Jalan Legian 133, Kuta, Indonesia
Agoda.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Simpang Inn

by paradisedreamer about Simpang Inn

This was the first hotel we stayed in on our travels through the east. Were were told it was $20 a night and we thought what a bargain, only to find out that the other travellers were only paying about $12. We soon learnt the art of bargaining! The hotel was lovely and a retreat from the busy streets of Kuta. The pool is in a central courtyard surrounded by lush vegetation. It was beautiful. The rooms were spacious, double bed and nicely furnished, air-con but no hot water.
We also experienced our first Indonesian coffee here, dishwater deluxe!

Simpang InnSimpang Inn

Blue Glue Bikini shopBlue Glue Bikini shop

mi'smi's

my room with rika at 29/2nd fl (c) ukirsarimy room with rika at 29/2nd fl (c) ukirsari

Travel Tips for Kuta

japanese food in town

by aalayaa about ryoshi

one of the most established japanese restaurant in bali. the restaurant can be found in legian, melasti, seminyak, until as far as ubud.
they will greet you with towel dipped in warm water like in other japanese restaurants. you can dine on tatami, on normal dining table, or by the bar. the place is relatively small so sometimes it's crowded. sushi and sashimi, japanese green tea, all kind of tempura, udon, etc

A walk around Kuta

by Arfah

I never really like walking...especially when it's more than 1km or when there're going up and down the hill spots. However, I've learnt that the best things are seen/found while walking. I suppose when walking...we can stop at any time we want...to check out things...rather than taking cabs or other transport...where stopping at any time at any locations...that can be very challenging.

Kuta Beach and other Genuine Fakes

by trvlrgrl

After several days in the countryside, I was ready for a little beachside fun. Finding a hotel however, ended up being a bit more tedious then I thought. After looking at several hotels, I ended up staying at a small beachside spot in Legian...unfortunately I didn't get a wink of sleep that night because I didn't have a mosquito net and given the dozen or so little bites I had on my body the next day, I'm pretty sure I got bed bugs! Yuck! So I booked my last two nights at a luxury hotel on Legian Beach...expensive by Bali standards but still a bargain for me.

Once I got settled in, I, of course, decided to take a stroll around the area. Somehow in the last few days, I lost my sunglasses. Equatorial sun is no joke, so getting new sunglasses is my first order of business. When I saw a shop displaying this sign, I knew I had to stop and investigate. 10 minutes later I was on the street wearing my brand new pair of genuine fake Gucci sunglasses.

"Kuta Beach"

Turns out the Sunglasses sign was a premonition of things to come. What can I say about Kuta Beach? I didn't hate it...but I also felt a bit like I was in Bali World at the Epcot Center in Florida...clearly this place is party central in Bali and I'm glad I took the time to check it out...but I'm also glad I only got a small dose of it.

"A night out with Expats"

That night I had dinner and watched the sunset over the ocean with VT Bali expert, BaliSunshine...definitely check out her pages if you're heading to Bali. BaliSunshine is truly a citizen of the world. She's lived in various places and has been calling Bali home for the last 4 years. Pretty soon, a boisterous, Aussie guy came up and started chatting us up, introduced us to the owner of the place...and next you know I spent the night hanging out with a group of expats. Arjun here on the left is from the Netherlands and is the owner of the Blue Ocean, a popular restaurant in Legian. Great conversation and lots of free food and drinks from very generous Arjun!

Comments