Nyuh Kaning Village, Ubud, 80571, Indonesia

Agoda.com AMOMA.com Otel.com

• abooz's Profile Photo

Budget hotel at its best

We decided to stay for two days in this hotel after checking comments from other guest. the hotel is surrounded by paddy fields, very quiet and peaceful area. it is 2 minute walk from monkey forest back entrance, that is behind the main temple. had a very good sleep and rest in this hotel as it is away from the busy streets. they provide free wifi in the reception and swimming pool area (not in the room). they also provide free shuttle service to Ubud town. the rooms are clean, traditional and facing the garden or paddy fields. the staffs are very friendly. would recommend to any budget travelers as it offers good place to relax and at the same time close to Ubud town.

Unique Quality: Peaceful, quiet, friendly staff, free shuttle to Ubud, free wifi connection, cheap, traditional,

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

Behind the Monkey Jungle in Ubud

While I stayed in Ubud for a week, I chose to stay at Saren Indah, because of the greet deal I was able to negotiate with them over the internet. At first, I was a bit skeptical on the location, but once there, I found that it fit perfectly in what I was looking for. Located in a rural setting of rice fields, and yet just minutes away from the Money Jungle Forest.

The rooms are clean; each with their own terrace, TV, refrigerator, bathtub, AC, and internet access for just 250 RH the minute, for those of you who travel with a lap top.
    A swimming pool is available, and various day excursions can be arranged.

There are a few restaurants in the area including the romantic Laka Leke, along with small shops selling a variety of souvenirs. There is a yoga center right down the street with classes at 9:00 am.

Published Rates are from $40-$95

But I was able to negotiate the rate down
    to $25 a night
    during VERY low season for a week.

Sssssshhhh! It's a secret.

More about Saren Indah Hotel

Highly recommend the Indah

by TripAdvisor Member mekikan

I recently returned from a trip to Indoesia, and the highlight accomodation wise was definitely the Saren Indah Hotel in Ubud. The rooms were simply beautiful, the staff were extra friendly and the surroundings were incredibly tranquil. It is located a 10 minute stroll through the monkey forest (free entry to that is a bonus) to the main part of town. They also have a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere you want at any time. Breakfast is included, and you get a big choice which is also a bonus. I would definitely return.

Fantastic Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member roskolewis

Whilst many hotels in Ubud gather dust and still push their prices up, Saren Indah focuses on their service, cleanliness and maintenance better than most whilst still charging a comparatively low $37 per night. It has the homestay price and atmosphere whilst the service is on a par with the big guns. Clean, extremely helpful and very friendly, if you have a tight budget but still want hotel treatment, this is the place for you in Ubud.

An excellent choice which I never regret

by TripAdvisor Member Vannterline

As this is the first time I travel to Bali and alone, hence I was quite cautious when come to the choice of a nice and safe hotel.
After reading reviews of Saren Indah hotel in Trip Advisor and other relevant websites, I decided to try my luck there.
I was glad that I made a right choice as this hotel really meets my requirement and I had nothing to complain about when come to a fussy person like me.

Here's the great points that Saren Indah holds :
-Offer free massage or dinner for certain time stay package
- Free daily breakfast that taste really delicious especially the bamik goreng and pancake.
-Free hourly shuttle service which drop and pick you within Ubud area.
-They did housekeeping twice daily much to my delight and surprise as not all 4 or 5 star hotel will have such service let alone a low budget hotel like them.
-Convenient location which just mere 15mins walk to the Ubud central that consist of restaurants, shops, spa and also 5mins walk to one of the tourist attraction Monkey Forest.
- Bathtub, thats really important to me as I can relax myself after all the walking whole day. Beside not all hotel have such facility coz of the low budget factor.
- Provide free tea and coffee daily in the room balcony deck.
-Beautiful garden, flowers, plants and great green scenery which can be discover in all corners of the hotel.
-Friendly and helpful staffs that go beyond their duties to fulfill your request.
-low budget room that comes with satisfying amneties and service that worth value.
-the staff ensure the room stay cleans, fresh and cozy everytime they do housekeepiing like putting pretty flowers every corner in the room, clean the bathtub and toilet bowls, refill the toiletries, mineral water and tidy the bed etc.

