Jalan Gunung Sari Peliatan, Ubud, Bali, 80571, Indonesia

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Hidden Resort in Ubud

Large room,nice hospitality, good restaurant, comfortable spa...etc.
    Anyway, you can enjoy traditional Balinean music and dance.
    Very quiet, you certainly will be relax.

Unique Quality: I recommend to go to pool next to spa.
    You can enjoy swimming in the wonderful view.

More about Maya Ubud Resort & Spa

5 Stars Luxury

by Canguy about Maya Ubud

Maya Ubud is a resort nestled in the mountain amidst lush vegetations and surrounded by rice fields. It is peaceful and unhurried --- perfect for a relaxing get-away. The service is first-class --- the staff cheerful, polite, and extremely helpful. The amenities in my chalet were luxurious and generous, leaving nothing more to be desired. The best resort-hotel I have ever stayed at, not that I have stayed in many. The setting is perfect for either a relaxing getaway or a romantic interlude.

perfect place to find yourself

by as_and_re_and_sil about maya ubud

wow.can't say a word. really nice.we just cant stop thinking about spending honeymoon there. high quality privacy, great views, spa, nice pool, best golf (like we care), very nice services.

Very nice hotel

by cocame about Maya Ubud

very satisfied with service + quality of the hotel.
overall: price isn't cheap but it's quite worth it, except the prices for the spa treatments, which can be consider too expensive. ubud is a very interesting area and gives lots of possibilities for outdoor sport activities.

Resort Ubud Bali

by Ronario about Maya Ubud Resort Bali

Set in a 10 hectares of hillside garden, Maya Resort and Spa Bali flows from hilltop down to riverside hideaway and is just minutes away from Ubud, with all its cultural and dining attractions.

SImply brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member Grezzer

This is an amazing hotel. Certainly not one for families but if you are in Bali for Culture, Romance or just a peaceful break, The Maya Ubud is an exceptional hotel. Could rant and rave about it for hours.
Once you have a friendly driver, preferably one with A/c in his car, then its an ideal base to see the whole of Bali.
Hotel is certainly worthy of Travellers Choice 2006 Best Hidden Gem - Congrats to whoever got them this accolaide.

Elegant & gracious

by TripAdvisor Member cdixie

My husband and I stayed at the Maya Ubud for 4 nights recently in one of the beautiful plunge pool villas. We were struck by the amazing service of their staff; they were all so gracious and genuinely nice. They cater to your every need; I asked if they had a candle to freshen up our room and they brought us an amazing incense set that we were able to bring home! Afternoon tea is a must, especially if you're lucky enough to catch it during a rainstorm. They also have a wonderful transport system, they are absolutely dependable when it comes to pick ups.

Great Place to Destress.....

by TripAdvisor Member happycustomer100

Just returned from 3 nights at the Maya Ubud which was absolute heaven. We stayed in the superior garden villa - and the only sound to be heard was the birds and the occasional thwack of a tennis ball.

The Spa is situated in a great location and the elevator ride down to reach the infinity pool and facilities is a great way to avoid the steps! We both had the 75 minute massages and it was so tranquil to only hear the sound of the river flowing below and the odd frog!

The amenities around the hotel were excellent and we ate in most of the restaurants and found the service and food to be fantastic.

We also did the nature walk with a guide and enjoyed going through the villages and walking through a rice paddy.

All in all a great place to stay if you want to have peace and quiet but be close to main centre (5/8 minutes away)

Best Place Ever

by TripAdvisor Member Katoo

This is the best place I ever stayed in!!!!

We had a plunge pool villa: a very tranquil and luxurious villa in every sense of the word. It has a living-room, a four-posted-bed, a dressing and a gorgeous spacious bathroom. Outside was our own private pool, app. 2,5m by 6m and a very private garden with views over the tropical forest that surrounds the hotel.

In one of the gorges of the river, that flows nearby, a very tranquil health-spa is located. It also has a beautiful pool with private sitting areas. The massage and spa-treatments were superb!
Near the main building of the hotel there is a panoramic pool, again with vieuws over the tropical forest and again with very private sitting areas.

