Jayakarta Hotel & Residence Kuta

Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• The Jayakarta Bali beach resort and spa

stayed 4 nights in dec 2005. the hotel was on the beach, easy access to legian beach. got a room just beside the pool, room was clean and decent but i found 2 cockroaches in the bathroom. i didnt make a fuss since the room was clean and i understand its difficult to keep the roaches out, as long as there is no infestation, i'm ok. loads of mozzies (maybe cos its rainy), please bring repellent or spray or whatever works for u. i had to call housekeeping to spray my room every night. service staff were good. breakfast buffet was limited and the food was displayed outside so the fruits and salad had flies since they didnt cover them. it wasnt a very good experience, i hope they will improve.

More about Jayakarta Hotel & Residence Kuta

Jayakarta Hotel

by victorwkf

The Jayakarta Hotel is a nice beach resort hotel located along Legian Beach slightly north of Kuta Beach. This hotel is quite nice to stay and it has lots of rooms and even apartments. The surrounding architecture is also very nice and traditional and the swimming pool is nice as well. Overall, I had a good stay here. Photos of my apartment room are at the "general tips" section of this VT page.

For Big Group

by gmagabilin about Jayakarta Hotel

I was alone and the place has receiving, kitchen, dining and bar!!! Has 4 pools and its located beach front! Not much to do though...conducive place for honeymooners. A bit expensive 4 pools, room are built for family

good location

by Donna-Lee about Jayakarta Hotel

Stayed here in 05, another hotel suited for families, think they all are. Anyway the breakfast was fantastic the pools were good the staff are friendly, beginning to think all hotels are the same, although I haven`t stayed at a lot. I remember 1 night I ordered room service & tried their minestrone soup it was the best iv`e ever tasted, Mmmm might go back 1 day for the soup :)))

Legian Legacy:

by Hexepatty about Hotel Jayakarta - in Legian....

Hotel Jayakarta - in Legian. Try to book on-line... you will get a much better price! PLEASE SEE TRAVELOGUE 'IN DEFENSE OF KUTA!' VERY IMPORTANT!
How LOW can you go in Bali? It's really a matter of personal style and standards. There are rooms as low as $3 a night. But I like running water -- HOT running water. And sheets and AC and tv and service, in short. I'm getting too old for the Break Yer Back-Packing lifestyle & smell like a European on a 6 month tour. So if you want the On the Shoe String type hints, please go to Lonely Planet! Having said that, at $65 a nite, I'm not breaking my bank either. God knows there are Plenty of 5 Star 'best in the world' type hotel properties on Bali that can run you from $500 to $2000 per nite. So, I'm not being THAT bratty of an American!!! Large resort. 3 pools; 3 bars; 2 restaurants. 4 star type of self-contained resort. Has spa, massage center all on premises. Naturally someone can plait your hair, too! 3 different Balinese dance performances w/ dinner are done on-site as well at $10.00 for the buffet dinner. Not bad...

Great location. Close to everything.

by 5024kerry about Bali Garden Beach Resort

Hi Again, You may be right about The Bali Garden hotel being booked out, as very popular due to it's location. You can walk everywhere from there. I will be there from 2nd March 2009 till 14th March. We had to book from 14th till 18th elsewhere, so we took an apartment at the Jayakarta residence, in Legian. I have also stayed there before, and had a wonderful time. The pools are beautiful, and also right on the beach. Have also stayed at the Kuta Paradiso hotel, about 5 doors up from the Bali Garden hotel. It is directly next door to the Art Market, and practically across from Matahari Department store and shops. It is more expensive, but what a place. As for Nyepi Day, what happens is, you must stay in your hotel grounds, but everyone goes down to the pools and has a great day. It forces you to relax and take it easy. Meals at the hotel on that day are all available, but what we do is go to the supermarkets and get our supplies, our drinks and munchies, cheese and bickies etc. Also we get noodles and anything that we can prepare easily, without costing too much. Also next door is a bread shop inside Centro shopping mall. Just go up the stairs past the coffee shop and just inside the door. There you can buy lovely pastries etc and take back to your room. Please remember that the day before, all the shops close at midday, so get everything before then. Also the autobank machines all close then too, so make sure that you get any money out required, because it won't open till the day after Nyepi. The day after Nyepi, go out to the beach near the Art Market, as all the market stalls are set up along the beach, and big celebrations also on the beach. If you stay at the Bali Garden, on the day at night, you must stay in your room with the blinds closed and no noise is allowed. You have to keep your tv down, and minimal lighting, only your bedside lamps are allowed. The passageways are also in darkness, so don't go outside your room at night. This is the same in all hotels on that day. I hope you get your accommodation there, as you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves. I think the day after, or the night before, there is a big parade down the streets late at night. If you sit on the pavement outside your hotel, you can watch it. Very colourful. Just check with your hotel and they will tell you which day it is. Go out on the beach about 5-6 pm every night and you will see the most beautiful sunsets. This is a special time for the Balinese people. There is so much to see and do in Bali, you won't be disappointed. Although this is my 12th trip, I am getting very excited to be going back. It now feels like home to me, what with the beautiful island and the gentle people. If you need any more information as to where to go for sightseeing or shopping, I am a great shopper and can tell you where to shop. Also if you need prescription glasses, you can get them there much cheaper than back home.

