Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa

AYANA Resort and Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort & Spa

Fancy getting married in Bali?

by Restless-in-kl

If you do, check out the little chapel at Ritz Carlton Bali. It's a beautiful glass structure set in the gardens of the hotel overlooking the Indian Ocean and it looks stunning at night too. There's also a quaint bridal shop too in case you want to suddenly tie the knot here!

Oceanside dining

by Restless-in-kl about Sami Sami @ Ritz Carlton Bali (Jimbaran)

I have been yearning from lemongrass ice cream ever since I first tried it when I stayed at Ritz Carlton Bali. So during my recent visit, I had to have it.

The hotel has not changed at all - it's still as beautiful as ever especially the Sami Sami restaurant. We chose to sit at the pavillion overlooking the Indian Ocean. Though it was a hot sunny day, there was an ever present breeze that cools us down a little bit.

Food and service at Sami Sami were wonderful and the lemongrass ice cream is as food as ever! Lemongrass ice cream yum! It's an acquired taste though as my American friend did not fancy it :-)

It’s Martini Time!

by balisunshine about The Ritz Carlton Bali Resort & Spa in Jimbaran

Try visiting the chic Martini Club at
The Ritz Carlton Bali Resort & Spa in Jimbaran.

The Master Mixologost,
Laval Lim-Hon who has exclusively created
35 modern martinis all for you,
‘just right’ to enliven your senses.

Each individual Martini costs 85,000 Rp. or
at 150,000 Rp you can get The Martini Club Assiette
which allows you to choose any 3 Martinis from their 36 mixes.

Pick from their Top Shelf Martinis such as
the Classic Martini, for the Perfect Martin.

Lets get down and Dirty Martini,
with the adventurous 007 Martini!

Want to be healthy with the Lemon Grass Martini?

Try getting Zesty Martini,
by picking from the Peach Tree Martini
a fruity Mangotin, Cherrytini, Lycheetini or Strawberry Martini
How Tropical Fling Martini, can that be?

Go back in history with the Madame du Barry Martini.

Nothing is as sweet as the Chocotini,
or the reverse, Vanilla Martini,

Even those who are Nutty-Tini
may prefer the Citrus Martini
with the Lemon Drop Martini,

My! So many martinis to choose from,
deserve a Pink Orchid Martni!

Have fun tasting all those yummy Martinis!

But don’t forget the Anis Martini

O.K. I’m out of here to New York Martini,
and then Milano Martini.
See you there!

Martinis are mixed with Gin or Vodka.

Best in Bali

by TripAdvisor Member balimontana

During 2003 - 2004 I had the pleasure of living in the Ritz Carlton Bali for nine months while constructing my own private villa property in Bali.

Simply put, the Ritz Carlton Bali is the best hotel on the island. The villas at the Ritz Carlton are large and very well appointed. The 24 hour Butler service offered to villa guests is beyond compare. The Butlers will bend over backwards to fulfill special requests and take great pride in their job.

Since I have a vacation home in Bali, I know most all of the luxury hotels on the island and know their villas. The Ritz Carlton villas are the nicest and offer the best service and best value for money in my opinion.

The spa at the Ritz Carlton Bali is the best I've ever been to with the Spa at the Grand Wailea in Maui running a distant second. The Ritz Carlton Bali spa features a huge Thalassotherapy pool which after two hours leaves you more relaxed and refreshed than imaginable. The spa facility is very large and luxurious.

Dining too is a delight with recently opened Aqua and Padi Thai restaurant offering world class dining within the resort facility.

The resort does offer regular rooms and suites. I recommend these if you are on a budget and still want to experience the amazing facilities of the hotel. The suites in particular offer great value for money. The classic Ritz Carlton Club Lounge is on offer here and the Club Lounge in Bali compares very favorably to other Ritz Carlton Clubs with ample and delicious food and beverage presentations on offer 5 times daily. The Club Lounge and Suites offer great value for money.

Highly recommended for a very memorable vacation! It was an amazing experience living in this property for nine months.

Wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member TripmemberLondon

The moment you enter the hotel you have the most amazing view in front of you. This is one of the best things with Ritz-Carlton, Bali. There are a few rooms with a view of the town and the airport which is not very nice, but apart from that the view, and especially at sunset, is just incredible.
Yes, the location is a bit remote, but for me that is just a good thing. The public spaces are wonderful and the rooms are nice. The beach is a bit far from the main buildings but is visually stunning. The service was not really up to Ritz-Carlton standard at all times, but it was ok. Food and drinks are quite pricey in balinese terms. The pool areas are lovely but could be a bit crowded at times. There were two restaurants serving breakfast but some mornings we still had to wait to get a table, and they had some problems keeping the buffet in order. The spa was great.
In conclusion, a very nice place.

Ritz Splendor in Bali

by william_navigator about Ritz Carlton Resort & Spa

Set high up on a cliff above Jimbaran Bay, the hotel brings Ritz Carlton indulgence to the mystique of Bali. There was an abundance of restuarants to choose from at the hotel with all kinds of different cuisines. There is not really a proper beach at this hotel but you can walk down numerous steps to a secluded beach. Lush grounds exude zen with tropical plants and water effects abundantly scattered over the grounds. 2 leveled edgeless pool. I enjoyed playing the 18 hole putting course on the grounds. The spa complex is spectacular, with numerous treatment services and a large seawater therapy pool.

