Bali Hotels

Our Members Say

• merantau profile photo merantau
  • Reviews: 3

Legian Beach Bungalows: Bali's Best Value Budget Hotel

I've been staying here since 2008. Why?

- central, five minutes walk to beach, less to food, drink, shops.
- authentic Indonesian food nearby
- has a neat pol and garden
- restaurant does good basic breakfasts, excellent coffee
- hard-working, friendly staff. Manageress Ayu is a gem
- clean and cheap
- quiet
- used by travelers as well as package tourists

In a cheap hotel like this the pool and garden are standout features

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 6, 2014

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7002

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Inna Kuta Hotel: Prime Area Beside Kuta Beach (2)

Part two of my tips with more pictures

The Grand Inna Kuta hotel was formerly called the Inna Kuta Beach hotel and is now presently called the former. This four star hotel is strategically located as it is one of the few hotels in the Kuta Area that has a beach front access as most hotels lying along the JI Pantai Kuta (Beach Road) lies across the road from the beach. The other few hotels with beachfront acess lies along the JI Kartika Plaza and along the Seminyak area. The best deal in staying here in this hotel is the LOCATION!

just in front of the Sunset Bar of the Hotel and steps away from the Sunset Pool is Kuta Beach. This hotel has 2 wings, the Bali Wing and the newer Beach Wing and both wings have about 322 rooms and suites and 5 floors. The hotel also lies near the major attractions like Beach Mall, Hard Rock Cafe, Starbucks Coffee, Gloria Jeans Coffee and 1 minute walk to Kuta Square.

besides having nice and clean rooms and complimentary bottled water, they have free wifi service for guests all around the hotel, free beach flip flops which you can use, a welcome stocked mini fridge with soft drinks and sports drinks for those staying 3 nights or more, a digital safe in the room, complimentary buffet breakfast at the Breeze Cafe from 6 am to 10 am everyday and complimentary access to the three swimming pools of the property (kelapa pool, sunken pool and sunset pool).

they also have a big sofa which can double as a sofa bed. smoking containers for smokers outside the rooms (as all rooms are non smoking) and lies near all the major attractions in Kuta within a 10 minute walk like the bars at JI Legian, the Beach Walk Mall and Hard Rock Cafe at JI Pantai Kuta and Waterbom Park and Discovery Mall at JI Kartika Plaza.

prices of a standard beach wing room is about 1,1000,000 rupiah per person (about 97 US Dollars)

• Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Food and Dining
  • Written January 2, 2014

sunken pool

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7002

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Inna Kuta Hotel: Prime Area Beside Kuta Beach (1)

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written January 2, 2014

front

• worldkiwi profile photo worldkiwi
  • Reviews: 1015

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tanis Villas: A great place to stay on Nusa Lembongan.

I first stayed at Tanis Villas in October 2012. At the end of my stay in this fine little hotel, as I was checking out, I texted a colleague in New Zealand to find out when the 2013 October holidays were and booked my next year's holiday at reception right then and there! In 2013, I once again zenned out on Nusa Lembongan, a small island not far off the southeast coast of Bali.

Tanis Villas provides small bungalow style units and some rooms in a two storey block, all set in lovely grounds with two well laid out swimming pools and the beach a stone's throw from reception. The staff are really friendly and make an effort to make guests feel like they're part of the family!

The restaurant cooks delicious and well presented dinners.

I love this place, probably because I've got to know some of the staff and the place just seems to zen me out. I love Mushroom Bay and Nusa Lembongan for walking, swimming, and just blobbing out away from crowds and under the glorious Indonesian sun. The pools are ideal for just zoning out in and the beach is great fro swimming (particularly after the day trippers' boats from Bali have left).

• Related to: Surfing, Beaches
  • Written November 7, 2013
Tip Photo

Tanis Villas, Nusa Lembongan, Bali.

• CEP1863 profile photo CEP1863
  • Reviews: 207

Segara Agung Hotel: Oasis of peace in Sanur

I stayed here for five nights. From the moment that I arrived I was made to feel very welcome and the staff went out of their way to help in any way that they could.

The hotel is traditional Balinese architecture and rooms were comfortable with balconies that overlooked the lush gardens. Breakfast was included in the price and was freshly cooked although the range of choice was limited.

Overall I was extremely pleased with the hotel and would choose to stay here again.

Lovely peaceful gardens, nice swimming pool. Staff were amazing and went out of their way to help and assist.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 28, 2013

Segara Agung Hotel Pool

• HappyPassion profile photo HappyPassion
  • Reviews: 2

Middle range hotel near airport: Best Western Kuta Bali

The best thing about this hotel is if you are transiting in Bali, it's only 0.5km from the airport but it's still a fixed IDR50,000 for a transfer via the hotel services.

We were granted an early check in without much hassle and had a room in a next block which is not connected to the main building which i personally find it not so pleasant as the motorbikes went up and down and won't bother to stop for us to cross to our room.

