Grand Istana Rama Hotel

Value Score

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Good location,friendly staff, good value

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2010

We were first time visitors to Bali & were impressed with GIRH .Whilst the hotel may appear a little tired at first glance it was clean & tidy & the staff were very friendly.We stayed for 1 week in August 2010
The location was good we sat & watched the surfers whilst we ate breakfast.It was a short walk to the shopping area.
Our only criticism was the room towels were old & poor quality & should have been replaced long ago.
The pool was good & clean.
The meals were more expensive than one would have thought.
The room was quiet

hugo501's Profile Photo

Never again :(

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2008

Where do I start? So many things went wrong on my 1st visit to Bali.. Missed my flight from Jakarta to Bali because of flood waters and had to spend a night in the airport.. So after 24 hours of travelling I had reached the Grand Istana Rama.. Surely my holiday could not get worse.. Well it could.. I was promptly checked in and taken to my room.. Unfortunately the hotel had made a mix up and given me the key for a room that was occupied.. After coming back to the reception I had to explain to 4 different ppl that the room was occupied.. About an hour (not offered anything to drink and the reception is not air conditioned)later I was given another room. The room was nice. Clean and spacious. Although I did notice a lizzard running along the wall. But I didnt see the little bugger after that. I did not complain cos I figured he will eat up all the mozzies (and they was alot). The bathroom was nice but there is a notice to say that you must let the hot water run for 15 minutes before it gets hot. I waited for 30 minutes and the water wasnt even luke warm n the pressure was like a slight drizzle.

Unique Quality: The pool is nice n big but closes at 7pm.. You are permitted to swim at your own risk however you cannot get a pool towel.. Its a bot of a lawsuit waiting to happen cos there are many sharpish edges around the corner and once can easily get hurt.. The changing rooms by the pool are horrible.. They have the worse smell possible (as does the mens loo in the reception).. Avoid using them at all costs!

The breakfast was decent and nothing to shout about. Sad thing is you have to share it with tens of flies..

So having not been impressed with the hotel my impression of it got even worse upon check out.. I was told that I took 2 seven ups from the mini bar.. Now I'm not one to do a physical inventory when I check in to my room so I did not know whether they were there when I 1st entered the room.. Having politely telling the recptionist I did not even open the minibar let alone have anything she insisted that I go to the room and check the minibar.. Our car had been waiting for over 20 minutes during this whole episode and had other passengers in it also.. So I explained to her that I have ppl waiting for me and there is no point in me going all the way back to the room cos if housekeeping says that the two drinks were missing they probably were but I did not take it.. My efforts were useless cos she kept insisting that I go to the room..

So as to not waste anymore time I paid her the 24k rupiah and bid goodbye to one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in..

Nearby Grand Istana Rama Hotel

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Kuta Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuta, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuta hotel reviews

World's Number 1 Chicken Chain
Indonesian Chinese Restaurant at JL Raya Kerobokan
Cool Italian Fare & Pizza Place in Poppies Lane 2
Restaurants
Big Mall in Beach Road (JL Pantai Kuta)
Big Shopping Mall in Kuta
Favorites
Shop of Hard Rock Cafe and Hotel Bali
Sea Turtle Statue
Things to Do
Bali Memorial (Ground Zero)
Hotspot at Grand Istana RamaHotel @ JL Pantai Kuta
Food Court at Kutabex Mall
Hot Spot in Poppies Lane 2
Watching the Sunset at Kuta Beach
Bars at Poppies Lane 2
Poppies Lane 2
Poppies Lane 1
Things to Do
Jalan Legian (Night View)
Jalan Legian (Day View)