Ellie's

At Bali Sari, Jl.Taman Lawangan, Mumbul, Ngurah Rai Bypass, Nusa Dua, 80363, Indonesia
Booking.com Agoda.com eDreams

More about Ellie's

Very Nice, very happy, will return...

by TripAdvisor Member Mikoyagi

Very happy with Ellies, all the reviews were spot on.

Good location - central to Kuta, Nusa Dua and Ulawatu. Great view from the balcony and our son loved the pool. We loved to decor, size (we don't care for large hotels or club med), friendly service, style and ambiance.

Thanks Sam and we look forward to returning.

a hidden gem!

by TripAdvisor Member stillrecovering

Absolutely loved every minute of my stay at Ellie's - can't wait to go back... great pool, great rooms, great breakfast, great view from the roof terrace and wonderful staff who make you feel so at home you won't want to leave... Don't be put off that it isn't right on the beach... it costs nothing to get a cab and means you make the effort to explore some of the better beaches on the island rather than sticking to the main tourist trails... I can't recommend Ellie's highly enough!

A Truly Magnificent Place

by TripAdvisor Member shooby5

I just got back from a weeks stay at Ellie's hotel. I have been to Bali three times before, and this hotel was by far the best that I have stayed on the island. Van and his staff were very nice, at the airport our driver Gin was waiting for us with chilled water and towels. The hotel is a quiet and peaceful residential area of Nusa Dua, and I think it offers a location that is peaceful and quiet, yet only 10 - 15 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Kuta by car (should you want it!). The rooms are great, decorated in a minimalist and modern style, lovely wooden beds and wardrobes. Included is a delicious cooked breakfast every morning. The staff did not fail to go out of their way time and time again to ensure that needs were met. From taking us to the day spa for a massage, or making sure the pile of beach towels that were waiting for us before we left for our days out - Van and his team was always on hand to ensure that our needs were met. Highly recommended – I will be going back!

Fair, but not convenient

by TripAdvisor Member CLD0404

I read all the raving reviews about Ellie's and booked my weekend there. While the hotel itself is nice enough - clean rooms, pretty grounds, I felt a little mislead about the location. In actuality, it is located in the middle of a residential area, crammed in between 2 homes. There is no mountain/hill view that I could tell, and the water view is of the pool. You can see the water from the top level balcony, but it looks to be about a mile away. I had envisioned something set back from the beach, kind of secluded.

And I never met that Van guy several people referred to.....

The front desk was helpful organizing a day driver for me, and that is what I could recommend. With the random location of the hotel, I was concerned a regular taxi would not know how to find the place.

Location is not near Kuta, which is more touristy and fun. I am sorry I didn't stay in Kuta -- you can walk to restaurants, shops and beaches from hotels in Kuta.

Great value and fantastic staff

by TripAdvisor Member JonnyTunbridgeWells

Location was as others stated, tucked away and although some shops and restaurants are around they are more “local” and very basic. You need to go to the tourist resorts (a few miles away) to have a choice of restaurants and shopping. This place is in a residential area although taxis are cheap!

The hotel itself is great value for money with fantastic staff and the rooms are modern, clean and adequate. The breakfast was fantastic and the pool although small, was lovely. I would recommend this hotel is you want a small, very reasonably priced hotel with great staff.

My only real disappointment was the lack of a restaurant here and the only alcohol available was beer! They would be more than happy for you to order a take away from the various menus they have at reception and have this delivered. For me if they had a selection of drinks and fresh snacks available from their own kitchen then this would be much better.

AT the end of the day you get what you pay for, and this place is fantastic value for money!

Personal and very well managed!

by TripAdvisor Member Mazworldtraveller

We stayed at Ellies for 1 night recently and really enjoyed it.
As a lot of reviewers have mentioned, it is tucked away - not the most happening place in Bali- and if this was the only place we stayed at in Bali, I would have been a bit disappointed.

However what it lacks in location it makes up for it in extremely attentive and knowledgeable staff.

