The Laguna Resort & Spa

See Amenities
wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

PARADISE MEETS PARADISE.

by written on August 24, 2006

MY WIFE AND I STAYED IN THE SHERATON LAGUNA FOR THREE WEEKS IN JULY 2006.
THE HOTEL HAS JUST GONE THROUGH A MAJOR MULTI MILLION POUND MAKEOVER AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE RESULTS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD. BUT I ALSO SAY THIS WITH A HEAVY HEART AS IT IS UNLIKELY THAT WE COULD AFFORD TO STAY IN SUCH A PLACE AGAIN ONCE THE PRICES GO UP TO MATCH THE STUNNING WORK MANSHIP. THE FEAST FOR YOUR EYES BEGINS WITH THE OPEN AIR LOBBY AND CARRIES THROUGH TO THE VAST POOLS (LAGOONS)
AND ONTO THE BEACH. THE ROOMS ARE LOVELY AND FINISHED TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD,
WITH FEATURES SUCH AS A LARGE BATH , 42 INCH PLASMA TV AND DVD PLAYER, AND A HUGE CUSTOM MADE BED TO DIE FOR. THE WHOLE ROOM IS DONE IN A RICH BALINESE STYLE.
AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND FROM SEPTEMBER 2006 THIS HOTEL WILL SIMPLY BE KNOWN AS
"THE LAGUNA"
**** FOR VIDEO'S OF THIS HOTEL CHECK-OUT MY HOME PAGE ****

Unique Quality: THE CLUE'S TO THIS HOTELS UNIQUE QUALITIES CAN BE FOUND IN ITS NAME.
THE LAGUNA FEATURES WELL KEPT GARDENS AND VAST SWIMMABLE LAGOONS THAT CIRCLE THE HOTEL.THE ROOMS ON THE GROUND FLOOR HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE LAGOONS FROM YOUR PRIVATE BALCONY...NICE IF YOU DONT MIND THE EXTRA CHARGE. A NICE FEATURE OF THE THE POOLS IS THAT THEY ARE MADE LIKE A REAL BEACH WITH AN AREA OF SAND RUNNING INTO THE POOLS GIVING YOU THE FEELING OF ACTUALY WALKING INTO THE SEA WITHOUT THE FEAR OF STANDING ON ANY CORAL...NICE TOUCH.
ANOTHER NICE TOUCH IS THE BALES SPREAD AROUND THE GROUNDS, THESE ARE LIKE LARGE FOUR POSTER BEDS WHERE YOU AND YOUR PARTNER CAN LAZE AND SIP A COCKTAIL AND THINK TO YOURSELF HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE IF IT WAS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME...BLISS.

Directions: IN NUSA DUA, SOUTH BALI. ABOUT 30 MINUTES BY TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT.

anne77's Profile Photo

Nusa Dua Beach & Spa

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 21, 2006

We stayed in this hotel during our holidays in Bali last September. The hotel surroundings are beautiful and the staff was really nice and helpful. But ... you are in the Nusa Dua area and we kind of felt we were "parked" in the tourist area and Nusa Dua is further away from all the main attractions and things to see, so we ended up driving a lot to see the real Bali.

We would love to go back to Bali, but next time, we won't stay in the Nusa Dua area.

Unique Quality: Beautiful gardens, pool, great staff, etc. It's part of the "Leading Hotels of the World"

Matravel's Profile Photo

Lavish Accomodation

by written on October 13, 2005

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. The staff was extremely nice and efficient. Our room was spacious and comfortable. I must say that the bathroom was very clean and had good quality products (Which should be obvious in this kind of hotels, but trust me, I’ve been in quite a few that are just disgusting).
The restaurants offer a variety of delicious dishes, but my favorite was breakfast..tons of fruit!!
The gardens are very well kept. And it's always nice to suddenly bump into a God or Balinese artifact in the halls or somewhere in the premises.

