Grand Istana Rama Hotel

Jalan Pantai Kuta, Kuta Beach Rd., Kuta, Bali, 80032, Indonesia

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Good location,friendly staff, good value

We were first time visitors to Bali & were impressed with GIRH .Whilst the hotel may appear a little tired at first glance it was clean & tidy & the staff were very friendly.We stayed for 1 week in August 2010
    The location was good we sat & watched the surfers whilst we ate breakfast.It was a short walk to the shopping area.
    Our only criticism was the room towels were old & poor quality & should have been replaced long ago.
    The pool was good & clean.
    The meals were more expensive than one would have thought.
    The room was quiet

• hugo501's Profile Photo

Never again :(

Where do I start? So many things went wrong on my 1st visit to Bali.. Missed my flight from Jakarta to Bali because of flood waters and had to spend a night in the airport.. So after 24 hours of travelling I had reached the Grand Istana Rama.. Surely my holiday could not get worse.. Well it could.. I was promptly checked in and taken to my room.. Unfortunately the hotel had made a mix up and given me the key for a room that was occupied.. After coming back to the reception I had to explain to 4 different ppl that the room was occupied.. About an hour (not offered anything to drink and the reception is not air conditioned)later I was given another room. The room was nice. Clean and spacious. Although I did notice a lizzard running along the wall. But I didnt see the little bugger after that. I did not complain cos I figured he will eat up all the mozzies (and they was alot). The bathroom was nice but there is a notice to say that you must let the hot water run for 15 minutes before it gets hot. I waited for 30 minutes and the water wasnt even luke warm n the pressure was like a slight drizzle.

Unique Quality: The pool is nice n big but closes at 7pm.. You are permitted to swim at your own risk however you cannot get a pool towel.. Its a bot of a lawsuit waiting to happen cos there are many sharpish edges around the corner and once can easily get hurt.. The changing rooms by the pool are horrible.. They have the worse smell possible (as does the mens loo in the reception).. Avoid using them at all costs!

The breakfast was decent and nothing to shout about. Sad thing is you have to share it with tens of flies..

So having not been impressed with the hotel my impression of it got even worse upon check out.. I was told that I took 2 seven ups from the mini bar.. Now I'm not one to do a physical inventory when I check in to my room so I did not know whether they were there when I 1st entered the room.. Having politely telling the recptionist I did not even open the minibar let alone have anything she insisted that I go to the room and check the minibar.. Our car had been waiting for over 20 minutes during this whole episode and had other passengers in it also.. So I explained to her that I have ppl waiting for me and there is no point in me going all the way back to the room cos if housekeeping says that the two drinks were missing they probably were but I did not take it.. My efforts were useless cos she kept insisting that I go to the room..

So as to not waste anymore time I paid her the 24k rupiah and bid goodbye to one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in..

More about Grand Istana Rama Hotel

Great Location

by travellinmeags about Grand Istana Rama

I travelled with a group of 11 other people besides myself and nobody had any complaints about the standard and service of this hotel. The hotel was undergoing renovations at the time of our stay but the noise was very minimal and there was no inconveince to the guests. Some people were lucky enough to get the delux room which was much larger than the standard room and the bathroom was fantastic! The pool area was fantastic, clean with plenty of lounges for the guests, and also able to get massages around the pool area. The pool bar was also great with a happy hour at 5:00 just to relax and have a few cocktails before we headed for tea. Fantastic pool area, great location just across the road from the beach and walking distance to Kuta square and also the same to Legian. Great pool area with a fantastic pool bar.

Grand Istana Rama and recommended spa.

by samkl

Hi,

Me and my wife will be travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Bali next month. Staying at the Grand Istana Rama (Kuta) and would appreciate if anyone could recommend the things to do around the areas.

We are interested in shopping for handicrafts especially in the local markets. Any suggestions?

We promise oueselves that we must try the spa experience in Bali. Any recommendation for a spa that is value for money?

Is it fair value to offer R150,000 to hire a taxi for a 8 hours including petrol? Being malaysian, we can converse in simple Bahasa so we do not need a english speaking driver although that would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

by Guantanamera

About the taxi hire, yes that is a very fair price. Many drivers speak at least a little English and you'll easily find one in Kuta... I would also recommend spending as little time as possible in Kuta. Ubud is much, much more interesting and you will find better prices on handicrafts there... I didn't do the spa thing, but I would recommend having lunch at one of the restaurants on the rim of Mount Batur volcano as the views are incredible. Ulu Watu and Lake Bratan are also great places to visit...!

by diageva

If you go to Ubud, that is beautiful you can go to Zen Body Holiday, you can see their web at www.zenbalispa.com. I took there a Spice Bath, wonderful. Its a great experience. Another day you can go to Nusa Dua Beach, just wonderful the four hand massage you can receive there while you are relax at the beach.

by wendy494

Went to Bali a coupl of years ago & loved every minute. It was January though & rained a lot!
Westayed at Le Meridian which is near Tanah Lot Temple, well worth a visit as is Ubud in the centre of Bali for the craft & art

by Obigt

Depends to the class of handicrafts that you're looking for, I have a verrry good time in Pasar Sukawati where there are lots of local handicrafts with affordable prices, don't forget to bargain...: )

Have good time in Bali...

by Jarrad

If you love shopping get into a BLUE taxi only and ask him to take you to the Ramiyana shopping mall.And Kuta square is also a big shopping centre.

Comments