Although am travelling alone this trip but I dont feel lonely at all as Saren Indah makes me feel safe and warmth just like home.
The staffs treated me more like family & friend rather than a normal guest. Am sure the other guests staying there feel the same too.
I had stayed there for 9 days and till the day I check out, still feel its not enough and wish I can stay further. I will definitely return there on my next trip.

An Oasis of calm and serenity

by TripAdvisor Member UsaPassportStamper

Ahhh the Saren Indah. What a beautiful place. I booked a package with them for $60 per night for a room with A/C, minibar, TV. The room was spotlessly clean, I mean the cleanest room Ive ever stayed in. We had a four poster bed with mossy netting (not that there were any mossys). The bathroom tub was luxurious. Our deck was supplied with tea every morning. We slept to the sounds of frogs croaking and awoke to ducks quacking. Not in a noisy way, but in a natural peaceful way. Breakfast was excellent, the pool nice, The staff so helpful and smiling. It was a 10-15 minute walk through the monkey forest to Ubud center. Some might be annoyed by that, but the forest is cool, and we enjoyed each walk through there. It is close to everything, yet away from the beeping motorbikes. Loved it.

Great service and beautiful setting

by TripAdvisor Member ElsBellesLondon

We booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews for Saren Indah. We were looking for a comfortable, relaxing place to stay in Ubud and we weren't disappointed.
We stayed 3 nights in October '08 and loved everything about the place. The hotel was beautiful, laid out in stunning gardens with a Japanese pond, swimming pool, and exotic flowers. The location was ideal, despite the walk past the monkey forest, as it was only 15 minutes walk into the main centre. As well as being super friendly and courteous the staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable in your room - there were so many nice touches, from the twice-daily housekeeping, to afternoon tea on your balcony at 3pm, to fresh towels at the swimming pool folded on the chairs with flowers placed on them. Every morning there was a delicious breakfast laid out in the garden restaurant, although we only took advantage of this on one day as the other two days we left too early for breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - they were happy to organise tours and to pick us up from the hotel, a taxi to the airport, and a free shuttle to and from town. This was very handy in the evening as the route past the monkey forest is pitch black at night, so you don't feel very safe walking along there. We had a room on the ground floor with our own veranda facing the paddie fields. The accommodation was beautiful and really clean and much care was taken to maintain this during our stay. At night the bed would be "turned down" with the mosquito net untied to hang around the bed. The frog chorus in the evening was not quiet, but added to the special atmosphere of the place. We were there in mid-season, but we were lucky to find availability two days before arriving; we were talking to another couple who were only able to stay for two nights as the hotel was full, so they stayed in an almost identical hotel next door, which they said was empty in comparison. I would recommend the Saren Indah Hotel to anyone who appreciates peaceful surroundings, service with a smile (and a bow) and immaculate and spacious rooms.

Nice, quiet, very friendly and helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member newearth

Stayed in Saren Indah (deluxe room) for 3 nights. Everything was great. Deluxe rooms are all upstairs and you can see over the rice field which is quite nice. But, rooms downstairs looked good with nice garden in front. The room was very clean everyday. The bathroom was also very nice. Staff were always very helpful and responded quickly.

It's right next to Monkey Forest Sactuary and you can go through the monky forest to get to Ubud central. It takes about 5 min to get to Ubud on foot, then it takes another 5-10 min to get to the central. We walked through the monkey forest everyday even at night, but, if you don't like walking, the hotel provides free transport to Ubud wherever you want any time on your request.

Only one thing was the sound proof between downstairs and upstairs. You can sort of hear even people downstairs conversation etc. Also it would be very good if there is some kind of blind outside balcony area between buidings for privacy because the room where we stayed, our balcony was totally open to the balcony in the next building. Luckily, next door people and us never sat in the balconys at the same time...

But, those are only minor things. The hotel was exellent for value . Definitely will return if we are going back to Bali!

Great hotel; incredible staff

by TripAdvisor Member dstravel08

I absolutely loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone going to Ubud. