Monkey Forest Road, Ubud, 80571, Indonesia

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Lumbung Sari Cottages

Cheap Housing

by PelLihi about Lumbung Sari Beach Inn

We stayed in the Lumbung Sari because it was the Base of our Surf Camp in Bali. Therefore I also don't know the exact rates for the hotel. I heard that it is somewhat around 9 Euros per Night/Room (negotiable).
The Hotel area is nice (pool, etc.), and the rooms have the basic necessities. The only drawback in our room was the dirty bathroom (including toilet).....but this seems to be a general problem in Bali.

From the hotel it's about a 10 minute walk to Kuta beach.

Nevertheless it's a cheap hotel for the traveller that is on a tight budget. Pool, massage

Ubud VT MeetingUbud VT Meeting

Balinese women praying early in the morningBalinese women praying early in the morning

Venetian Mirror in BathroomVenetian Mirror in Bathroom

Feel the connection with the ZenFeel the connection with the Zen

Hotels in Ubud

by Jo_jor

Does anybody know any good hotels in Ubud around $80USD a night. I found a nice one but after looking on a few sites I see it is not very good and has old photos. I am plannign a really nice birthday trip and do not want to stay somewhere dirty. I want to stay close or in Ubud preferably with a plunge pool or if not that then an outside shower.

any suggestions?

by Chrissy50

Do a search for Tegal Sari, it is less than $80US but lovely and only about 10 mins walk from the main part of Ubud, we have stayed there and love sitting on our balcony at night looking at the fire flies darting in and out of the rice paddies. There is a nice little pool, it is not a big hotel only about 18 rooms. The room we had you could sit in the bath and enjoy the view, make sure you get an upstairs room.

by meggy88

try tegal sari, ubud village hotel or cendana all are very good with tegal sari and cendana having rice paddy views.

by mullies

I can add Komeneka (the one in town), Samhita Gardens and Puri Saraswati. Bali Spirit gets good reviews.

by wus

We stayed in Sania's house, which has a nice little garden with a small pool and is right in the middle of the village, only 2 minutes walking from the market. They have a garage so you could leave your car there parked safely (if you plan on driving yourself at all). It's not luxury but the rooms are nice and clean. Most also have a balcony and they bring you your breakfast there. From the balconies of the upper rooms in the building next to the pool you have good views over the village. Best of all it was only 30 US.

If you're not coming in the absolute high season and arrive no later than 2 or 3 pm I wouldn't book ahead. You can just go and look up places that were recommended here or elsewhere to see which one you like.

Travel Tips for Ubud

Try to see a cremation.

by Piggy73

In Bali a cremation is not a morbid event it is a celebration of the persons life & family save up what they can to fund the carnival like event.

There are tourist trips to these but that is not something I felt comfortable doing. If you are in Bali for a while you should be able to find one happening a nearby town.

Check out my travelogue for more photos of the one we observed in Ubud.

The famous ( ?) duck!

by tere1 about Bebeck Bengil ( Dirty Duck)

The Bebeck Bengil, usually called Dirty Duck restaurant is very famous for its duck. The famous Dirty Duck! You have to book and order in advance but I was truly disappointed with the duck, it was dry and had no taste at all, so I don't recommend this restaurant. The restaurant is nice but that's it. I still don't know why the duck is so famous here!

Belgian Connection

by SFHulaGIrl about Cafe des Artistes

My significant other & I noticed this restaurant as we passed it several times per day on our comings & goings to/from Honeymoon Guesthouse. I particularly liked the jazzy, moody music that emanated from here, as well as the relaxing, low-key ambience. For lunch one afternoon, I chose the tuna salad nicoise (44,000 IDR), followed by the butterfish estragon (64,000 IDR), a bottle of water (8,000 IDR) & a glass of the house white wine, which I believe they said was Two Islands Chardonnay (40,000 IDR). The tuna nicoise salad was fabulous, the butterfish estragon also quite good & I didn't even mind the chardonnay! I went back later that evening for the cheese plate & another glass of the chardonnay. Portions were healthy, V.A.T. was 10% & the service charge was 5%.

On my next visit to Ubud, I will eat here a minimum of two times!

Monkeys, monkeys , monkeys in Sacred Monkey Forest

by myspices

These monkeys that have made their homes in the Forest Sanctuary are known as Balinese macaques (long-tailed macaques). There are about over 200 of this specie residing in this sanctuary . The adult females are smaller than the males (4-8kg) and have long facial hair like beards. Macaque mothers are very protective towards their infants.

These macaques are sometimes very fierce. They are attracted to plastic bags and water bottles, dangling earrings, spectacles and chains. Advice is not to carry or have any of these on when you are in the forest. We witnessed a young lady being "attacked" by one of the macaques - apparently the little creature wanted to get hold of the plastic bag (thinking that there was food in it) which the girl was carrying. See all photos on the macaques - some are really cute when they are not in its devilish behaviour!

Comments