Kawasan Pariwasata, Lot S6, Nusa Dua, 80363, Indonesia

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about The St. Regis Bali Resort

A Dream Come True

by TripAdvisor Member bkoon

Impeccable service. Is more than excellent. Everything was simple perfect at St Regis Bali.

I had my wedding on 14 Dec 08 at the St Regis Resort Bali. The experience was amazing. First class!

Our wedding celebration at the chapel and terrace was so so beautiful. All our guests enjoyed themselves thoroughly. To me, this wedding was like a dream come true. I was like living in my dream. The décor and setup was nice, the food fantastic, the service staff provided excellent service, everything went on so smoothly. I am still wondering how did the staff at St Regis manage to set up for the dinner within such a short time!!!

Oh yes, we enjoyed our stay in the villas too. Great experience.

The head chef who helped deliver the nice food on the wedding day. Simply delicious and the service was again, above what we expected. Esp when one of our guests requested for a very simple dish (cooked sweet potatoes) for her babies, the staff was so kind to agree to the request and came back with something so nicely done (when we only required something really simple).

Thanks for the great St Regis experience at St Regis Bali!!!

We will be back…

Phenomenal hotel experience

by TripAdvisor Member applegirl17

My husband and I got married at The St. Regis Bali Resort in November, 2008 and stayed afterwards to honeymoon. I've traveled extensively, and I can say without hesitation that my experience at this property ranks among the best I've ever had.

Wedding: Impeccable. We had a simple ceremony for two on the beach, so I can't speak for the chapel venue, but our little nuptials went off without a hitch. I was able to plan everything from afar with the help of an event coordinator who was consistently prompt, thorough, and courteous. While pricey, the amenities were all top-notch, from the photographer (stunning work) to our celebratory dinner (there wasn't a single course we didn't rave about).

Accommodations: Terrific. We stayed in several rooms - including one of The Strand Villas - but preferred the Lagoon Villa for its proximity to the pool, a saltwater river that winds its way around the resort and is peppered with interesting and comfortable islands on which to relax. Furnishings and decor were stylish, culturally relevant, and all-around beautiful.

Food: Best breakfast ever. You have to see it to believe it.

Service: Always with a smile and usually expedient. People are gracious and go above and beyond.

We'll surely return.

Great Luxury Resort, Some Service issues

by TripAdvisor Member BENLEE123

I had a very pleasant stay at the St Regis Singapore last year, and awarded the hotel with my rare 5/5 ratings, a first in a long while as my extensive travel last year allowed me to experience a wide range of hotels, many of which unfortunately are cookie-cutter boring designs that don’t make the mark and worse, some are downright awful ( aka. Mandarin Oriental Tokyo ). The St Regis Singapore excels by delivering cutting edge luxury well superbly furnished rooms.

Therefore, it’s with quite high expectation when I was about to try the St Regis Bali.

Arriving

Arrived during noon on a sunny day that was rather hot and humid. The hotel driver was a young chap and waiting at the exit with a sign. The car pickup was a R-series Mercerdes which while not exactly luxurious ( was expecting a S Class ) was nevertheless comfortable. Journey took a short 30 mins. One fault I detected was that the driver did not bring the car to the pickup point. Instead, I had to follow him to the parking lot under the hot sun. Not exactly a serious fault but some initiative is required here. Further training perhaps? On arrival at the hotel, there’s the usual greetings and serving a welcome drink and I was told I had been upgraded to the Garden villa. The Butler proceed to bring me to my villa.

The Villa

I initially booked the St Regis Ocean View Suite and when told I was upgraded to a villa, I was initially concerned that I may not like it because there is no ocean view. I then requested the front desk staff to show me the Ocean View suite and also the Strand Villa which had a ocean view via a private beach which she willingly obliged. After comparing, it was immediately clear to me that the amenities and facilities in the Villa are far superior to the “suites” which are basically just oversized rooms with a balcony. The Strand villa on the other hand is exactly the same as the Garden Villa with just the additional of a private beach which is not much because the same beach is accessible within a short walk from the lobby. Not quite worth paying for twice the price unless you fancy a private beach for total privacy.

The Garden Villa is actually a sprawling one bedroom villa that measures a spacious 200m2 and include among other things an oversize ensuite bathroom, a spacious living and dinning area, walk-in closet, a small kitchen with a fridge, butler’s quarters, a garden/foyer and most impressively, a private plunge pool. There’s even an outdoor shower. Perfect for a couple in honeymoon or anyone wanting to enjoy privacy and relaxation.

