Jl. Raya Bunutan, Karangasem, 80852, Indonesia

PoolPool

Travel Tips for Karangasem

Scenic landscape

by kyoub

If you have never been to the east side of Bali. I would suggest getting a car with driver and driving around the county side and through the small villages I enjoyed the small unspoiled villages, paddy- field scenery and exciting mountain views.

Take your polish remover pads

by kyoub

Don't forget your sarongs. You never know when you may want to visit a temple and you must wear proper dress. They make great cover-ups for the pool also.
Wear shoes that slip on and off easily. I forgot to take my nail polish remover pads with me. We stopped at every shop, market, store on the east side of Bali without finding any. Either remember yours or don't wear polish.

The other side of Bali

"Mountains and beaches"

The east coast of Bali is my favorite place to relax. It is only a three hour drive from the airport but you will leave most of the tourists behind.
You will see Bali's highest and most revered mountain Gunung Agung, historical
water palace ruins, temples, and black-sand beaches lined with colorful fishing boats.

"Beautiful landscapes"

Some of the most beautiful terraced rice paddies can be seen on drives here.
You can get a car with driver or you could ride a bike but the mountains are steep in places.

"Fishing village"

The sleepy fishing village of Amed (Lipah) is where I love to stay. Breath in the seaside air, relax on the warm black-sand, go for a swim or snorkel in the quiet waters. My favorite sight is watching the colorful fishing boats coming back to shore with their fresh catch. You will be sure to see them because the roosters will make sure you wake up early.

Colorful fishing boats

"Aa sea of color"

The black-sand beaches are lined with colorful fishing boats. The fishermen go out to see in the late evening or very early morning to get their catch for the day.
As the sun is rising you can see the boats returning to shore. Every sail has a different pattern and color, turning the sea into a coat of many colors.

"Custom"

I have always wondered why there are so many colors and designs.
My theory is that is the way their wives/girlfriends can spot them when they are on their way home.

"Fishermen"

The soil is very poor in this area of Bali so most of the villagers turn to the sea to make a living. When I see them coming back to shore, I hope that they had a very good night.

"Beautiful sight"

This is one of my favorite sights that I have seen out of all my traveling.

Comments