In Bali, there's lots of mosquitoes, do prepare repellents. Fantastic variety of channels on TV, including the live arrival and departure info from airport. The wifi was super but the buffet can do with some changes daily. We had dinner in the hotel in the hotel restaurant one evening and was surprised we had to eat in the dark with tealights candle! I didn't bother to ask them why. The air-cond in our room take awhile to cool as it's hot in the island.

There are private transporters outside the hotel if you do not already secure one prior to your arrival. However, the location is not within walking distance to Kuta main shopping area. The roads are difficult and dangerous to cross if you are travelling with seniors and children.

My overall rating is "acceptable" for the low-season price.

• Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written June 8, 2013
Tip Photo

• simplytaj profile photo simplytaj
  • Reviews: 30

Novus Villa: Hidden Villas

It was a decision I made to stay in Bali for a month. I initially stayed fo 5days in a hotel but pricey so I decided to search for a villa, a house or apartment until I found Novus Villa(a hidden place) through one of the locals I asked. I made a good deal for 1month stay. The price was low due to the ongoing renovation(pls check website below for present rates) Its less than 20mins by car from central Kuta, very quiet, lots of privacy, original Balinese food and traditional designed and spacious villas, Balinese spa treatments are also available. My bedroom was big, clean and class A bedsheets with huge walk in closet, huge open toilets and shower area with bath tub and garden, with terrace and outdoor breakfast nook area complete with ref, tv, daybed etc. I was into yoga during this time and I go to Seminyak (15mins drive) daily at 5pm for yoya. I truly enjoyed the place. I felt like at home and they serve breakfast every morning at 9/10 at my own terrace and garden which is a few steps to the main swimming pool. I had my own privacy even though the place on the other side was under construction. I was surrounded with lush garden with the natural river close to my terrace. I hear birds daily and crickets at night, a total bliss. The service staff are all very nice and friendly. They are available 24hrs by phone call. They have a car to take you anywhere as long as you call and book ahead of time and the rates are available based on destinations and time. You can even ask them to pick you up if you wish to stay out late in a bar. They are there on time. I can go to Kuta easy by taxi or motorbike if I want to go shopping or be at the beach where lots of people gather daily.

The architectural layout and design of villas creates space and lots of privacy, very special. It gives you the feeling of just being "at home" and not in a 4walled hotel room.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Women's Travel
  • Written May 3, 2013
Tip Photo

my vila's main private entrance

• CEP1863 profile photo CEP1863
  • Reviews: 207

Padang Bai Beach Resort: Good Location in Padangbai

The hotel is very conveniently located opposite the beach from which all the dive boats depart. It is also very close to the ferry terminal for the boats leaving for Lombok.

I stayed here for a week primarily to dive, many of the other people staying here seemed to be using it as an overnight stay before catching an early morning ferry to Lombok. The room was clean and spacious and equipped with a mini-fridge, TV and also had free wi-fi. The air-con was very efficient and kept the room lovely and cool. The local staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. My gripes about the room are relatively minor - the safe was very small (too small for an iPad) and the hot water seemed to be in short supply.

Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was basic but fresh. Juice was available but you had to ask for it and it was the same if you wanted milk to go into your tea or coffee. The big plus for me was the beautiful fresh bread rolls that were baked in the wood burning oven in the restaurant.

The pool is small but deep as it is primarily designed for teaching scuba diving skills and the area where there are sun beds is very small. If the pool is being used for scuba it is closed or use by anyone else which can be annoying, but given its size, is perfectly understandable. It was my intention to dive with Absolute Scuba, the dive centre attached to this resort but no-one ever replied to the emails that I sent them beforehand. On my first day there I did go into the dive shop which also doubled up as the resort reception but my enquiries were met with a very curt response and so I dived with Geko Divers instead.

Free wi-fi. Close to ferries to Lombok.

• Related to: Water Sports, Budget Travel
  • Written April 1, 2013

Padang Bai Beach Resort room

• SFHulaGIrl profile photo SFHulaGIrl
  • Reviews: 527

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Drupadi Studios: Drupadi Studios Will Rip You Off

I made a reservation at this place in Seminyak a few months in advance. 7-10 days before my stay, I asked if I could change my days (i.e. stay a few less days) or would there be any consequences, such as my deposit being forfeited. I said that if there were any consequences, then I couldn't change the reservation. The owner/manager (Rudy) replied that there was no deposit to return. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that until I arrived. When my friend & I arrived at the hotel, they said that they had NO room reserved for me. I had NOT changed my reservation, but they said that they had no room reserved for me & that my deposit would NOT be returned. In order for me to stay, I would still have to pay the full amount. Rather than stay, I called a friend, who found another villa for us at a slightly cheaper price, with much nicer facilities in the same area.