BEST VALUE LUXURIOUS RESORT

by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly about RITZ-CARLTON JIMBARAN

RITZ CARLTON JIMBARAN is dramatically situated on a bluff overlooking the Indian Ocean in Jimbaran Bay (just several blocks before The Four Seasons Jimbaran Resort). The beauty of this resort is on the same level of other Bali's luxurious resorts I've ever experienced. Need no more words to describe!

Perhaps the only reason that made this resort different from others is the room rates.
In 1998 I was offered a room for about US$165 per night (could not remember the exact number!). I personally think the rooms rates are still make sense compared to other luxurious resorts (which charged at least US$1,200 per night) on the same area and offers more or less luxury and beauty with quite similar service and facilites. two-tiered outdoor swimming pool
huge saltwater aquarium

Kick Back and Relax Your Days Away

by TripAdvisor Member Crosby1

My wife and I have just returned to Vancouver, Canada on October 1st from five days at the Ritz-Carlton, Bali; just one day after the bombs went off on the island, so our hearts go out to the Balinese and tourists alike who were killed or injured in the two, separate areas of Bali.

It is hard to write about such an idyllic place when there has been recent violence but we would certainly return to support the Balinese who made our stay so wonderful and to enjoy what has to be one of the best managed five-star resort hotels in Asia-Pacific. It is important to note that the Ritz Carlton Hotel is a fully secured site. When we arrived at the hotel, guards stopped our taxi (and other cars too) at the main gate and checked the under the cars using mirrors before allowing vehicles to proceed down a very long entrance driveway to where we were greeted by the friendly and helpful staff of the hotel.

I would encourage anyone staying at the Ritz-Carlton Bali to pay the extra hundred dollars a day and get a room in the Club Level. Our room looked out over the ocean (a distance away) but was spacious, immaculate and beautiful. We were escorted to our room and the bath tub was filled with fragrant flowers floating in water (the entire guest room is fully marbled to keep things crisp and cool and ensures there is no mildew from the humdity)and there were also flower petals laid out on the bed along with robes and slippers by the side of the bed. Fresh fruit was waiting along with a note from the management about how the Club Room offered tennis and the special mini-golf at no charge, along with some discounts on dry-cleaning (a must in humid Bali).

The real value, though, is in the Club Lounge where each morning you are greeted by name, taken to a table in the air-conditioned Lounge and then have a choice of fruit, cereals, various breads and croissants plus your own chef preparing omlettes. If you are Asian, there is a special buffet available too. The Lounge offers snacks near Noon, Afternoon Tea (with finger sandwiches and scones plus fruit) and evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres and a late night snack too. Great if you want a cold bottle of water or juice anytime of the day given it is so hot (30+C)and humid.

We had dinner at all the restaurants on-site except the Japanese spot which seemed over-priced. Dava is very modern and minimalist while Sami-Sami and Padi are outdoors, very romantic and all have wonderful food. Try the Martini Bar adjacent to Dava and watch the sun go down.

Prices are good in terms of international hotels. Maybe a bit more expensive that other places in Bali but let me assure you the attention to detail is amazing and the food is truly outstanding.

The pool areas (there are actually three on site) are great and the view from the main infinity pool is truly amazing. The Spa is is wonderful and how can anyone not try a real Balinese massage given by a person who grew up on Bali and who truly cares about their work.

More than anything though are the service levels. Lots of staff who are eager to please and who go out of their way to make sure you are happy. Even the fellow pushing the laundry cart down the corridor says hello and asks how you are this morning/afternoon...and he is sincere. Wouldn't it be nice to have such attentive service in North America? We took a 6-hour tour using a hotel car and driver (ask for Peno, he is wonderful) and it only costs $15 per hour and it was worth every penny given the way people drive on Bali and how Peno takes you off the beaten path to the less commercial part of Bali.

Finally, I realize this kind of hotel experience is not for everyone. We went after attending business meetings in Kuala Lumpur, so our desire was for five days of reading books, relaxing and not climbing into the hills of Bali. If you want night-life then this is not the place. If, however, you want a first-class hotel with all the trimmings, then this is the place to go. You will be treated right and want to return as the staff waves 'good-bye' to you as you head back to the airport.

disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member JFsTravels

We stayed here in June and like others thought we were pampering ourselves during the first 5 days of our two week honeymoon. The Ritz was our least favorite hotel/villa.
The rooms are small and even the 'deluxe ocean view' room is so far from the ocean that the view is not dramatic. In our room we heard the ladies upstairs stomping around in heels nightly on the marble floors.
There is no real beach at this hotel. The beach is down 200+ stairs next to a lagoon/swamp and it is tiny. We spent all our time at the pool (except for one day we walked the stairs for exercise).
Also, this place is a favorite of Japanese tourists. They come in by the bus full (literally). Our experience at the buffet breakfast every morning was that they weren't too fond of westerners. I will say the food at the breakfast was amazing if you are adventurous with asian cuisine.
There are so many beautiful villas in Bali with more of less the same service that you will find at the Ritz for the same price our less. I would have never stayed at the Ritz or any hotel had I known that I could have a private pool in an enclosed villa in Nusa or Seminyak for the same price or less - including at 24x7 butler.