Unique Quality: The 3 pools are beautiful. The Spa services are well done, I had a massage treatment in the beach with fresh native herbs, flowers and spices.
We had the most delicious pizza one late night under the stars thanks to a very efficient staff member that oversaw closing hours.

phillarkins's Profile Photo

Brilliant

by written on July 28, 2005

This is fantastic place to stay if you want a relaxing holiday away from hustle and bustle of kuta. takes about 20 minute taxi drive to get into town.

Unique Quality: This place was fantastic. Great beach, great pools, great food, awesome bar in middle of pool. room was really comfortable, brekky was fantastic.

leya's Profile Photo

This is a TRUE Vacation

by written on January 27, 2005

When we first arrived (after 24 hours of traveling and flying), we went to the front desk. We were immediately asked to sit down and someone came and got our bags.
A couple minutes later we were served cool, wet towels for our face and hands and served cold juice (we were never charged for this, it's just considered the normal check-in).
My husband was so exhausted, he handed the man our airline itinierary (instead of hotel). The man just smiled and looked up our name using the wrong itinerary and checked us in anyway. We ventured to a few restaurants and found we loved the buffet in the morning (although a bit pricey at $15 per person) and all food served in the restaurant on the beach was WONDERFUL.

Unique Quality: Pools and landscaping were gorgeous.
Service was outstanding.
I think it was the best hotel we had seen in this area.

Food was always great.

Food and beverage vouchers can be purchased for $80US and redemed upon checkout for $100US. With the exchange rate it was a great deal. They were purchased at the restaurant cashier, but if you ask at the front desk they will show you.

Rooms were $100 per night for 2 people

WoodyWoodpecker's Profile Photo

Pool on the beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 12, 2004

As the name says, the Lagoon is the major attraction of this resort.

A considerable size of what is normally a garden in a resort of this size, is a swimmable lagoon at the Sheraton. A few groundfloor rooms offer direct pool access from the balcony.
We tried this once and it is fun, but obviousely offers a little less privacy as people swimming can nearly swim into your room. ;-)

The lagoon is so large that I've never seen it crowded, there's always plenty of ample space around. This also applies for the deck chairs.
The beach in Nusa Dua is swimmable, but not really that great, so I think I used the pools/lagoons in about 95% of the time.

Restaurants are good, food prices for local food are good, western food comes with a western price tag.

Unique Quality: Huge freeform lagoon pools.

Directions: Nusa Dua (Tourist ONLY Area in the south of Bali)

grassyknoll's Profile Photo

Simply the Best Spa Ever period.

by written on September 10, 2004

The Nsua Dua was simply the best hotel that one could stay at. I didn't want to leave. But took taxis to the shopping and to the town. The town did seem dirty. But the area that I stayed at was very very very clean. The staff was great. And I have never had a better day spa experience. I went every day!!!!

Unique Quality: Pool was nice. But the spa services are par none above the rest. I have never ever had a better spa experience. I brought some orange diffuser oil back to remind me of the relaxation. I would defiantely recommned the long plane ride for this alone!!!!!! NO KIDDING

Nearby The Laguna Resort & Spa

The Laguna Resort & Spa

• Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
  • The Laguna Hotel
  • The Laguna, A Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
  • The Laguna, A Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua

Address: P.O. Box 77, (formerly Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua), Nusa Dua, Bali, 80363, Indonesia

11 Photos of The Laguna Resort & Spa

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bali Travel Forum

Need advice about Bali, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Bali and ask our Answer Gurus.

Top Bali hotels

Bintang Beer
Beers in Indonesia
Indonesian Cigarettes
Favorites
Indonesian Budget Mini Cigar (Macho Brand)
Local Customs
Indonesian Clove Cigarettes (Kretek)
Local Customs
Arak (local moonshine or liqour)
Walking In Kuta Area
Balinese Cuisine
Babi Guling
Civet Cat Coffee Comparison
Favorites
Kopi Luwak (Civet Cat Coffee)