It is brilliant value too. Food was fantastic, simple and delicious.
I would definitely recommend it!

Elegant, charming, fun, chilled, great staff - stay here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member R0y

I planned to stay here for 2 nights, came back and ended up there for 8 days in all. Van, the hip Londoner who runs it, is incredibly helpful and friendly - helped by the fact there are only 8 rooms so he and the staff can and want to make the stay easy and fun. It has the feeling of a small private club built round a pool and covered in flowers. Dont come here if you want an industrial beach side hotel, if you're independent, want to rent a bike or jeep and see the island, this is the perfect place to use as a base. I spent 3 weeks on Bali in all,. stayed in some amazing hotels (many far far more expensive than Ellie's) and my best memories will come from staying here. Chill out with a drink from the bar, plug in your iPod on the roof terrace and watch the sunset - its like coming home for the evening to a house that you wish you owned! - enjoy.

Your will never want to leave (we nearly did'nt!!)

by TripAdvisor Member davegodden

Well where do we start, arrived at Airport and met by Ellie's hotel driver, chilled face towel's and cold bottles of water a smat air-con car just what the doctor ordered after a long flight and not that you except from a Hotel that only costs around £20 a night. We where orignally only staying for 3 nights. The Hotels is only about ten mimutes from the Airport and Van the dynamic and charming hotel manager is there to greet you. The Hotel is set back from the busy main road and you would expect to suffer from traffic noise but far from it, as you enter the small hotel the tranquilaty of Ellie's takes over.

All rooms are smartly furnished with tv/dvd player etc and very clean, you will be checking your room rate because you can't believe that its so cheap, there's a good size swiming pool and the views from the roof terrace out to sea are beautiful, our first big tip is to get Van to to arrange a massage by Wayan on the roof terrace as the sun is setting. It will leaving you feeling amazing!! and is the best way to get you relaxed after your journey.

Ellie's is layed back and relaxed, breakfast is served when YOU are ready for it, none of this 7.30 till 9am business have a lay in get up and have breakfast at 12 if you like its not a problem, in fact nothing is a problem at ellie's. Van and his staff go above and beyond the call and duty to insure that your stay is just perfect.

You need anything and Van the man will do his upmost to provide or arrange for you, together with his assistant Made' there knowledge of Bali where to go, what to see, how to get there and much you should be paying etc etc is priceless and will ensure you have the best time in Bali and see the things you what to. Take the plunge and hire a scooter, Van will arrange this for you for about £3 a day he will even go with you on your first run to ensure that your ok. But if the scooter seems a bit to much he'll arrange a jeep hire for you. Never in all our years of travel staying in hotels from no star to five star have we ever come across a manager who puts so much effort into making your stay so perfect, and his efforts are given to you with the sort of genuine feeling you would get from a friend that you have known for years, who you would quote to others as " Oh Van he would do anything for anybody"

As stated at the begining of this review our origanal stay was planned for just 3 nights out of our 7 in Bali, but like the pervious reviewer we ended up stay longer a lot longer infact, we cancelled our ongoing travel plans to Thailand and stayed in Bali for Three Weeks instead! I seriously have to worn you that once you have stayed here you really wont want to leave.

We did stay at another hotel in Bali for 4 nights because we had booked it back in the uk, but returning to Ellie's was just like coming home. Forget the Hyatt's and the Hiltons because they really are not in the same league as little Ellie's.

Finally the effect on us from our visit to Bali and our stay at Ellie's, has resulted in us returning back to the UK to start making the life changing arrangments to sell up and go back for good. Now that has to say somthing would you not aggree?

quaint, comfortable, and very friendly!

by TripAdvisor Member senseidesu

My husband and I just got back from our 11 day trip in Bali. We only had the chance to stay at Ellie's one night, but were made to feel as if we were going to be there all week. I am very long winded so I’ll opt for bullets to make my points:

