Jalan Uluwatu 45, Jimbaran, Bali, 80361, Indonesia

Agoda.com Travelocity InterContinental

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Worst Resort in Bali!!

Where can I begin? I will keep this brief though:

1. NO hot water in rooms 2128 or 2134 (I had both rooms since I was travelling with a large family). ONLY warm water for 4 days straight.

2. Water will not drain in again rooms 2128 or 2134 so you have to shower in about 4-5 inches of dirty water. Sounds great, doesn't it? Again for 4 days straight.

3. Night staff at check-in spoke little to no English or Japanese. Communication was VERY difficult.

4. Was charged for breakfast for only 1 room and not the other even though I book both the same way (I could never figure this one out).

5. Hotel manager was less than thrilling about his approach and again spoke with very broken English and couldn't even say a word in Japanese.

6. Check out staff were rude and inconsiderate to anything other than their drive to overcharge and take money.

7. Resort is OLD and rooms are well past their prime.

8. Breakfast on our 3rd day included an unwelcoming long black hair in mangled in the bread. So if you plan on eating breakfast take a good look before you start eating at exactly what you are eating.

9. Ridiculous charge of 60,500 Rupiah per hour of internet use - unreasonable to say the least considering you can get it for free at the local McDonald's about 10 minutes away. For the amount they are charging for the room this should be a free service to it's guest or at charge something reasonable like $10 USD a day or something....I have stayed at Four Seasons were they actually don't charge anything for the room I was in.

10. This resort will play this incredibly annoying bird chirping music over the wing of the room I was staying at....so when you try to sleep at night this annoying bird music will keep you up if you are a sensitive sleeper.

PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!! I would not want to my fellow travelers to experience the hell on earth I have at this run-down nasty resort. I highly recommend staying elsewhere!!!!!!

• Adrian_lee's Profile Photo

Jimbaran's best hotel

Great landscaping within the grounds. Has access to a nice part of Jimbaran Beach. It is close to the airport.

Fantastic service and great food.

Unique Quality: Great views,

Directions: Jimbaran Bay, 30 mins by taxi from airport

• Indonesian getaway

Hotel was very nice, despite the armed security guards and check point at the front gate. Hotel band was ok and knew songs in english, spanish, french, russian, japanese and chinese. Food was good and tasty.

Unique Quality: once a week they had wood vendors display items that can be purchased

• BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Luxury and Service with Value for Money

This is one of my favourite hotels in Bali, very romantic for when I want to spend quality time with my wife away from the kids!!. The sunset views sitting by the pool, sipping our gin and tonic's, are great. The rooms are very big (even the standard rooms are larger than normal) we always stay in the club intercontinental suite rooms, which give the additional benefits of afternoon tea, and evening cocktails, and no children under 12 years allowed, it's like heaven with the gate shut for a couple of days! (by the way I love children, we have 7 of our own, hence the need to get away once in a while).

Bali has a lot of wonderful spa's all over the place, and to be honest many are just as good and a lot cheaper then the spa in the hotel, so I would recommend that if you want to treat yourself to a spa treatment (and why come to Bali and not do so?) then I am sure that you would find better value outside.

So to summise, the hoel resort is affordable luxury at it's best, fabulous service and attention to details. The down side is that there isn't much to do in the Jimbaran area, especially on an evening, so some trips into Kuta or other areas would be required.

Unique Quality: This hotel has fabulous views over the ocean, particulary spectacular are the sunsets. The pool has infinity edge, which makes you feel like you are swimming into the sunset.

The service and attention to deail is beyond your expectations even for a 5* hotel. Opposite the grounds there is a good restaurant which serves international style food at reasonable prices.

Jimbaran is a quiet area of Bali, there isn't that much to do in the evenings other than the entertainment provided by the hotel (or other hotels in the same area), you would need to get a taxi or motorbike to take you into Kuta or Legian or Seminyak for any night life scene if that's waht you want. The taxi fare should be around about 40,000 rupiah one way. Coming back might be more expensive depending on the time of night, and the fact that the driver would be coming back to Kuta empty so they might add a further 20,000 rupiah.

Directions: Located in the quieter area of Jimbaran about 20 mins away from the airport by car. The hotel is off the main road to Nusa Dua, turn right at the 3rd set of traffic lights signposted Uluwatu, follow the road and the hotel is on the right after about 4km.

• Robbery in safe room in Club Intercontinental Bali

I am sending you this message in order to make you aware of a disagreeable
    incident that happened in our room at the Club Hotel Intercontinental of Bali, in order to advise anyone who is planning to stay there to take the necessary precautions.
    Someone opened the safe in our room without signs of force, then reclosed the safe without changing our secret code. I dońt feel it́s necessary to add that the safe was always kept
    closed, and this was double checked by both of us upon leaving our room. A considerable amount of Euros were stolen in total.
    The money had been previously separated into bundles, and the money stolen was removed from each bundle, giving the appearance that all of the money was there with the idea that we wouldńt therefore notice until we returned to our country. However, two days before our departure, we needed to change some money and upon counting the money we realised that a large amount had been stolen.
    Immediately we informed hotel security and they came to our room immediately but this wasńt much help. The following day, the hotel gave us a car with a translator in order to go to the police station to report the incident. From this point onwards, all we have heard has been excuses, apologies, etc.
    The worst part was when, trying to speak with the hotel manager, in this case, manageress of the Club area, we had to argue and demand to see her, as the people assisting us up to this point were intermediaries of the manageress. The manageress never approached us in person to discuss our situation.
    We are not trying to recuperate the money, as we can see clearly that this is impossible, only we would have liked greater support from the hotel management and a bigger effort in looking for the culprit, obviously a hotel employee with access to our room, information and movements.
    For people that are thinking of staying in Hotel Intercontinental of Bali, be careful with your money as a thief is active in this hotel.

