Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban, Legian, Kuta, Bali, 80361, Indonesia

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Arfah's Profile Photo

Nice paintings in my room...

Unique Quality: There're many paintings around the hotel. Mostly are quite amusing. One of many...is the one in our room...it was placed inside our toilet...as we enter the toilet...the portait of a lady welcomes us. We found it bold...impressive and unique. We like it at the moment we saw it. This painting sort of 'provoked' us to get paintings as well as souvenir to take home. As a result...we went shopping for paintings on one of the days.

• Arfah's Profile Photo

Comfy room...clean and well kept

The room was ok...despite the not so impressive interior. It was clean...comfortable and well kept. However, since it's a big hotel...the housekeeping took longer time to get to the room...our room was only done in the very late afternoon...but that's not really a problem since we're not there all the time.

Unique Quality: Having breakfast here was nice...located at an open area near a fish pond...with ocean view as well...variety of food to choose from.

Hubby and me got a 1 hour complimentary foot massage...in the comfort of our own room. It was a nice massage. I guess Balinese are really good at massaging...there's no pain at all. After a few days of walking...exploring some places in Bali...getting a foot massage was really relieving.

Typical big hotel...

For a big hotel like this with the entrance looking so grand...the interior and exterior of the room n the hotel surrounding was definitely not impressive at all. It's like a place without a soul...empty...no identity. There're no amusing landscape...interior of the room was typical as well...I think they tried to make it look simple n exclusive...but it doesn't really work. For such a big hotel...I believe they can do better...with a little bit of creativity and hardwork of course.

• Arfah's Profile Photo

Hotel with many coconut trees...

Unique Quality: I like the view...though I had to struggle seeing it in between those trees. Perhaps they should've planted not so tall trees. If not for the trees blocking my view...the stay here would've been much better.

• Arfah's Profile Photo

Such a big hotel...near to shopping mall

My stay here was ok. Room was comfortable...services was nice...there were a wide selection of buffet for breakfast that come with a nice view.

Unique Quality: There's nothing so unique about this hotel. It's just like any other typical big hotels. Me and hubby chosed to stay here simply because it's near to the beach...not that we wanted to surf or do other water activity...only to have the nice view and just to be near to the beach.

The room we had was an Ocean Facing Room...located on the 4th floor. Well, I wouldn't say it was a really good room with ocean view...coz the view was mostly blocked by huge trees. We could see the ocean though...in between all the trees and leaves...

I supposed the two things I like about this place...it's very near to the beach and shopping mall is adjacent to the hotel. Other street shopping places were also nearby. Bali Waterbom Park n Spa located only 20 metres from the hotel...restaurants n other entertainment places were also within walking distance from the hotel.

More about Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali

info on Bali,safety,tips

by sheila1158

Any tips for a first time traveler? Best places to surf? stay?

RE: info on Bali,safety,tips

Hi

What's your budget?

by sheila1158

I would say modest. Want to stay somewhere clean and moderately comfortable. Obviuosly not to far from surfing. Thanks!
Are there safety issues to be aware of?

by worldinabag

Bali Belly, don't drink the water! When showering don't get it in your mouth or up your nose. Use bottled water even for brushing your teeth. I know I'm a little too cautious but have heard too many stories and have experienced the "trots" in Thailand.

There is a popular surf spot near Ulawatu(?). Sorry not a surfer - don't know a lot about this. Ask your taxi driver to take you to Dreamland, near Ulawatu. No surf but good beach to chill out on with a Bintang (local beer).

You may want to post again for places to stay - but you really need to state your budget in $$$ terms. Sounds like the Kuta area is what you're after. Try to Google Kuta Hotels

Cheers

RE: info on Bali,safety,tips

by MeToTheWorld

I think Kuta beach, Bali is the best choice for you - 1st time traveler.
lots of backpacker, surf, cheap hotel & easy to get food, information too.

by sheila1158

Thank you for the help! Is there a dramatic difference in hotels there prices and qualitiy and cleanliness? In the states I usually stay in a 3 star hotel hopefully for about 80 to 100 dollars a night. Would you have an idea of how to make a comparable decision? Definitely am a newbie at this! HA! Do you reccomend looking via internet or travel agency? Also how does one locate a guide and what type of money are we talking?

Hi

US$100 should get you something really good. Again just Google for hotels. Be careful about getting something cheap. A friend of mine is in Bali right now. The first day they checked out of their "bargain" hotel in disgust and booked into another one.

As for guides, don't worry they'll find you! Otherwise for a day trip I used Wayan Sucita Ph 081 239 79173 or (0361) 751381. He speaks English well and has a nice 4WD with aircon. He's about 450,000 rupiah. He'll take you anywhere you want to go. I went to the north of the island (Lofina was nice - he can take you to a nice restaurant next to the beach there). Have a look at Ubud too.

Again about Bali Belly. We ate mainly at the Discovery Kartika Plaza in Kuta. They have theme nights. Loved the BBQ on the beach. US$15 plus drinks. Unreal!

Have fun

by sheila1158

Thank you for all the insight!

Advice on food

by Edy8

We will be travelling to Bali during the Lunar New Year season. We wonder if getting Chinese food a problem then. What do you suggest? Any leads on restaurant will be helpful. Btw we will be staying in a Villa. Thank you in advance.

Re: Advice on food

by meiyergani

You could easily find Chinese food in Bali along Kuta Area, Legian, Kartika Plaza street or Denpasar downtown. Gani Bogor

Re: Advice on food

by Edy8

Thank you Meiyergani for your response.
As we will be staying in a villa, we are concerned about getting fresh produce for cooking, that is, we decided to cook ourselves a storm, hehe!

Comments