Melasti Beach Resort Kuta

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• alvis's Profile Photo

Centre Of Kuta on a Budget

On the taxi Drive from Sanur to Kuta the taxi driver advised us on a resort called Melasti. We thought we would give it a try and were really happy we did. Melasti is directly in the centre of Kuta beside all the up market resorts (Discovery, Dynasty etc.) The difference is the Melasti costs a lot less. We paid less than $34US a night. This included buffets breakfasts for 2 people. The rooms were decent with balcony etc. cheap room service and a seperate kitchen. The 2 pools on the resort were also real nice, the smaller 1 being the better of the 2. The resort was not directly on the beach and did not have a private beach but there was a small wall to jump over to get onto Kuta beach.

Unique Quality: It is very near the waterpark, the large shopping malls, the main shopping streets and almost all the attractions of central Kuta. We never needed a taxi to go places.

More about Melasti Beach Resort Kuta

Cheap Mexican food

by lindyz about Poco Loco Mexican Restaurant

I was originally reluctant to do tips on restaurants, not knowing if they were still in the same place and open, but I thought Id do it anyway.

Poco Loco was about a 2 minute walk from where we stayed at the Melasti Legian, so we ate here a few times. Food was very cheap, delicious and quick. A meal and drink back then in 2004 cost about $8AUD.

Hotel Melasti Legian Beach Resort

by Aloe9678

Hello again,

I have no idea at this point when I'm coming to Bali, but does anyone have an opinion on this resort?

Thanks!

by meggy88

Has a very good spa attached which is cheap but really good. Gets very good write ups on various bali forums.

by Aloe9678

I'm glad to hear the spa's good, since I'm probably going to roll out of bed and go every day when I'm on leave. I read a lot of good reviews of it on TripAdvisor, and most of them were pretty good.

How is it location-wise? From the reading I've been doing, I think I'll be glad it's not right in Kuta, but is there still going to be shopping within walking distance? I'm probably not going to have more than an outfit or two when I get there.

by meggy88

Location is very good, right on the beach and heaps of shops / restaurants in the local surrounds. Its still pretty busy and not that far from Kuta which you can walk to from ther. Not far from the Melasti is a bar on the beach called Sammy's & Suzie's S&S, its just in front of the Mandira Hotel. Its not so much a bar as couple of chairs and an esky on the beach, selling beer and soft drink - great place to watch the sunset.
Another good hotel that gets good reviews is the Jayakarta, which is in the same area. I have not stayed in either but like the look of the Jayakarta more that Melasti. You

by BesarRahasia

Old hotel yes but still ok
I'm beginning to think susankosasih works for the travel agency here in Bali that she always promotes.

Comments