The bathroom is equipped with Grohe bathroom fittings and an enormous Villeroy & Boch bathtub. Rainforest shower and dual sinks as expected are provided as well. Water pressure is good but not that great and the bathroom can do with a bit better lighting as it felt kinda dark in there. There’s a 14” LCD TV. It goes without saying that there’s toiletries galore ( St Regis’s in house Remede Spa products ) and overflowing selection of fluffy towels of all sizes.

The living / dinning hall is decorated in the usual Baliness style with handicraft and artwork well place throughout the villa. There’s two 42” Sharp LCD TV equipped with DVD players and Bose Sound System. Overall, the furnishing/fittings and amenities aren’t as high class as those in St Regis Singapore but they are comfortable and functional. A few complaints about this villa, nothing major, just knit-picks. The minibar / fridge is not well stocked ( no wine, chocolates or biscuits ) and the airconditioner was kind of noisy during my stay. Also, the position of the TV in both rooms are not ideal, being at an angle to the sitting position. The bathtub while large, feels rather “waxy.

Common Areas

There’s a lagoon that run through the resort which guests can swim in. There are 2 restaurants, a cake shop and a bar. The St Regis is connected directly to the Nusa Dua beach with unobstructed ocean views and sandy white beaches, fully equipped with canopes and beach staff on hand. The problem with the beach is that it is facing south, hence depriving the resort of any sunset and sunrise views, a rather big disappointment for me as when evening comes, the whole place just turn dark, not much of a view.

Overall, the resort feels small and there wasn’t much to explore. I also feel the landscaping and gardening isn’t that well done. Sure there are the usual palm and coconut trees but the greenery is lacking, not much floral to be exact. The lobby wasn’t that impressive either and there’s nothing to catch the eye. It just doesn’t make me goes “wow” like the St Regis Singapore does.

The prices in the restaurants are very expensive and unless you want to travel out, there’s not much of a choice either because the resort is secluded in a compound in it’s own area so there’s no restaurants nearby within walking distance. The morning breakfast however, is indeed first class, with a wide selection of buffet and ala-carte menu items ( no restriction on order quantity ), even less common items like foie gras and egg benedict. A huge positive.

Service

There’s the usual warm and friendly smiles and the Butler was on hand to attend to my service calls but other than that, don’t think anyone did anything extraordinary or to go out of the way to please me. I also wasn’t too happy with the speed of the Butler service. It usually takes a good 15-20 mins for the Butler to come to my villa for service calls for simple task like bringing coffee, clearing the dishes after in-room dinning etc. On few occasion, I actually have to call to chase them. Perhaps they are short handed and that one Butler has to service several villas or more likely, the service call messages was not passed down to the Butler doing the work.

The Concierge arranged a daytime tour for me but this wasn’t done without hiccups. First, the timing was grossly underestimated and as a result, I specifically asked for a 6 hours tour and end up with 8 hours instead that left me feeling tired. I was also disappointed with the locality that the concierge recommended. There’s also some confusion over the charges due to miscommunication between the tour agent and the concierge. Also, the concierge recommended the wrong place to me, which was rather uninteresting.

Conclusion

I haven’t really tried many hotels in Bali, this being my first trip, I can’t say for sure if others will be better as the only other resort I have tried was the sub-par Bvlgari Bali ( read my review ). But overall, if not for the free upgrade to villa, I would probably be slightly disappointed with this St Regis. Even with the free upgrade, and a lower than usual rate due to off-peak season, it still doesn’t compare to the great experience I had in St Regis Singapore. But bearing in mind that the suite in St Regis cost twice as much for less than half the size, I probably shouldn’t be complaining so much. So in terms of ranking this property, it depends. It can’t qualify as a 5 because of the above service issues. With the free upgrade, it will rank 4/5. Otherwise, it will be more reasonably a 3/5

Wonderfully Luxurious

by TripAdvisor Member LucianoSF

Of all the wonderful resorts around Bali, I chose to stay at the brand new St. Regis for my honeymoon the first week of October. At the time I checked in, I believe the hotel had been open less than 3 weeks.