Did Not Meet Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member scottandjian

My wife and I stayed a single night out of a planned five nights.

What we liked were the immaculate grounds, spacious and beautiful. Palm trees, flowers, and well attended landscaping. We liked the room itself, very clean, upgraded bedding, large bathroom and lots of marble. We had booked a 'deluxe ocean view'.

What we did not like was the marble floors that clicked clacked with each step of the guests above us, well into the night. The 'ocean view' is some far off stretch of blue several hundred yards from our room. The breakfast buffet was ordinary, not bad, but Holiday Inn level. You had better like laying around the pool, because the strip of sand that substitues for a beach lies 5 flights of stairs up and down the cliff to reach it. The 'beach' also has a bad habit of being completely submerged at high tide.

The cliffside villas would be a more pleasurable experience but are pricey plus 21% service charge and tax.

We left after the first night and went to the Sheraton Laguna @ Nusa Dua. That was less expensive, had a real beach, and more fun as we could jump into the lagoon right from our room level deck.

Chapel at Ritz Carlton BaliChapel at Ritz Carlton Bali

Bali in May

by DDuran

I am honeymooning in Bali this month. Has anyone stayed in Jimbaran that can give me any advice. Is it a nice quiet place to stay? Any good (reasonably priced) hotels on the beach? Or would Sanur be a better place to stay for my first night in Bali ? Also, what can I expect for weather?

Thanks!

Re: Bali in May

by xaver

The weather should be fine and, in Jimbaran do not miss the dinner on the beach, it's a cool experience and also romantic.
Corra

Re: Re: Bali in May

by Geisha_Girl

I agree with Corra.

Jimbaran is a total "resort" area.....I remember it being very quiet, and very secluded. It's home to some of the most exclusive hotels on the island (The Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton are located there).

The best part of the area is dining at the restaurants right on the beach.......watching the sunset and dining on lobster and all the spicy Indonesian delicacies was a treat!

If you're looking for more "reasonaby" priced hotels, then, yes...Sanur has some good ones. That area is an "older" resort area. Hotels such as the Bali Hyatt are located there.

Another place with decent hotels (but nice and quiet area) is Nusa Dua.

The hotels I've stayed at in Bali are the Ritz Carlton, Bali Hyatt, and the Grand Hyatt Resort. All had excellent rooms and impeccable service.

The prices for these hotels were quite reasonable at the time, as the US dollar was very strong there.

Hope this helps.

You're going to love Bali for your honeymoon!

Congratulations!

G_G

9 nights in bali

by Crispy3

Hello everyone, I am planning a trip for my wife and I + another couple to Bali
We will spend 9 nights and it will be our first time in Bali.

We are not really into drinking or clubbing and would like to focus on excursions and the beach if possible. I hope to spend half of our time in Ubud and half of our time near a beach.

I am considering the Bali Masari Villa Resort for my stays in Ubud, and Ayodya/Hai Tide Huts. Please give me inputs if these are good places to stay and what activities are near these Hotels/Villas.

-John

by ahmadus91

Hi John,

How r u? My name is Ahmad Usman and I have a friend who has travel agent. His name is Mr. Badar and you may contact him by chatting and ask any information you need in Bali. IT'S FOR FREE & you do not have to book your hotel from him.

I was in Bali 2 weeks ago and he recommended me 5* hotel in Jimbaran (Ayana resort & Spa Bali) and in Nusa Dua area (Westin Hotel).These 2 hotels are too expensive and the area is silent (not crowded. If you have small children, they will enjoy staying in Hard Rock Hotel (beach area).

To contact my friend you may visit his website :www. pesonawisatatour.com.

Goodluck..bye2

by herb-sleben

hey john, i mean Bali Mesari Villa is not in Ubud area but in Sukawati area.

About near villa from the beach i mean Ayodya more lux than Hai Tide Huts in Nusa lembongan. But Hai tide hust offer quite beach to you and nice view.

good luck

by Crispy3

I can't get Hai Tide Huts to get back to me...
I know that Masari is in between Ubud and Sanur, are there a lot to do around?

Thanks,

by nickolchick

Hi, I've been 4 times and my last visit was last Nov/Dec.
Make sure you take yourselves to Safari Park, it is awesome! You'll need a driver (pay him about $150,000Rp)to take you for a full day, take towels and sunscreen. They have side show rides /animals and pools, resturants/cafes. I loved it! They put on shows with elephants and you can have your photo taken with a lion or a baby monkey. Its a beautiful place and a must see for all! Im going back in Sept and will definately go again.The scenery is beauitful and theres so much to see there.
Also if in Kuta go eat at Bubba Gumps Shrimp place, a good fun experience.
Shopping at Legian markets is much less hassle from the locals to buy stuff.Enjoy have fun

Comments