Regards,
    Antonio Escalante

• KTF-NY's Profile Photo

InterCon's a top spot for beachside stay.

Arriving on a late flight, I booked only one night as we had other accomodations for the next 4 nights. It was good not to have a long ride to the hotel, as many places are over 30-45 minutes or more away, especially if you have to go through Denpasar during the day to get there.
    They have a variety of rooms and price points to meet any guest's needs.

Unique Quality: Airport lounge and escort for Club Level guest. Relax arrival lounge while their agent retrieves your bags and visas, then escorts you through immigration.
    Several small children's play areas around the property, great for families.
    Beautiful property sits on the bay bordered on the north by the airport's runway. From the beach you can watch the jets land and takeoff, without the noise of being close by. The water is nice and waves fairly gentle because a reef breaks that wave action. Nice bay with several other top end hotels just down the beach.

Directions: Just south of the airport, 15 minute taxi ride.

• Chase&Rich's Profile Photo

Swim up pool, Divine Japanese restaurant

This hotel is very western in it's hospitality. Everyone speaks English, the grounds are meticulous, (they do spray for insects), and the spa and restaurants are top notch. Oh, and they have a swim up bar! A shaded bar, serving drinks and food, and we can still sit in the water and feast! I love swim up bars, every resort should have one.

A sweet anecdote we remember fondly is from our first stay, which happend to be our honeymoon. They have a coffee cart around the pool and beach area every morning. I think it was either complimentary or we were able to charge it to the room. The first morning I groggily walked up to get two coffees. I must have given our room number or name. Then every morning, as I would walk back to the cart, the gentleman who prepared the morning brew remembered me and my order, had it ready for me and greeted me as Mrs. Rich. (Which is my husband's first name - not our last.) It was so sweet, and I liked the sound of it, so I just didn't wish to correct him! It just makes a fond memory.

Unique Quality: The swim up bar and an amazing Japanese restaurant with a beautiful garden and walkway.

Directions: JImbaran Bay. The neighbors are the Four Seasons hotel and the Ritz Carlton (both to the north). To the south on the beach are beachfront 'restaurants' and several other hotels which are slightly less expensive.

• Blosha's Profile Photo

Best in Bali

Just the best in Bali in terms of price, location, quality and service.
    No low tides
    No vendors on the beach
    Impeccable service and shining smiles
    Amazing territory
    Beach is large and close to the buildings (not 180 steps down as in Sheraton, and not small and reachable by bus as in '4 seasons')
    Many birds and anymals!
    Cheap in low season (we paid $75 per room includung all taxes & breakfast for 2)

• All-aboutBali's Profile Photo

Bali Best accomodation

Stay at Bali Intercontinental feel as like home with high hospotality with great diamond 5* hotel favilities. why not try Bali Intercontinental for who like taste of 5* balinese hotel style.

Unique Quality: Bali Intercontinental will offer you a great 5* hotel Facilities with swimming pool overlooking to the beach and full colour of balinese architecture style

Directions: Jimbaran

• rockadolly's Profile Photo

Great for Family vacations

This is 1 of the nicest place to stay in Bali, tho it's quiet pricey. There are new amazing hotels in the area, but this one is still up there. i
    I've stayed here several times. Never had any single dull experience.
    If you're traveling with kids, or in your honeymoon, i'd recommend you the Presidential Suite which has its own pool.
    Please note that the price range i selected here is just for a night stay.

Unique Quality: It has its own private beach, massages (at the beach, or on call to your room), health club, water-sports (sailing, canoeing, parasailing), nice swimming pools (even for you kids), a central playroom (babies & kids day care).

More about InterContinental Resort Bali

Bali Intercontinental by ukirsariBali Intercontinental by ukirsari

Beach of Intercontinental, Jimbaran, BaliBeach of Intercontinental, Jimbaran, Bali

Michelle and Harry dinner at Jimbaran - BaliMichelle and Harry dinner at Jimbaran - Bali

Sunset view from restaurant at Jimbaran - BaliSunset view from restaurant at Jimbaran - Bali

Hotel Enquiry In Bali

by wilfredspiteri

Hi

I am planning to visit Bali in June. I am wondering if anyone will give me some feedback about Alila Ubud Hotel and which room I should reserve, the lower floor room (Deluxe )or the upper floor room (Superior).

Can anyone also help me out to choose between The Ritz-Carlton Hotel or the Intercontinental-Bali Hotel.

Thanks

by brokencode

I found out those good rates. Email me and I'll inform you soon. [ayu_rista@hotmail.com]

by indoguy

alila ubud is one of the nicest resort in ubud...it's very nice there,cant really describe how nice they are coz they are really nice..
my personal opinion,ritz carlton is better than continental.....better view and much nicer,enjoy your holiday!

by germasia

Hi there,

I know Ritz-Carlton and Interconti as well. Depends on what you are looking for. Interconti is located much nicer, not on rocks, directly at Jimbaran beach, huge garden. Leasure atmosphere, nice rooms. Beside Interconti there are good restaurants, you sit at the beach and can enjoy good fish dishes.
So, overall I would choose the Interconti.

by sahel578

when i was in ubud last month, one of my drivers one day was the driver from the alila. he has a website, www.hiddenbali.com
you might tell him that he drove this talkative girl from texas last month and was a great help to me :) I dont remember if we introduced ourselves, but he was a terrific source of information and i'm sure that he will be just as helpful for you.

have a great trip and dont miss nur salon.. best massage, best price! (on the road that runs parallel to monkey forest road)

Comments