Pondok Prima Cottage

Prima Cottage
Agoda.com Booking.com Hostelworld.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 1 star hotels

More about Sanur

My daughters cordon bleuMy daughters cordon bleu

Yummy seafood kebabsYummy seafood kebabs

Panorama of southern sanurPanorama of southern sanur

great shoppinggreat shopping

sanur cemara

by schooners

hasa there been a problem in sanur with rabid dogs and what precautions should we take Cheers

by lynnehamman

There is a rabies vaccine available- speak to your doctor.
Avoid the dogs.

by Ubudian

Scroll down a bit to the topic heading:

ABC News Bulletin - Rabies epidemic hits tourist haven of Bali
Posted: Tue August 3, 2010 04:25 AM WIT

You'll find a long discussion on this topic there.

by IdreamIam

Heavens just avoid the dogs as Lynn says, I was there only a few weeks ago and stayed in Sanur and Ubud and I find there are less dogs roaming around than a few years ago. Not that I have seen it in recent years but if you do happen to see a couple of dogs fighting walk the other way or take the long way around and don't try to pat any dogs and you will NOT have any trouble. Just use common sense.

Travel Tips for Sanur

Southern most Sanur

by nezz

This beach is found at the most southern part of Sanur. Not frequented much by tourists it is a very popular spot for the locals. Early morning finds the expats of Sanur exercising & on Sunday which is Bali's family day all the locals head to the beach with the entire family. Warung carts selling pastries & corn on the cob fill the path along the edge of the beach. The carparks are bursting. The level of noise is amazing. The Sunday after we arrived in November 2007 this beach was the site of a Hindu cleansing ritual and the beach was really crowded & the sea full of people most of them fully dressed. I felt very privileged to view this spectacle. I am sure I will not see something so fascinating again in a very long time.
To access this beach you head along Jalan Mertasari & turn left down Jalan Tirta Empul , the carpark is at the very end.
Along the footpath south of The Mercure Hotel are a group of very reasonably priced restaurants.

Live Music- plus free wi-fi

by nezz about The Wicked Parrott

The Wicked Parrot is situated in the northern section of the main street running through Sanur. It is the sister restaurant of the very popular Cat n Fiddle which has been open for a very long time in southern Sanur. The ambience is very similar but there is a lot more space to move around in .This restaurant also features live bands. They have a great breakfast menu but we had a breakfast deal with our apartment so never got to taste it. On the 2nd night of our 2010 trip we ordered the Waygu steaks mine was fantastic but my husband’s was not cooked medium as requested it was rare and also very tough . In fact our two steaks looked totally different. Even now I wonder if he got a different tables order or they had run out of steak & substituted something else. Our daughter had cordon bleu but didn't like the fact it had too much cheese, our son's schnitzel like my meal was good. This was one of our dearest meals so we were expecting much better quality. I told my husband maybe I've spoilt him too much with my good cooking.

Comments