Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Kuta

Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant
Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Kuta

So clean, so green, make you grin!

by masonwong about Matahari Bungalow

I chose to stay here initially because I was so attracted by its garden views and nice swimming pool (from pictures). It was more than that indeed. The environment was quiet, the breakfast though simple yet yummy, the staff there was courteous (so were the tourists staying there), the location was strategic... It was happy with the stay! The garden and landscape are beautifully built, and it's conveniently located on the busy street of Kuta (Jalan Legian), yet not noisy.

Makan!

by masonwong about Adi Asri Restaurant

We had lunch at this restaurant after visiting the Ubud art market. They serve continental food. I had a friend rice with chicken satay for Rp. 44,750 and a glass of mixed fruit juice for Rp. 7,750. The food was just ok. I like the breakfast at Matahari Bungalow more! ;P

Pak Putu, the driver, told us that the food there was less expensive compared to that of many other restaurants in that area. The fried rice is quite interesting though...

To travel around...

by masonwong

I rented a car of the Matahari Bungalow for 'Go as you please' service, for Rp. 400,000 for whole day. This charge included driver and petrol, but excluded lunch and entrance fees to places. My friend who visited Bali in June in a group of 4 managed to get a cab for a whole day service, for USD100 including driver, petrol, lunch and entrance fees.

Go out to the street to compare prices of the offers from the taxi drivers. Usually because of the competition, you can get a good deal.

Motorcycles and bicycles are also available for renting.

Bali - A land full of historical heritage

by masonwong

"Short, yet Syok!"

My visit to Bali on 18-20 July 2006, though just 2 days, was enjoyable. Night walk on the Kuta street... sightseeing in Kintamani, Monkey Forest, Taman Ayun, Tanah Lot... Shopping at the Ubud art market... enjoying sunshine and sea wave on Kuta Beach... It's simply fun!

"In the cloudy sky..."

I took this shot on the Air Asia plane. The cloud shape looked like a horse standing with 2 back legs to me.

"Pak Putu"

He's the driver from Matahari Bungalow, whose service I chose to take us around in Bali. He's chatty and cheerful, so I enjoyed his company a lot. On the last day before leaving the hotel, he gave my mum a small branch of the flower plant, which we saw on the roadside during our trip (I think it's Bunga Melor Jepun), for us to plant it at home because the flowers are fragrant... so friendly and nice.

He told me he also provided service as a middle person to arrange for anything people wished to get shipped from Bali to their own countries: carvings, furniture, handicrafts etc. Well... here's his contact details:
Name: I Putu Gede Sutama
Phone: 751616 - 753538
Fax: (0361) 751761
Hp.: 081 238 35 798

He also taught me some Balinese words. Here are some (with my own pronunciation methods):

om-sua-stia-stoo = thank you
rhah-hajem-semeng = good morning
rhah-hajem-perdeng = good afternoon or evening
rhah-hajem-woong-ngee = good night
nabi-gatre-neh = how are you
percit-percit = fine, fine

Interesting! ;)

* Corrections by VTer ukirsari:
" oom swastiastu is for 'hello' and matur suksme is for 'thanks' "

mi'smi's

mi'smi's

hibiscus-frangipani and my baby (c) ukirsarihibiscus-frangipani and my baby (c) ukirsari

Kuta beach - have a back massageKuta beach - have a back massage

Matahari bungalows

by 1W1V

Hi,

Anyone could advice me about Matahari Bungalows in Kuta ??

Thx

L

RE: Matahari bungalows

by blackinjpn

consider this:
the hotel just in the heart of Kuta... cause you no diffilcuties to go back to your hotel after drunk....
salut!

Matahari Bungalows

by Trvlr

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Matahari Bungalows on Legian Road in Kuta? This is different from the Bali Matahari Hotel that has been discussed here. If so, please let me know whether it is a good place to stay in.

RE: Matahari Bungalows

by Bernithetraveler

Hello,

That was the first hotel in Bali on my first trip to...

To tell you the thruth ! room is so so , bathroom not very clean but it's not a new hotel , the rest is perfect the restaurant is in the garden and it's a real nice garden for my first trip in Bali I was amaze....but now I go and sleep in homestay and room are for me perfect for my need clean and at a real gooood price, only dodo time so don't need so much .

Taxi from the airport woulb be around 25,000 thousand Rupiahs.

Hope this help you

Have a good trip

Bernard

Halal Food

by Meriani

I'm planning to visit Bali on this coming April and plan to stay at Matahari Bungalow in Legion, Kuta. My question is, where can I find halal restaurant which i can have my halal meal confidently since as far as I know Matahari Bungalow don't have a halal retaurant.

Re: Halal Food

by imran8852

Hi Meriani,
Try to find Padang Restaurant, If you're still not confident...Ask them if they are Muslim (In a very nice way of course:) & explain your situation)Most Padang Restaurant sell 'Halal' food. Hope my info help...If you got the time check out our Bali page for more info on 'Halal' food. Enjoy your holiday in Bali Dear!

Halal Food

by skyb88

Or you can eat at Mc.Donald?

Have a nice Vacation,
Rini

Re: Halal Food

by junielee

yes I agree with Imran that better come to padang or minang food they quaranty for muslem or halal food there, our driver Dewamarco also brought our family there too, he said that kuta area till denpasar a lot minang or muslem food but not in kintamani or singaraja north part of bali.

Comments