Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, 80571, Indonesia

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Padi Prada

LaLucciola restaurant in...

by CultusLake

LaLucciola restaurant in Legian was my favourite..I believe it is owned by Australians, it is on the waterfront, and has good food and a wonderful atmosphere..moderately priced. Nasi goreng ..this is a rice dish with an egg on top, spicy...but good. I did not have this at La Luccicola, but at other restaurants I stopped at like Padi Prada near Ubud.

Island of Gods

by dragontml

"Island of Bali"

13/3
Depart from KLIA at 9:45am on MH 714. It was a 3 hour flight. Arrived safely at Bandar Udara Ngurah Rai. Went through the usual process, immigration and collection of luggages. We were then greeted by young ladies who then gave us flowers to be put around the neck. Suddenly, I felt that I was back in Hawaii, cause I was greeted that way too when I arrived. From the airport, we then proceed to the hotel. Hotel we stayed in was just across the famed Kuta Beach. Sahid Raya Bali. Withing walking distance to HRC and shopping areas. In the evening we left for Uluwatu to watch sunset. The view was just amazing, a beautiful sight ! We were looking at the Indian ocean. Pls. note that the monkeys here are ' business minded '. We were told that the monkeys are aggressive and so to remove all caps, sunglasses, earings as the monkey can just snatch it away. In return you will have to buy peanuts / fruits from the local ppl and hoping that the monkey would drop whatever its holding and take the peanut / fruits. Visitor who wears shorts have to put on a ' sarong ' and the other have to tie a yellow string. We had dinner that night at a local restaurant, Jali Jali, as everyone was hungry, food was good. On the way back, some colleagues did not want to waste time and so they started on their shopping ! I and some colleagues headed to HRC and the live band performance was quite good.

14/3
After breakfast, went for a stroll along Kuta beach. What a sight ! At 11am, we met and went for an early lunch - can't recall the name of the restaurant, but I liked the way that they present the food. Each one of us had our own basket. Visited an ancient Mengwi Royal Family Taman Ayun Temple and also Bertam Lake Temple. Next stop was to the monkey forest. We were in time to watch the sunset at Tanah Lot, located at the west coast, another beautiful sight ! Dinner was Padang style of cooking, dishes was served on small plates with many variety. At night, a short stroll at the beach to see the stars and hear the waves of the ocean.

15/3
After breakfast, we left to watch the Barong & Kris Dance. It was an hour's performance. It was somewhat unique. We then head on to Village of Celuk, famous for gold & silver, Village of MAS, a wood carving center. Lunch was at a local restaurant, Padi Prada where we had a buffet lunch. Ubud, visited a sacred holly spring at Tampaksirin. Finally to Kintamani Village, perched on the rim of the Batur Volcanic Basin. One of the volcano is still a live one ! Dinner was at Angsa Putih, it was a seafood dinner. There was a dance performance.

16/3
Leisure day, spent the morning lazing at the beach. Pls. note to be extra carefull, local women who are there to sell you things, massage, manicure, pedicure and etc...pls. negiotiate price as to not be con at the end.
Rest of the afternoon was spent shopping for souveniers. Dinner was at a local restaurant Natrabu, we had Minang food. Food was served on small plates and had many variety of dishes. It was not spicy but a little bit salty. The rest of the evening was spent at HRC, lots of ppl from Jawa as it was the weekend...it was the same live band performing but different songs.

17/3
Last day here in Bali. Last minute shopping and then left for the airport. Flight home was at 1:30pm on MH715 and it was a rather fast flight. Somehow, coming back home seem to be much faster then going to the destination. Overall, it was a fun and enjoyable holiday. Back home with a tan, memories of Bali and considering of making another trip back !

"December 2006"

Year end vacation and 2nd visit to the island. After four years and Kuta is still busy busy. Waves @ kuta still strong and a sight to watch.

Had one dinner @ Jimbaran Bay, the taksi man took us to one restaurant and did not have a choice to make our choice. Dinner was late and so most seafood was finished ! The waves @Jimbaran was an interesting watch...

New Year eve @ Kuta, loads of people around, locals and tourist and traffic was controlled. Thankfully, it was not a rainy evening...fireworks was minimal...

