrocuted. I finally got to sleep in the third room they offered me. The following day I was moved to another upgrade room overlooking the pool.
The swimming pool area is nice but be cautious if your eyesight is not too good as the steps into the pool are a bit tricky to see, some white lines to denote the edge of the steps would be nice.
The sun loungers look good, but are quite uncomfortable after a while.
The location of the hotel is another point to be wary off as the traffic to and from it can be a bit of a nightmare.
I really do not think they value us Elites as well as they should. Had it not been for my problems I would have had no better service at this property than a non-member,
Good points
The breakfast buffet is good and varied. Indeed all the food I had in the hotel was good.
In the larger rooms/suites the double shower is nice.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
Summary
After the horrendous first night I spoke with the GM (Peter Brampton) after that I was treated quite well, In addition to a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label I was refunded for 2 nights. It is unlikely I will go back to Bali and if I did I am not sure if The Stones would be my first choice, mainly because of the uncomfortable sun loungers. There was also some minor disruption around the pool area for the last two days of my stay due to some urgent building works. Had there been advance notice of this I would have scheduled my sightseeing trips accordingly. After another complaint I was granted the use of a cabana for the day and a free lunch.
The final problems I encountered was after my stay I noticed that I had not been credited the full amount of Marriott Reward Points, about 24,000 less than I was entitled to. The hotel sorted this quickly enough, but I know of at least two other guests who had similar problems.

Nice pool area and some ground floor rooms have their own plunge pools instead of a patio area. Rooms on higher floors have tubs on the balconies.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Beaches
  • Written September 12, 2013

View of pool from Rooms 473

Melasti Kuta Beach Bungalows & Spa: Melasti in Kuta

There are many hotels by the name of Melasti in different location, I presume they are from the same business owner in Bali.
I like this hotel, it is in a compact area with the pools and all its facilities are well planned in to a fencing compound, just next to the main road.
I tooked many phootos of Balinese achitecture. We were given room No. 112 with Balinese craft outside and in the room. It was a great experience to be the owner there for 1 day and 1 night.
As it was not many guests, my wife enjoy her swimming even the pool is not big.
The hotel has its shuttle bus to ferry the guests if pre-arrange.

Its unique Balinese architecture in the Balinese Garden, match with the newly built building where modern architecture is applied.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Family Travel

we were in this room, No. 112

The Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel: Big and old hotel since 1960's in Sanur

The 2nd night of our visit to Bali in 2011, we chose to stay in Sanur, while looking for a hotel, we decided to pick a big and oldest hotel which has its private beach. The hotel is very big with its big compound cover the beach.
We were in the garden wing building but the sea wind has brought the wet and uncomfortable salty feeling into the room, especially the floor which is furnished with tiles.
The room is rather big with big bed, big living room and big balcany too.
The Garden Wing has a walking distance to the main lobby but fortunately, there are some Bali paintings on display along the walkway so it was not bored.
The hotels has three swimming pools but the pools were noisy as many guests were using the pools until midnight.

Located on the site of Bali's first five-star Hotel Bali Beach, founded in 1966 - is the most complete resort complex in Bali, featuring state-of-the-art visitor facilities, but also numerious artistic amenities that bring to life the cultural excellence of the Balinese people and their many talented neighbors.

Sanur, Bali's original seaside, has long been known for its world class facilities and atmosphere of comfort and privacy. This oasis of luxury offers a wide range of dining and leisure opportunities.

• Related to: Family Travel, Photography
Tip Photo

has its own private beach

The Flora Kuta Bali Hotel: In a lane off Jl Bakung Sari

Situated within a 15-minute walk of Kuta Beach, The Flora features rooms with a private balcony, built around the outdoor pool. It offers free internet access and 24-hour room service.
We are in this hotel August 2011. Our driver located the hotel rather easy so it must be well known, even it is hidden in a small lane off the Jl Bakung Sari.
We stayed in room 104 ( pic 2 is the key ), the room size is just nice for two persons.
Behind the colourful sliding door ( pic 1 ) is the bar which would start its business in evening till midnight.
Opposite the hotel in the lane are an internet cafe and a family run dobby.
The staff of the hotel are all friendly.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
Tip Photo

The bar starts its business in the evening

• deblee59 profile photo deblee59
  • Reviews: 8

Bali Emerald Villas: Private villas, near the beach

We stayed in the two bedroom' Emerald Queen Villa', Jalan, Karang Sari no 5.
Close to the beach and some great restaurants and warungs.
The villas are very well located in the southern end of Sanur

The villa was very clean and spacious, two large bedrooms, the main with a nice king bed and french doors out to the pool.
A huge kitchen and 'family room' with bi fold doors to open up for the pool , just a step away !
A small garden and nice size pool, we had 'a maid' that came in every day to cook or do laundry ( don't forget to give her a tip) the gardener and pool man also call in but will always ring the the door bell before they enter the grounds.
You are about a 2 minute walk to the beach, good restaurants and massage (eg Bliss, highly recommend)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 2, 2012

• deblee59 profile photo deblee59
  • Reviews: 8

Bali Emerald Villas: Private villas, near the beach

We stayed in the two bedroom' Emerald Queen Villa', Jalan, Karang Sari no 5.
Close to the beach and some great restaurants and warungs.
The villas are very well located in the southern end of Sanur

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 2, 2012

• HopeJ profile photo HopeJ

Conrad Bali: A Beautiful Resort Hotel in Bali

My first time in Bali was made so memorable because of this hotel. The room were spacious, and the hotel itself was sooooo huge with beautifully manicured garden. The pool area is huge with different sizes. The check in was fast despite us being a big group. The lobby is very spacious with ample seating. They provided refreshments for those waiting to be checked-in. The staff are courteous and helful.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Family Travel