Aniniraka Resort & Spa

Anini Raka Resort & Spa
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Ubud

Ubud VT MeetingUbud VT Meeting

Roundabouts in Ubud...interesting...Roundabouts in Ubud...interesting...

Dining Area on PorchDining Area on Porch

Outside KafeOutside Kafe

lovina

by teevee

is travelling frm ubud to lovina to see the dolphins worth the while or maybe go to bohol in philippines where there r whales as well better?
any1' been 2 both?thx

Re: lovina

by BesarRahasia

Hi there
To answer your question honestly, (but only my personal opinion), I wouldn't reccomment anyone to go see the dolphins in Lovina, because it is very very touristy now and there are too many boats chasing too few dolphins. You might be lucky and get close to see them, but the chances are that you will spend the whole time on the boat, moving from one location to another without getting close. I have had nothing but bad reports from our clients over the past few months, such that they didn't see any at all, or only in the distance. We have stopped reccommending our clkients to go see them now.

That's not to say you still should.t come to Bali, there is still a great deal to see and do. It's up to you if you decide to go to the Phillipines instead.

Whatever you decide have a great time.

Re: lovina

by nezz

I was sitting at a restaurant on the Mandurah estuary last Saturday lunch time & I saw two dolphins playing in the water just outside the window. It was lovely. We are so privileged to have dolphins on our doorstep. I went to Lovina with my husband & children in Jan not to see the Dolphins but to stay in that area as it is unspoilt by tourism and has all the charm of the Bali I fell in love with when I first visited in 1987. Checkout my Bali page & you'll see Bali has so much to offer then come to WA to see Dolphins.

Travel Tips for Ubud

Rest & Relax - get a massage

by myspices

You will have to experience a Balinese massage. No..no.. not once but everyday! ....if possible.... Its so good and worth every penny! You can get it from the shop, the hotel/resort or you can arrange with your landlord to have the masseur/masseuse go to your lodge. A variety of choice of massages at different range. You can have the simple balinese massage or the sophisticated spas with treatment of exfoilation scrub, steam, floral bath and many more...
Most of the massages will run from 45minutes to 1.5hours - cost about usd10 to usd15 while the spa treatement will take about 2hours or so - cost about usd25 to usd35.

Therapeutic Massage
a) Balinese massage - 60minutes (long kneading strokes, deep tissue massage, acupressure)
b) Aromatherapy massage - 90 minutes (treatment of essential oils with massage)

Beauty Treatment
a) Javanese Lulur (Mandi Lulur) - 120minutes (traditional, luxurious massage followed by exfoliation paste with blend of rice, tumeric, sandlewood and a touch of jasmine, leaving the skin gently scented. Finished with yogurt application and a warm flower bath laced with rose petals)
b) Milk bath - 120minutes (soothing massage followed by herbal scrub and milk body mask. Warm milk bath scented with fragrance of sweet rose flowers)
c) Boreh Bali Massage - 120minutes (traditional spices of temulawak roots, clove, ginger, rice to warm the body followed by a flower bath. Treatment is concluded with a massage for the back, neck and shoulder)
d) Mud Body mask - 120minutes (Full balinese massage - body mud mask, body steam and finishes with a cold flower bath laced with rose petals)
e) Bunga Mawar Facials (Rose Flower) - 90 minutes (Use of essential rose oils, floral waters and special rose petal mask. The facial includes a cleansing, exfoilation scrub and steam. Warm towel steam throughout the treatment)

Recommended : the Mandi Lulur or the Javanese Lulur! Aww..... how else can i express it...

Bird walk

by kyoub

Starting from the Beggar's Bush pub at 9 am
several days a week you can go on a Bali Bird Walk.
It is a very interesting walk around the rice paddy fields. it lasts 3 hrs and costs $33 per person.
We had a very knowledgable lady lead our tour. We saw several birds and many ducks.
Every farmer seems to have his share

Quack, quack... it's Bebek

by myspices about Bebek Bengil 1

The restaurant is big - on two storeys. We were lead to the upstairs portion because a tour group has booked quite a big portion of the dinning area downstairs and so happened the Indonesia's president was also going to dine here at 7pm. No wonder when we were there at about 5.30pm, there were so many government officers and policemen stationed at the entrance and surroundings of the restaurant.

The downstairs dinning area has a pool of lotus in front so that makes the area more beautiful. Upstairs, not too bad either - you get to see a field of rice fiels and a portion of the dinners downstairs. Food was served quite fast and we took our time enjoying every bite of the bebek. Overall, it was a good dinner with good ambience. It could have been better if it was not raining that evening. One serving consists of half a crunchy duck with rice and 3 little dishes - pounded chilly sauce, pickles of onions and spicy long beans with dried shrimps. Cost about 48,000Rp.

The duck is said to be marinated with herbs and steamed before it is being deep fried, making it crunchy even to its bones.

The flavour - delicious ! Great too, if you dip the bebek into the plate of chillies provided. Eat with your fingers - it's yummy

Monkeying around in Ubud

by balisunshine about Three Monkey’s Café

This Cafe is set with colorfully, playful furniture & paintings.

The weather was hot, & I decided to order something refreshing such as the
Frozen Lime Mint Juice (under 10,000 Rh).

I read through the Menu & a bit of everything was quite tempting.

But I have always said, while in Rome, do like the Romans do. So I ordered the Indonnesian dish 'Chicken and Cashew Marsala' with Yoghurt Curry & Minted Raita, Chutney, & Jasmine Rice for 35,000 Rh.

Upon the dish's arrival, I was very pleased with the presentation.
And better yet, was the taste of the exquisite blend of the various ingredients.

The total of the bill was about 51,000 Rh including the 15% tax.

A great reason to come back.

A few days later, starving for some more, I decided to go back.

I loved the Frozen Lime Mint before & winded up consuming two.

Again, I did like the Romans do, & ordered the Indonesian dish
'Papes Ikan' with pieces of Fish, Tomato a& Chili Roasted in a Banana Leaf, served with Coconut Snake Beans & steamed Rice.
Mind you, having my mouth with a burning sensation just ain't my fancy, so I asked to make sure that it wasn't too spicy. I was assured not.
Again, what an artistic presentation was served before my eyes and mouth! Yummmmm!

The Snake Beans with Coconut erased all memories of my childhood experience of my mother forcing me to eat my vegetables. What a true delight! The Fish was tender & easy to part with a fork.

Now came the best part...dessert!

As I took my time trying to make the best choice, I finally picked the Kheer. The equivalent to Rice Pudding. It was served warm in a coconut shell and YUM! once again. A blend of nuts, cinnamon, and maybe more. Believe me, I have been a great fan of Rice Pudding & have tried quite few versions throughout my life & this was especially good!

I ended my meal with a coffee, just like the Romans do.

The bill was about 85,000 Rh including 15% tax & the 5,000 Rh tip I left, the equivalent to $10 USD.

So if you are in Ubud, why not try doing like the Romans do?

Bon appetito!

Shop in Ubud

by Ramonq

Along the main drag of Ubud on the way to the Monkey Forest, there are rows of shop that mainly cater to tourists. Lots of arty crafts, clothing shops and fancy restaurants and bars. The bars are more sedate than the ones you see in Kuta. It's great to window shop here, but prices can be "tourist prices". For more affordable artworks, you're better off in the smaller villages around Ubud.

Comments