One nite @ sanur was more relaxed as the place was quiet. Our last dinner, was the best of all meals that we had and I forgot the camera [think it was the rain which got to me], the meal was fantastic, local cuisine, satay lilit & rendang together with a welcome drink of the local ' Arak madu '

Memories of Bali to keep !

Scallops with Anchovy ButterScallops with Anchovy Butter

SignSign

Guacamole & a Pear FreezieGuacamole & a Pear Freezie

Ricefield ViewsRicefield Views

where to stay in Ubud?

by rrm24

Hi
My wife and I are currently in Bogor and would like to spend a romantic weekend in Bali. We have decided to base ourselves at Ubud, but cannot settle on a hotel. We are in the 50-75 USD a night range. After extensive searching we have come down to a choice between Ketut's Place and Ulun Ubud. I would be really grateful for any comments anyone might have about these two places...

Thanks!

by worldinabag

Hi

Try Trip Advisor for hotel reviews. This link for Ulan Ubud for example provides an extensive review by one guest - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d309360-r3511722-Ulun_Ubud_Resort_Spa-Ubud_Bali.html

Have a great trip

where to stay in Ubud?

by heywinks

I haven't stayed in either of those places but I stayed at Biyukukung in Ubud. Not sure if you took a look at that resort but it's beautiful & very romantic.
My friend & I paid US$40/night when we stayed it and it was so worth it. The staff are AMAZING and very helpful and friendly. I HIGHLY recommend staying at Biyukukung.

by Homanded

We just returned last month from staying at Ulun Ubud. We loved the sense of being away from it all while still having the convinience of a choffeur drive us to/from the town square and everywhere we wanted to go.
The people were amazingly helpful and corteous! For more info, you're welcomed to check out my pages. Pictures there of the rooms and hotel itself.
Enjoy

by nitrox

I have stayed at Ketut's Place. They have 2 kinds of rooms. The more expensive ones overlook a very lush gorge and are very private (they are actually built into the side of the gorge). There is nice pool overlooking the gorge. This place is a few minute walk from the main intersection. They also serve a traditional meal a few nights week. The problem with Ubud area, there are so many nice places to choose from. You might want to e-mail a few places, see if they will have room the weekend you are going to be there, then pay the taxi driver to stop off at these places and check them out.

RE: RE: where to stay in Ubud?

by rrm24

Thanks to all who replied!
In the event, we ended up at a place called Padi Prada on the southern loop of Monkey Forest Road. An excellent place with only 5 villas, padi field and monkey forest view and delightful service within walking distance of central Ubud. Highly recommended.
Cheers,
rrm24

Travel Tips for Ubud

Death by Chocolate

by arni_ph075 about Cafe Wayan & Bakery

Another tropical garden seating restaurant, very cozy and intimate. Tables are wide apart to provide a little privacy while dining.

The decor are mostly traditional Balinese architecture, with flower offerings, and low tables. Cafe Wayan is known for local Balinese cuisines like nasi campur, nasi goreng... Since I was more interested in dessert, I order the Death by Chocolate and a refreshing water melon shake..Both really good.

Death by Chocolate is really CHOCOLATE. Its delicious, but something that you cannot eat daily, you will die fast. The serving is small, but really potent.

Agung Rai Museum of Art

by tommix

Ubud is widely known as a capital of culture and art in Bali. And it's probably true. Number of art gallerys and museums is really impressive. It's almost impossible to visit them all. But don't miss Arma - Agung Rai Museum of Art. In a splendid complex of balinese style buildings you can see a huge collection of traditional and contemporary sculptures and paintings, including works of foreign artists who lived and worked on Bali. It's a only place on the island were you can see works paintings of legendary German artist, who has influenced a lot local artists, Walter Spies.
Admission ticket cost 20 000 Rps. Museum is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm.

There is also a hotel (Kokoan Hotel) within the museum grounds as well a very pleasent bar - Cafe ARMA.

Bali Animal Welfare Association

by SFHulaGIrl

If you have time, you might want to volunteer for a few hours at the Bali Animal Welfare Association. They have an office on Monkey Forest Road, but the clinic is located about 10 minutes away in Lohtundah. They care for both cats and dogs. Please be aware that you are required to have had rabies vaccinations to handle the dogs, but not the cats.

Comments