We arrived at the St. Regis after spending a week in a very private villa at the Kayumanis, Ubud. In much contrast, the St. Regis
initially felt massive , much less "Balinese" and a bit impersonal. But within a few hours, we quickly adjusted to the level of luxury the St. Regis provided. A few comments on specific aspects:

THE ACCOMODATIONS
We stayed in the lagoon villa which was spectacular. All the furnishings were beautiful and extremely comfortable and there was so much space for just the two of us. We have stayed in top hotels around the world, and In many ways, this set the standard of luxury. The outdoor plunge pool and lounge chairs were great, though they lacked a bit of privacy (which we intentionally gave up for direct access into the lagoon). The bathtub, bathrooms, bed and living spaces were wonderful. The primary problem we had with our villa however was with the air conditioning. The living room was much warmer than the rest of the villa, so we called to have it fixed. Maintenance came shortly thereafter, and stayed for at least an hour. They didn't speak English well or clearly, so it was difficult to understand what the problem was or if it was fixed. They left, so we assumed it was fixed. Later on, we realized that it wasn't. Long story short, we had to call 3-4 separate times over the course of 3 days, and it never really got fixed. Lucky for us, the bedroom was sufficiently cool, but the living area never was. Besides it not getting fixed, the bigger problem was the lack of communication around when we should have expected it to be fixed. Given the price we were paying, this problem should have been dealt with better. On our final night, they offered us to switch villas, but we didn't want to go through the hassle with just one night left.

THE FOOD
The Kayuputi restaurant is beautiful, particularly if you sit outdoors. The food was delicious with an extensive wine list. What we enjoyed even more was breakfast every morning. The menu was extremely diverse and creative, with impeccable presentation of the food. Prior to this experience, the best breakfast I've had was the Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay in California. This was just as good, if not better. We spent hours each day eating and tried virtually everything on the menu. It ranged from dim sum to sushi to oysters to foie gras. Wonderful!

THE SERVICE
Overall, the service was great, but I did see room for improvement. For instance, when we were lounging in one of the beds by the pool with a menu for lunch, no one ever came by to take our order. We had to wade into the pool to get to the bar to order. Similarly, we were only offered drinks on the beach when first getting to our lounge chair. After that, we'd have to venture to the bar ourselves if we wanted anything. Over breakfast, the service was generally good, though sometimes they'd forget our beverage orders - or our drinks would arrive 20 minutes after ordering, much later than our food order. The staff was always extremely friendly and pleasant. I think that these may be initial service kinks may still need to be worked out. The unfortunate final experience was at checkout. We had prearranged for the butler to pick up our luggage at a specific time so we could check out and go to the airport. They never came, and we had to call at the last minute and have ourselves rushed out of the hotel and brought to the airport. Not sure what happened here, although we made it to the airport on time.

Overall, despite some service blips and the villa's air conditioning problems, we had a wonderful stay. The hotel is extremely beautiful and luxurious. The beach is pretty private, though I would've preferred one with more waves. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. We had a wonderful honeymoon and were certainly sad to leave the St. Regis.

Beautiful & Amazing w/ some "kinks" to workout

by TripAdvisor Member hlp2008

The St.Regis resort in Nusa Dua was abosulutely stunning! We were here for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. The pick-up service was great at the airport. They actually do all the work for you (ie immigration, customs, & collect luggage). We stayed in one of the private pool villas that opened up into the lagoons and pretty much spent most of our afternoons in the cabanas reading and listening to music (they have a bose ipod hookup, so BRING YOUR IPOD!).

There are some kinks that need to be worked out. I think the menu for the in room dining needs to be reviewed and also the experience of their staff.

The highlight of our stay was when the Executive Chef (Oscar) prepared a special "indian cuisine" for my husband and I at the beachside restaurant. It was AMAZING. Not only was everything custom made to our taste but the venue and the setting of the entire restaurant was gorgeous, something out of a "movie"!

Overall, the hotel was amazing and will definately come back!

Fantastic hotel experience

by TripAdvisor Member PerfectionistUK

Looking for some luxury accommodation after a disappointing return to Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay - fantastic accommodation in pool villa, attentive staff and wonderful food. The breakfast has to be experienced to be believed. Can't wait to go back next year