The people at reception were very nice; the owner was not nice via telephone or E-mail.

• Written February 6, 2013

• theo1006 profile photo theo1006
  • Reviews: 1001

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dhangin Taman Inn: Budget at Tirtagangga

For our 2011 (re)visit of Tirtagangga water garden we stayed at Dhangin Taman Inn, right by the entrance to the garden. Not for the quality of their rooms, but for old times sake. In 1970 it was the only accommodation available.

The owner has “upgraded” his property with weird sculptures and uneven tiled footpaths. The rooms are still basic and could do with more daylight. We took the room farthest from the entrance (Rp 150,000), treading carefully on the slanted tiles. Room prices include a satisfactory breakfast for two.

The best thing of Dhangin Taman Inn is the pavilion where you can have breakfast with a view of the water garden. But there is only one table, so you have to be there before other guests, else await your turn or sit in the restaurant.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 9, 2012

Dhangin Taman Inn - restaurant

• stamporama profile photo stamporama
  • Reviews: 208

Bali Rani Hotel: Right next to the Mall

It's an old hotel (circa 1980s) whose age is evident in the architecture and interior design. It has a leisure pool, restaurant, spa, wifi but no gym. It's a long walk to the beach but if you're not a beach person then it's non-issue. Their rates are quite costly, I think the place justifies them on the basis of location, location, location and not so much on the luxury of their amenities.

The place is very accessible to the the Discovery Mall which includes familiar restos like KFC, Burger King, Starbucks and stores like Lacoste, Quicksilver, etc. There are also numerous restaurants, bars, souvenir stores, massage centers, ATM stalls, along the entire length of the street.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 4, 2012

Hotel facade

• HebaM profile photo HebaM
  • Reviews: 125

hotel @ 36: I could not have asked for a better place to stay

I stayed 9 days at home@36 hotel (weird name don't you think) I decided to stay at that hotel for its strategic location it's inside Discovery shopping mall! As I thought it's a cool idea to stay in a mall, plus its only 10 minutes drive to Bali International Airport and 2 minute walk to Kuta beach. Good and convenience to walk to the beach and shopping street. It's very easy to find food, supermarket, ATM…etc

The hotel is new and cozy with a nice pool and private beach! Got 2 restaurants overlooking the beach, and as a guest I am entitled with %20 discount on anything i order:) one of them Ocean 27 serves the breakfast; it is really great to have your breakfast in a place with an awesome view! The breakfast is an open buffet with lots of varieties that suits all tastes and there's also a chef to make your eggs.

The staffs were absolutely fantastic, very very friendly! They make me feel so much welcome and would go out of their way to do absolutely anything for me! calling a taxi, make international call (international call from the hotel is very expensive don't recommend doing that unless its urgent) and most important they were very nice with my friends who wasn't guests (thanks home @36 staff. you guys rocks)

The room comes with great color and design, flat screen with satellite ( first time to stay in an hotel were TV is useful not just local channels), I liked the bathroom esp. the shower it was strong with radio which was quite cool , the room service was super , they provide 2 free bottles of water everyday

My whole experience at the hotel was just amazing. You can't ask for much more than that really.

Try to book via their website as it's cheaper if you booked early! I paid extra $50 USD at booking.com :( if only I knew that from the beginning

location , staff,

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Singles, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written August 18, 2012

RISATA Bali Resort & Spa-III: Taking the Lead Going Green

I have not talked about the cool blue pool of Risata, it's one of the very beautiful small pool, with excellent service. Since, we were traveling in a group with lots of sight seeing activity, there was very little time for the pool. But, myself and Munu decided to use the pool for sometime in the afternoon. After, returning from the beach activity , we just dipped in the cool blue pool of Risata.

The helpful staff at Risata, also helped us to get settled at the pool by providing us cool drinks immediately. It was a real nice experience for us.

• Related to: Photography, Family Travel
  • Written June 8, 2012

RISATA Bali Resort & Spa-II: Taking the Lead Going Green

We were so impressed by the Balinese people that we would like to come back again and perhaps if pocket permits we shall stay at Risata only.

Every morning the lady from a temple would come and perform Puja at the hotel. The hotel has several worship places. Please look at the lady with flowers in hand performing Puja at the temple near pool and even at reception.

• Written April 8, 2012

RISATA Bali Resort & Spa: Taking the Lead Going Green

This is a four star property with all the facilities a four star should have. It is just like a traditional Bali village, where time of the day is of no importance as they claim. How true it is. All the staffs know how to please the guests and make them come again and again. In fact, we made several friends there.

In our four nights stay there we really felt at home with their service, cleanliness and above all friendliness. Even the security staffs were very very friendly.

The Pandan Bali restaurant is just superb with full international cuisine , authentic Asian dishes. The swimming pool was ever enchanting!

The South Kuta Beach is very near from this place!

• Written April 8, 2012