Jl. Tamblingan 64X, Sanur, Bali, 80228, Indonesia

Agoda.com Booking.com AsiaRooms.com

Costs 92% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• abooz's Profile Photo

Average ratings

Booked for three days in superior room no 401. the room air-cond takes long time to cool the room, rather old. our king size bed is actually two single beds joined in the middle, one softer, lower and another higher, we could not sleep as a couple in this bed as the middle join was rather hard. the mattress was rather old and hard, did not sleep well in the room for the three days we were there. the room was also noisy as we could hear the air-cond sound from the room upstairs.

the pool and scenery in the hotel is nice, we did not spend much time there as we were out most of the time. we were disappointed as we needed a place to rest after our day trips, but the bed spoilt our day.

the staff is friendly, no complaints about them. we checked out at 4 am, they even packed our breakfast. i don't know why this hotel is recommended widely by the guests, maybe i got the lousy room. i had MUCH MUCH better sleep in Saren Indah Hotel, Ubud.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff.

• abooz's Profile Photo

Average ratings

the staff is friendly, no complaints about them. we checked out at 4 am, they even packed our breakfast. i don't know why this hotel is recommended widely by the guests, maybe igot the lousy room. i had MUCH MUCH better sleep in Saren Indah Hotel, Ubud.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff.

More about Tamukami Hotel

Small but friendly hotel, Sanur Bali

by Chrissy50 about Tamukami

The Tamukami Hotel in Sanur is a great find, it is owned by a retired couple from, I think Belgium, they built the Hotel and are very much hands on, living in the Hotel you see them around all the time.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, if you are looking for the huge resort type of hotel then look somewhere else, it has a lovely family feel and you get to know all the staff. In the evening if you are having dinner in the hotel the owner greets you with a flower to put behind your ear, nice little touch. The restaurant is lovely and everything is centered around the swimming pool. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished. On my first visit I was given a calico bag with the name of the hotel on it, the idea is that we don't need to have our purchases put into plastic bags thus doing just a little to save the planet.

Scuba Diving

by comps01

Hi gang,

Looking at going to Sanur sometime in Feb or Mar 2010 and I'm keen to learn to scuba dive. Can anyone recommend somewhere to go IE a dive shop or somewhere that runs courses such as do any of the hotels run courses. We're looking at going for a couple of weeks and want to relax somewhere away from the hustle and bustle, any recommendations for a hotel or cottages? Are there any PADI or similar organisations close by to sanur?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers & Beers Dave

by IdreamIam

Not that I am into diving but when we were staying in Sanur last year my niece wanted to do the second part of her diving course (which I believe was with Padi) to get it out of the way, we were staying at Tamukami and the school/company was almost across the road, I can't recomment Tamukami Hotel highly enough but there are heaps of hotels all of varying prices. If you need more information please contact me at caedmunds@optusnet.com.au and I will ask my niece for the details if you can't find it.

by June.b

Try:

For relaxing away from hustle/bustle, there are a lot of places depends on your preference - either a beach hotel or hillside or rural rice paddies - go to the north, try the Rambutan Boutique Hotel in Kalibukbuk or Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa in Lovina. Or go to Ubud - Tegal Sari, or the Munduk Moding Plantation in Singaraja.

have fun!

by Ubudian

John Huxley of Eco Dive is your man. Web site:

by SnazzySnappa

I just got back from Padang bay, Candidasa & Lovina

I would reccomend doing your open water Padi cert in Tullamben then go boat diving in Padang Bay, very nice out of the husle & bustle with turles, corals & nice beaches.
you can stay anywhere you like with companys offering pick up from your hotel

I am doing my divemaster here so if you would like pricing or any info contact me through VT
cheers