Luxury experience with excellent services

by TripAdvisor Member IreneY105

It was our first visit after we have cancelled our wedding ceremony at Ritz Carlton 3 years ago because of the bombing. We always love bali, and visited there many times. So we decided to get it over with the sad memory and starts a new one.
Our wonderful journey starts like this, as soon as we arrived, there were staff from the bali-concierge welcomed us and helped with the visa on arrival and baggage reclaims. While we were waiting at the lounge to chill out and have a refreshing drink. It would save you about 30 minutes and not being waited in a long queue without air-con.
We were then greeted by the hotel representative and brought us to the nice Mercedes Benz, with a lovely car-seat prepared for my son. Served with a cold minty towel and a very tasty chocolate truffle. We were addressed by name by the guards when the car enter the gate and i was given a beautiful frangipani.
When we arrived the hotel lobby, all the baggages are well taken care of and we could have a sip of ice tea and stunned by how nice the hotel is.
The suite is very cosy with a large balcony and a lovely walk-in closet and with plentiful mineral water bottles are provided in the room.
We just relaxed in the room for the first day, and ordered room services for most of the day also, with a 15 months can't sit still baby is not easy to eat in a restaurant. The food is tasty, pricey as expected but quite a bit small in portion, the main course somehow look like the size of tapas. And i guess they should put on more choices in the menu. Also the prices of food at the gourmet deli(where they serve some light food)being marked up too high and again in small portion. But the ice cream are totally yummy.
On the next day, we started our day with a very sumptuous breakfast as described by the hotel. They have a buffet area for cheese, salads and bread, the waiters would bring around some freshly baked croissants, smoothies, salmon roll, bloody mary, bagel with cold cuts and many more and are different everyday. While u can order from the menu from oysters , foie gras with fried eggs, my favourite egg benedict, sushi, dim sum ( not quite taste right for me as a chinese),nasi goreng,chicken porridge (for my baby),oatmeal and can't list them all. They all tasted as great as it looks from the outside, with the relaxing music and the view overlooking the whole resort. It's by far the most delicious breakfast or brunch i have ever had, but also the services is impeccable. We were so filled up so could only feel like to have appetite again when it's about 3 to 4 pm.
All staff are very well mannered and i was impressed by their English standard too. Every staff would greet and smile when they see you, for any requests , they would respond 'yes,certainly,my pleasure, u feel very much respected.
We payed extra to stay for the last two nights at the Gardenia VIlla, after we've seen all other type of rooms by the staff on the first day. We decided to have our full indulgence in this stay. They all looks lovely, the suite with plunge pool is on the ground floor where the indoor size is about the same as the suite we have stayed, while they've a plunge pool and bale in the garden. It's actually quite nice that u can have the outdoor feeling, however, it's opposite where the sun is, so , it's quite dark and u cannot enjoy sunbathing.
While the lagoon Villa and gardenia villa have a huge living room , oversized bathroom , beautiful garden, very comfortable bale, butler's quarter , kitchen, extra bathroom,but a however small in proportion's closet. The former one has a nice lagoon view where u can access the main pool easily, however, it's with much less privacy.
The gardenia villa where we first had was absolutely too warm inside, they have sent someone to fix it, not really worked out. After two hours, the room had not cool down So we requested to change to other villa, and then they prepared two villas for us to choose whichever one we feels it's cooler. Very much appreciated how their arrangement. But problem seemed to come again, the tele in the living room was only in black and white . The staff couldn't get it fix after like 30 minutes, they decided to replace by another tele.Again, impressed they have done it this way. You know, it could happen on some hotels would just apologise and let it be.
The main pool is very nice and quiet , they've staff to clean my sunglasses as well, however, the stone inside the pool is very rough and is dark in color which u would only noticed it after hurting by it, which left me wounded. And i have a lot of mosquito bites just by sitting at the sun bench in the beach at sunset for 5 minutes, seems to be still itchy now. And would suggest to have a kids room where children can around there and parents can have a quiet time in spa or a nice dinner.
We've received a beautiful cake for our anniversary, thought if we might be upgraded when check in ,but no (greedy),haa. It's the thought that count but can make it more personal by putting a small note with it.
The butler services was a good experience, u feel like being served and pampered at all time. The house keeping was also immaculate too, they tidied up the villa very efficiently.
On the day of departure, we had our breakfast in the villa, for the services fee of 20USD, while we can be relaxed and wear the PJs to enjoy it and baby could sleep longer in bed. We had numerous of choices as if we have eaten at the restaurant, they delivered sharply on time and i think it's well worth the surcharge.
We were then picked up by the butler to check out at the lobby, u can also have it done in the room or villa, but it's actually easier for both parties. Noted,they don't accept US dollars printed before 1996 or have chips. And sadly, we had to say goodbye to this beautiful hotel , the staff were there to show their warmest farewell with a bow.
With a nice and comfy ride to the airport, even my cheeky monkey took a nap . And the hotel representative were there to help with your check in. He called the airline to have our boarding passes ready before we arrived,impressive.
We had a unforgettable experience, the most luxury one at all time, and hubby said it's the best one we have had for the 50 trips we have made. The services standard is so high and flawless that i think only the Peninsula in HK is comparable but still not better.
Love this hotel would definitely return soon , and it's a good time to visit where the hotel is still nice and quiet and staff are high in spirit. Hope they can maintain it well and be the best in Bali. And thank you for giving us a new happy memory of bali too.

