The Laguna Resort & Spa

P.O. Box 77, (formerly Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua), Nusa Dua, Bali, 80363, Indonesia

The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Booking.com LuxuryCollection Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

PARADISE MEETS PARADISE.

MY WIFE AND I STAYED IN THE SHERATON LAGUNA FOR THREE WEEKS IN JULY 2006.
    THE HOTEL HAS JUST GONE THROUGH A MAJOR MULTI MILLION POUND MAKEOVER AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE RESULTS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD. BUT I ALSO SAY THIS WITH A HEAVY HEART AS IT IS UNLIKELY THAT WE COULD AFFORD TO STAY IN SUCH A PLACE AGAIN ONCE THE PRICES GO UP TO MATCH THE STUNNING WORK MANSHIP. THE FEAST FOR YOUR EYES BEGINS WITH THE OPEN AIR LOBBY AND CARRIES THROUGH TO THE VAST POOLS (LAGOONS)
    AND ONTO THE BEACH. THE ROOMS ARE LOVELY AND FINISHED TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD,
    WITH FEATURES SUCH AS A LARGE BATH , 42 INCH PLASMA TV AND DVD PLAYER, AND A HUGE CUSTOM MADE BED TO DIE FOR. THE WHOLE ROOM IS DONE IN A RICH BALINESE STYLE.
    AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND FROM SEPTEMBER 2006 THIS HOTEL WILL SIMPLY BE KNOWN AS
    "THE LAGUNA"
    **** FOR VIDEO'S OF THIS HOTEL CHECK-OUT MY HOME PAGE ****

Unique Quality: THE CLUE'S TO THIS HOTELS UNIQUE QUALITIES CAN BE FOUND IN ITS NAME.
    THE LAGUNA FEATURES WELL KEPT GARDENS AND VAST SWIMMABLE LAGOONS THAT CIRCLE THE HOTEL.THE ROOMS ON THE GROUND FLOOR HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE LAGOONS FROM YOUR PRIVATE BALCONY...NICE IF YOU DONT MIND THE EXTRA CHARGE. A NICE FEATURE OF THE THE POOLS IS THAT THEY ARE MADE LIKE A REAL BEACH WITH AN AREA OF SAND RUNNING INTO THE POOLS GIVING YOU THE FEELING OF ACTUALY WALKING INTO THE SEA WITHOUT THE FEAR OF STANDING ON ANY CORAL...NICE TOUCH.
    ANOTHER NICE TOUCH IS THE BALES SPREAD AROUND THE GROUNDS, THESE ARE LIKE LARGE FOUR POSTER BEDS WHERE YOU AND YOUR PARTNER CAN LAZE AND SIP A COCKTAIL AND THINK TO YOURSELF HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE IF IT WAS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME...BLISS.

Directions: IN NUSA DUA, SOUTH BALI. ABOUT 30 MINUTES BY TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT.

• anne77's Profile Photo

Nusa Dua Beach & Spa

We stayed in this hotel during our holidays in Bali last September. The hotel surroundings are beautiful and the staff was really nice and helpful. But ... you are in the Nusa Dua area and we kind of felt we were "parked" in the tourist area and Nusa Dua is further away from all the main attractions and things to see, so we ended up driving a lot to see the real Bali.

We would love to go back to Bali, but next time, we won't stay in the Nusa Dua area.

Unique Quality: Beautiful gardens, pool, great staff, etc. It's part of the "Leading Hotels of the World"

• Matravel's Profile Photo

Lavish Accomodation

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. The staff was extremely nice and efficient. Our room was spacious and comfortable. I must say that the bathroom was very clean and had good quality products (Which should be obvious in this kind of hotels, but trust me, I’ve been in quite a few that are just disgusting).
    The restaurants offer a variety of delicious dishes, but my favorite was breakfast..tons of fruit!!
    The gardens are very well kept. And it's always nice to suddenly bump into a God or Balinese artifact in the halls or somewhere in the premises.