Pros:
•Quiet and small. If you like huge 100 room hotels with 3 pools & a breakfast buffet, then this is not the place for you.
•Great value for the price!
•Very kind staff. Both Van and Made were kind, cheery, helpful, and knowledgeable.
•Very clean and pretty surroundings and a great little pool! Chairs for sunning.
•Van (the manager) was very flexible about us needing to stay past checkout time, due to a midnight flight departure. (he gave us a very reasonable rate for a late checkout)
•Great, minimalist yet modern rooms. They look newly renovated.
•Wayan the masseuse-recommended by Van!!!! Oh my goodness, you MUST get Van to call him for you. He comes right to the hotel and you get the most amazing, strong massage on the rooftop terrace…can’t miss this! Both my husband and I raved about it!
•There are seaview rooms upstairs, and a beautiful terrace on the top floor with a wonderful sunset. You can plug in your ipod and chill over wine! Delightful!
•Yummy breakfast, included.
•Excellent selection of DVDs (DVD Player in your room).
•Private, yet like a B&B in that you can meet other guests and make friends, if you choose.
•Very close to Uluwatu Temple. The hotel can help you find a safe driver to Uluwatu to watch the Kecak show. Really neat!

Cons:
•As many reviews have said, and as the map indicates, it's not a beachside location. In addition, you can not walk to the beach, you must take a taxi. But, the hotel will happily call you a taxi and it will appear in about 4 min. It only costs about $2.50 to get to the beach - which is beautiful! Genger Beach was gorgeous and quiet. Good for families.
•Related to the above bullet - there is not much that's interesting or worth walking to that is near the hotel. Basically, a quiet residential area. But you can take an 5-8 min. taxi ride into the beach and hotel area for more. Or rent a motor bike!

•As listed in the hotel welcome note and menu (and mentioned by another guest), there are no snacks of any kind at all offered by the hotel, after breakfast. It would be great if between say, 2-4 pm one could order some fruit or a crepe (since pancakes & fruit are on the breaky menu) with your coffee and wine or beer/afternoon tea. Around that time you are getting home from you morning outing, yet it’s not time for dinner. Or a close by grocery store could be listed in the room booklet. (They are more than happy to order a take away meal for you, from a yummy Indonesian restaurant. Very easy!)

My husband and I would recommend this hotel. It’s absolutely fabulous for the price and the staff is kind and helpful, all of the time. Wonderful, small, quaint, and happy – very relaxing place to start and end your days.

An Absolute Pleasure!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ToHeJo

Ellie's is a great place to stay with a fabulous small team of staff who are friendly and helpful all of the time. Van the English manager goes out of his way to make sure you have everything you want from your holiday. The hotel is small and private. It feels safe and really is a home from home! Pleasant surroundings and friendly faces always. The two Balinese ladies who cook breakfasts and clean the hotel are treasures. They keep the place immaculate and are so happy to help! The breakfasts are great with plenty of choice. Although Van does not offer lunch or dinner he always goes out of his way to give the best service he can to his guests, he even picked up a meal from a local restaurant the first night for us because we had jet lag and really didn't want to go out. One day we decided to stay around the pool and Van cooked us all great bacon sandwiches for lunch! Nothing is too much trouble.If you want to experience a massage in one of the most beautiful surroundings in the world, here is the place to have it, on Ellie's roof top terrace with the most breathtaking view! The hotel is off the beaten track but Van and his team offer forms of transport, we hired a driver recommended by Van this enabled us to see parts of Bali that we would not have seen on tour buses etc., Our driver Gin made our holiday extra special with his local knowledge and fascinating facts about Bali, he truly became our friend and we will miss him. Made the assistant manager is also extremely helpful he dropped my family off at Geger beach and picked them up, as I have said previously nothing is too much trouble. On a personal note Made made the best gin and tonics I have ever had!!! We hope to return to Ellie's in the future to do it all again!!!!

Wisnu StatueWisnu Statue

an array of the piggy's parts - crunchy too!an array of the piggy's parts - crunchy too!

Puputan Square - a place for allPuputan Square - a place for all

a building in art centera building in art center

Comments