Kintamani Hotels

Our Members Say

• hana_aya profile photo hana_aya
  • Reviews: 74

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lake View Hotel and restautant: Place for relaxing

I think they should change name to Fantatic view Hotel because the view that i found when i got there is Incredible beautiful and i also feel cool wind even in the noon of summer day.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written June 25, 2004
Tip Photo

• chrisvandenbroucke profile photo chrisvandenbroucke
  • Reviews: 1149

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Windu Sara: One of the best of our life

The most expensive for us, backpackers, at 100.000 Rps a night.
But what a fantastic sight over Gunung and Lake Batur.
Lovely room with new bathroom (owels, soap, mirror), clean sheets and a private terrace.
Room service

• Marjara profile photo Marjara
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lakeview Hotel: Fantastic View of Lake and Mt. Batur

The hotel is the first one when you enter the Batur area just before the road descends to the lake. In the general area of Kintamani, the hotel is located in the village of Penelokan. There were other hotels further down close to Kesdian and as far as Toya Bungkah but Lakeview afforded the most scenic view of the lake and the mountains surrounding it. It was because of that the hotel was so pricey. It was, I believe, the most expensive hotel in the entire Kintamani area. A room could cost as much as a hundred dollars. The service was very good. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel, which was also more expensive than the restaurants that you can find in the immediate vicinity but the price was not justified by the quality. There were tables on the balcony for days when the weather was good. Breakfast was served in two places. For those who preferred the local food were served a buffet breakfast in the restaurant and the western style breakfast was served in the lobby area. The quality of the food was very good. The rooms were spacious enough and there was a balcony opening towards the lake. The bathroom had only shower with plenty of hot water even at three in the morning. It had free wi-fi which worked only in the lobby and the restaurant. The room had a safe but it did not work. There is hardly any night-life in the town or in the hotel.

I stayed in this hotel because I liked its location and the view of the lake and the mountain. I would recommend the hotel to those who like a hotel with a view but for those who couldn't care less, I would suggest that they go down towards the lake and look for some other hotel, which might have similar amenities but a much lower price.

The staff was very courteous and helpful in providing whatever you need. However, it was in a great location and had a fantastic view of the lake which one can watch for hours since its look changes constantly as the clouds passover it and the mist hangs over it.

• Written February 27, 2012

• gortoa10 profile photo gortoa10
  • Reviews: 4

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lakeview Hotel: Lakeview Hotel - average with a great view

We stayed one night in the Lakeview hotel.
The bedrooms and toilet are basic - just about clean enough.
The food is quite poor , but at the time (late Nov) of our visit very few alternatives were open, and those that were open were genuinely dirty.
The price is too high for what you get, but nowhere else in Penelokan was open - if we had known there was alternative accommodation down in the crater, we would have tried there instead.
The view from the rooms is, as suggested by others, very good indeed. And from the exterior, the hotel is quite attractive - I doubt there is anywhere better in Penelokan.
The hotel charges in US dollars, which I think is a cheek.
I'm rating this hotel as overall "average". That is "average for out-of-season undeveloped tourist-traps in Indonesia", which equates to very poor elsewhere - had this hotel been in Kuta it would get a lower rating. And if it were not for the fact that in the days preceeding our visit we had stayed in some genuinely poor places elsewhere, I expect I would rate it lower.

• Written December 13, 2007