Unique Quality: The 3 pools are beautiful. The Spa services are well done, I had a massage treatment in the beach with fresh native herbs, flowers and spices.
    We had the most delicious pizza one late night under the stars thanks to a very efficient staff member that oversaw closing hours.

• phillarkins's Profile Photo

Brilliant

This is fantastic place to stay if you want a relaxing holiday away from hustle and bustle of kuta. takes about 20 minute taxi drive to get into town.

Unique Quality: This place was fantastic. Great beach, great pools, great food, awesome bar in middle of pool. room was really comfortable, brekky was fantastic.

• leya's Profile Photo

This is a TRUE Vacation

When we first arrived (after 24 hours of traveling and flying), we went to the front desk. We were immediately asked to sit down and someone came and got our bags.
    A couple minutes later we were served cool, wet towels for our face and hands and served cold juice (we were never charged for this, it's just considered the normal check-in).
    My husband was so exhausted, he handed the man our airline itinierary (instead of hotel). The man just smiled and looked up our name using the wrong itinerary and checked us in anyway. We ventured to a few restaurants and found we loved the buffet in the morning (although a bit pricey at $15 per person) and all food served in the restaurant on the beach was WONDERFUL.

Unique Quality: Pools and landscaping were gorgeous.
    Service was outstanding.
    I think it was the best hotel we had seen in this area.

Food was always great.

Food and beverage vouchers can be purchased for $80US and redemed upon checkout for $100US. With the exchange rate it was a great deal. They were purchased at the restaurant cashier, but if you ask at the front desk they will show you.

Rooms were $100 per night for 2 people

• WoodyWoodpecker's Profile Photo

Pool on the beach

As the name says, the Lagoon is the major attraction of this resort.

A considerable size of what is normally a garden in a resort of this size, is a swimmable lagoon at the Sheraton. A few groundfloor rooms offer direct pool access from the balcony.
    We tried this once and it is fun, but obviousely offers a little less privacy as people swimming can nearly swim into your room. ;-)

The lagoon is so large that I've never seen it crowded, there's always plenty of ample space around. This also applies for the deck chairs.
    The beach in Nusa Dua is swimmable, but not really that great, so I think I used the pools/lagoons in about 95% of the time.

Restaurants are good, food prices for local food are good, western food comes with a western price tag.

Unique Quality: Huge freeform lagoon pools.

Directions: Nusa Dua (Tourist ONLY Area in the south of Bali)

• grassyknoll's Profile Photo

Simply the Best Spa Ever period.

The Nsua Dua was simply the best hotel that one could stay at. I didn't want to leave. But took taxis to the shopping and to the town. The town did seem dirty. But the area that I stayed at was very very very clean. The staff was great. And I have never had a better day spa experience. I went every day!!!!

Unique Quality: Pool was nice. But the spa services are par none above the rest. I have never ever had a better spa experience. I brought some orange diffuser oil back to remind me of the relaxation. I would defiantely recommned the long plane ride for this alone!!!!!! NO KIDDING

More about The Laguna Resort & Spa

Peaceful, Pampared and Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member californiaheart

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua for 4 nights. It was a wonderful place to stay, so peaceful and relaxing. Security was excellent on the grounds and outside of the hotel. Service was top notch and the hotel did not seem to be "cutting corners" even though the occupancy rate was only about 28%. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Check out the spa services; massages and facials were excellent. If you don't want to pay hotel prices for a massage, walk down the beach and have a slightly gritty one for a lot less! If you want to relax all day, get up slightly early and grab one of the "Bales" or outdoor majilis where you can enjoy the entire day, rain or shine. We felt like royalty!

Top of the Range Resort

My wife and I first went to Nusa Dua 3 years ago staying at the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel first, the next year we stayed at the Westin next door and this year we stayed at the Sheraton Laguna. We have travelled quite extensively in asia over the last 20 years and stayed in numerous resort hotels and we can say without doubt that the Sheraton Laguna is the best. We stayed for 10 nights in July/August this year.