Also if you decide to use my driver Argus Kuswana tell him that Kerry sent you. His phone number again is 0812 3942814

Enjoy your trip, and wish we were there at the same time and we could catch up. Anyway I know you will have a great time.

Kerry.... Great Infinity modern pool, overlooking the beach. Great views of the ocean and sunset. Directly opposite Waterbom Park. Next door to the new modern Centro Shopping Mall. Can walk everywhere from here.

Jayakarta Residence - Average large hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SarahDSydney

We stayed at the Jayakarta Residence for 4 nights over New Years Eve 2007/2008. Upon arrival, although we specifically booked (and paid the more expensive price for) two one bedroom apartments, staff attempted to force us to take a two bedroom apartment. We managed to stay in our booked room type, but when we were shown to our room we were disappointed to find that our small verandah, which only fit one chair on it, faced the wall of the adjacent Jayakarta Hotel.

The room was fairly nice, but was nothing special. The lighting in the room really made it seem quite depressing, and the fact that no complementary water was provided was disappointing.

We attended the 'compulsory' new year's eve dinner, which was quite good, and was one of the positive things of our stay.

To top off the experience, we were overcharged at checkout, and when we questioned this, the bill was revised to a higher price! It took three goes to get the bill right!

The Jayakarta Residence was ok, but definitely nothing special. I would say that there would be nice places to stay for a similar price.

Ho hum...

by TripAdvisor Member Itch-4-Travel

Our young family of 5 (regulars to Bali) recently stayed in the Residence (apartments) at the Bali Jayakarta for 12 days. We chose the Jayakarta based on its website and from recommendations from friends.

The Jayakarta is a massive resort on the beachfont in northern Legian, (nearly Seminyak area). There are 5 great pools to choose from and 2 restuarants - one is where you'll have breakfast if it's included in your 'package' - though I didn't see anyone actually eat there any other time and no-one seemed to eat at all at the other 'Italian' restaraunt. There are some great cafes right outside the hotel on 'Blue Ocean Boulevard' so really why would anyone choose to eat at the overpriced and bland hotel eateries.

If you've stayed at the Dynasty Hotel in Tuban, well this place is very similar (minus the waterslide!). Rather bland, dated styling all round.

We didn't realise it at the time of booking, but the Residence is actually a block of apartments separate to the hotel, a 3 minute walk down the driveway, away from the beach next to the road. Our view from the balcony was of the staff carpark. The ground floor units looked the best - they had granite kitchens and more modern furniture - but I have a feeling they may have been time-shared units. Our 2-bedroom 3rd floor unit was... pretty poor. Our 'Kitchen' was a microwave oven and a tap/bowl with exposed plumbing. We asked for another room but were told the Residence was fully booked (which I doubted!).

If I had known this, i would have chosen to have interconnecting rooms at the Hotel instead.

There is a sense of real 'cheapness' about this place, which was confirmed by staff who candidly expressed their concerns about the reluctance of the hotel's Chinese owners to spend money on upgrades, or even necessary repairs. The lovely lady who was in charge of the kids' club complained of having to purchase drawing materials and stationary for the children out of her own money. At breakfast, I had been asking waitstaff if they could get a banana for my young son (who didn't eat any other fruit on offerfrom the buffet) - which they happily did for a few days until one morning I was told that they could no longer give him a banana as 'it was not included in the price of breakfast' - obviously the managment had reprimanded these poor ladies when they found out!