The food was exquisite! For breakfast, there is the traditional Indonesian breakfast, but also American breakfast and also a Japanese breakfast buffet. There is a panoramic bar with great cocktails and pre-dinner drinks.
The diners we had there were also great, but we often went to Ubud for diner. One evening there was a traditional dance being performed in the hotel, which was great! About 40 or 50 dancers and musicians entertained us - all very professional and serene, though: very classy.

The reception and the staff is very professional and discreet. They will do their utmost best to be as invisible as possible, yet alway delevering their best service!
We felt being treated like royalty!

If you're looking for peace and quiet, excellent service and beautifull surroundings, I would definately recommend this hotel!
It comes very close to being paradise!!

simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member Driftergirl

A travel agent friend recommended this place. I had booked a cheap flight to Bali for a week and really hadn't considered staying in Ubud.....am so glad I was persuaded otherwise, as although I'd never stay in Kuta/Legian/Seminyak again, I would willingly come back to the Maya.

I had a pool villa, although the resort was so quiet when I was there that I could have even stayed in the main building and had the pools to myself. I have never felt so spoilt in all my life - room with television and dvd/cd player, big bathtub, my own pool, and the only sound I could hear was the river running below. I found it hard to want to motivate myself to go into town (but guilt motivated me to at least try once - the hotel had a free service).

I ate a couple of times at the riverside cafe, down by the spa - the food was fresh, healthy (I still remember the gazpacho with prawns very fondly!) - oh, and the menu was very inexpensive here (surprisingly so, given the cost of the hotel and nearby spa treatments). The main bar also had great service and I can highly recommend their local cocktails (I can't remember all the ingredients, but I had one with ginger, lemongrass and vodka that I can only describe as perfect).

I did go into the spa for a massage - it's more expensive than in town, but the location was wonderful, and once I saw the view from the bathtub I was tempted to include a bath treatment too.

I chatted with some of the staff - there are still things that they wanted to improve (one of the main ones was something to reduce the insects in the rooms........the only thing I can suggest might have been missing was a mossie net over the four poster bed, but then again, I liked sleeping with the door open too so am in part to blame for the number of visitors I received! Otherwise, rooms were sprayed regularly to reduce bugs).

If, like me, you need the odd holiday where you need to slow down, this is the perfect spot. Oh, and the free internet in the library meant that I could easily send an email home to everyone to make them jealous too!

Entrance to Maya UbudEntrance to Maya Ubud

Maya Ubud Resort BaliMaya Ubud Resort Bali

Honeymoon in Bali

by VicTheTraveller

Hi everybody,

my sister is going on honeymoon to South East Asia. They will stay there for 5 nights.

Is that enough or too much?

What would you recommend to do during that stay?

Thans a lot for your help!!!!

Vic from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Honeymoon in Bali

by heywinks

Is any vacation really enough time?? :)
I think 5 nights is good. In the Ubud area of Bali, I stayed at Biyukukung Suites and Spa. They have small villa-type rooms that are beautiful, romantic, and private. It's also very affordable and the staff are amazing.
Take a look:
It's definitely a place to stay for a honeymoon.

RE: Honeymoon in Bali

by salrose

hi there. Look no further than Bali. The balinese people are some of the nicest people in the world and it's inexpensive. Ubud is definalty the place to go and if your sister is adventurous tell her to try the white water rafting with a company called Sobek because it's fabulous. If they have the budget have a massage at Maya Ubud hotel. Happy travels.

RE: Honeymoon in Bali

by stevehallam

I honeymooned in Bali. Although we stayed for a full two weeks. I would recommend A trip to see the sea temple - very roamntic - especially if you time trip for sunset! It's a budhist temple built on a rock on the coast -- you can get blessed by the local "Priest".
Th best day we had though was Whte water rafting. It was trip organised by our tour operators (I'm sure all opertors,hotels offer the same trip. the venuw was magnificent as we were on the river for a good period, going under rainforrests, with monkeys in the trees, and seeing fantastic waterfall cascading down canyon walls. My wife was aprehensive as to the danger, but once there it was apparent that there was little risk involved - just exilertaing fun. The trip did take most of the day though - and if yu only have 4 days. maybe just chill on the beach

Comments