A couple of pointers for anyone contemplating a stay at the Sheraton. Next door to the hotel is the Bali Melia and on the side adjoining the Sheraton they have some noisy fans going 24 hours a day, they are not a problem during the day but at night they are just loud enough to be a nuisance. This noise only affects the odd numbered rooms so ask for an even numbered room. I would also suggest that a room on the top floor (numbers beginning with 4) are the best. The rooms on the bottom floor have direct access to the pools but we live next to the ocean in Australia so having access to water was not a priority.

When we arrived we noticed the noise from the fans in the Bali Melia and we asked to move to a quieter room and they moved us without any fuss to room 410 which was a garden facing room. We loved this room, it was so quiet and we both felt relaxed and so comfortable, maybe one little grumble, the balcony was a bit on the small side (maybe we are a bit picky in our old age).

I have read most of the reviews on these pages and can only agree about the friendly staff, the excellent butler service, etc., yes the food is not cheap but it is prepared and presented to the highest international standards. There are several cheap restaurants outside the main Nusa Dua gate which is about 10 minutes walk away. I would add one more thing about the staff and that is that somehow they remember your preferences so you don't have to keep reminding them how you want things presented.

Any new visitors to Bali should spend time talking to the locals they are such a gentle friendly people with a very good sense of humour. They love nothing more than sitting down to talk to the tourists (they all want to learn another language), yes you do get hassled by some but they are trying to make a living in sometimes difficult circumstances and a firm polite no thank you will generally suffice. We spent quite a few happy hours "haggling" over tee shirts and little gifts at the market stalls and got to know several of the local stall holders.

Security is very visible during the day and night. All the major hotels have security gates and stop all cars and taxis not part of the hotel fleet.

We are already planning to go back to the Sheraton for our next holiday in April next year.

LAGUNA HOTEL BALILAGUNA HOTEL BALI

Possible VT Meet in Bali...? and some questions...

Greetings!
Anyone fancy a VT gathering in Bali from the 26-29 June (this coming weekend!)?
Will be staying at Nusa Dua.

How long will it take to travel from Nusa Dua to Gunung Batur?

Attire-wise, as for going about the island (except temple-visiting) in shorts... is it culturally acceptable? Guidebooks have advised against it. What say you?

Cheers

by suzyq40

Im not sure what guide books you are reading, but in Kuta or most of Bali, it is pretty acceptable to wear very little at all, most of the time I walked around in bikini top and board shorts

by vigi

Which guide book you use?

by arinizy

That's too bad.. will be in Bali later.. July 8..:)

Have a great stay then!!

by sadityastk

dear Andy

you can travel around Bali in shorts.
at the entrance of a temple, they provide a sarong for the visitor who are wearing short to put on. Just wrap around the sarong and tie tightly.
If you wear long pant or skirt, you still have to put on a selendang (provided at the entrance). Selendang is a piece of clothe, width around 20 cm and the length about 1.5 meter.
When you leave the temple, return the sarong n the selendang.

Gunung Batur is Kintamani lake. to travel from Nusa dua is about 2 hours

regards
susanti - live in Jakarta

by leonik

Hello and thanks so much for your kind replies guys!

suzyg40, vigi: Can't remember where i've read it in... but i'm just a tad worried it may be culturally-insensitive to do so... although i'm quite sure it's nothing to worry about. Thanks for confirming!

sadityaskt: Thanks for your information on the duration to get to Gunung Batur... :-)

watarimono & arinizy: what a shame we wouldn't be able to meet up! anyhow, do have a great trip guys. :-) planning on dropping by singapore?

Have a superb weekend all!

by indoguy

yeh i guess i'll still be here in bali that time....but i'm in kuta...will come to kuta or just tell me where in nusa will you be!
lets meet....

hello Andri!
great to hear from you!
will be staying at sheraton laguna nusa dua...
don't have a contact at the moment...
hmm... what do you suggest? ;-)

anyone else coming to this meet?

Comments