Small things, I know, but it smacked of cheapness to me. Perhaps they would be better off trying to save money by fixing the toilet in our room which didn't just drip - it RAN constantly for the whole time of our stay depsite us mentioning it to housekeeping.

There were also fleas in my 5-month old son's cot bedding.

I overheard other people mention similar problems with their rooms. At the time we were staying, the '300' wing seemed to be in the process of being renovated so if you are going to stay here, ask for one of the 300 rooms - they will be your best best.

Would we stay at the Jayakarta again? No. We loved the location, but other smaller hotels looked more appealing (the Kamala Pantai next door, the Melasti or the Niksoma to the south). Jayakarta was just too big, too impersonal, too - bland.

Having said that, many of the guests we spoke to (mostly middle aged Australians) were repeat visitors to the Jayakarta . Though I suspect they were the type of travellers who out of habit have been returning to stay at the same hotel they first stayed in back in 1984 - and whom have never bothered to check out any alternative accomodation.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member Narragirl

On arrival to the Jayakarta we got given really crappy rooms, but all it took was a bit of sweet talking and we got a nice pool view suite. Dodgy wiring in the place but aside from that it was good.

Loved hanging around the pool on days it was too hot to do anything (we were there for 14 days so time wasn't a problem) although you have to be up at the crack of dawn to get a sun lounge!

Food was awesome, massage & day spa was amazing value and the service was great too.

The location can't be beaten for Legian and there are so many restaurants just out the front.

Would DEFINATELY stay here again.

Huge roomy great facilities but impersonal & poor pool service

by TripAdvisor Member debsclan

We stayed 15 nights at jayakarta in the private residence.
We booked private ones thru the interent so they are not hotel owned. We had heard that these apartments are far more superior to the hotel owned rooms and the rumours were true.
We could not at all fault the apartments. They are beautiful, very well set out, completely furnished with very comfy leather lounge, and beds and pillows were the best. The kitchen was fully kitted out with all you could need. The fridge is a good size with freezer and a water dispenser is in each kitchen and the cleaner will replace with a new bottle when it becomes low. Each room had its own individual controlled aircond so you could set your own temp and they worked perfectly.
There is really not any views to anywhere from your balcony but it was good to have a balcony to sit on in evenings and early mornings and to hang wet things on.!!
The residence block is apart from the hotel blocks of rooms. The whole complex is huge and sprawling and that was my only complaint.
It is just too big. The residence is at the beginning of the hotel near entrance and then the other hotel room blocks are down closer to the pool in vaious different postions.
The residence is a LONG way / walk to the pool and most days in the heat none of us could be bothered with the walk once you had come in from shopping or day trips.
We used the pool 4 days out of 15 and each time there was absolutely NO pool service. Not once did I see any wait/persons going around ordering or delivering food or drinks and that is around all 3 pools. That was very disappoiinting. There is a hut you can go into for massages but I didnt use it as i was usually watching kids swimming.
We ate at the hotel for breadkfast twice and it is very expensive and the variety not great. There was only 1 choice of cereal and it looked like cornflakes but did not taste like them. No kids cereal choices at all. There was an egg man to make you what you desired, but no pancake cook. There were ready made pancakes and the usual array of hot foods and toast, breads, danish etc. The restaurant at nights was mostly deserted but there are so many good ones nearby that i imagine you would be crazy to pay hotel prices when a 3 min walk will get you to plenty of other eating places.
The pools were very clean and well maintained and the location is perfect for all the beach side restaurants and many others. s all in all I would have to say only average with nothing really to get you exited and yearning for a return visit. Whilst I wasnt hugely disappointed ( as the rooms made up for any negatives)
I wasnt satisfied with my choice either and I would not choose to stay again.
I do prefer somewehere with a good pool service and more personal touches.

Hotel Jayakarta groundsHotel Jayakarta grounds

Jayakarta Hotel at Legian Beach, BaliJayakarta Hotel at Legian Beach, Bali

Hotel and Residence Jayakarta

by Mr_Lob

Does anyone have experience of this hotel? Do the rooms have seaviews? thanks guys.

RE: Hotel and Residence Jayakarta

by Linda_T

Hello,

this link has some information on the Jayakarta

Comments