A new beauty

by TripAdvisor Member vrcatherine

Went to St Regis Nusa Dua for four nights. When we arrived it was quiet impressive, overlooking the enormous fireplace that goes till the beach.
The room was perfect, everything you can imagine was in the room, hat, beachbag, ...
We had dinner at the beachrestaurant outside, verry romantic and good food. As we are Belgians it was a pitty they don't serve Eastern food but only European.
The poolbar is also great, can sit in the pool or lounge at the beachside. Service at the beach was also perfect.
Breakfast was very original. Every 5 minutes the waiter came with something else from croisant to eggs with caviar and it was also very trendy. There is also a buffet with everything you can imagine. A compliment to the chef and his staff.
The service was superb everywhere, very friendly, helpfull, ....

Jan and Catherine

One of the best breakfasts & bathtubs

by TripAdvisor Member Yoyogi

My mother and I really enjoyed staying there.

Breakfast and bathtub are one of the best. Dinner at Kayuputi is great (but please don't order Pasta!). The sommelier is very helpful. Spa is not pricy and good quality. Deri makes our stay easier (but please don't order noodles!). When we ordered cookies for souvenir, the pastry chef Vincent baked new ones for us and everything was prepared by that evening.

We have had a few problems but they fixed them all immediately:
1) opening and closing one of the sliding doors in the room
2) clogged tub
3) beach staff - If you are Japanese, they might be too friendly or too aggressive getting orders from you.

Be careful not to strike your shin hard on the stairs in the pool.

No Infinity pools. The pools are average. The beach is not so good for snorkeling. But I would not recommend to go to Benna even the beach staff recommends. Benna is a bit far and it is not worth to spend two hours and money (one person USD25 + 10% tax). They are eager to get more money from you while you are away from St.Regis - it reminds me that I am in Bali.

We would love to go back there if they can keep the way they are now.

Four thumbs up!

modern HeaveN

by TripAdvisor Member halfangel

ONLY 3 days&2 nights, me&him, just a pleasure, tons of happy moments, sun on a luxury beach, marvelous huge swimming pool with well organized “fresh” bar, enormous interior design manufactured by free mind, simply elegancy sunk in a pure quality, gorgeous atmosphere of balance in the air & the most delicious food we had during our November’s Vacation (even BurjiAlArab’s Al Muntaha restaurant was not that impressive).
I will not mention the homemade delicious ice-cream, great brownie in Gourmand Deli … spa treatment with funny hotWAXsocks and very skilled stuff, private cute pool and huge bath …. too much good things. I liked the wooden puzzles on the terraceBED and slow swing on the patch walk, soft bedding, taste of coffee, calm colors and the breath of ART in the air.

the fireSHOW is very WOW, as the Kayuputi Restaurant - for dinner my bf will recommend DREAMY lobster, for breakfast Boneka with they fresh JUICE and REALLY yummy things – but think first what you want to eat and remember that breakfast makes your day - they will offer you hundred small complimentary things to try SWEET&salty&SOURCEtaste – mixCOULDmakeYOUsick.

Few warm words about people working there – perfectly trained for help BUT not to disturb (waiters are well prepared to help with the menu and be ready with suggestions, guards on the beach almost invisible, cleaning well done, fresh newspaper was hanging on the door every morning, laundry was delivered in a funny basket;)
St. Rigin rules!

OK – this Hotel is really NO 1 on my list and like no other – I wish to be back….
BuT
they have very poor list of movies, no one for a high lever cinema player .. well, fly for hours to magic Indonisia and then go for a movie :/ I know - it’s not a place for TV. But the room we had was a fairytale, the bed was perfect and there was a big LCD hanging on the wall – so we wanted to enjoy little lazy time;)
We asked for late check out – No Problem – but they forgot to send that information to our key cards… and we were back from the spa wearing only the bathrobes … hmm – just a bad coincident, I believe. Even the hotel is still under some decoration works it wasn’t heavy to bear.
I miss the grand blue (azzuro;) swimming pool and that slow, calm sound in the air ... heavenly
From the rainforest gate on the beginning to the car driving us to the airport everything was worth the word FABULOUS

Comments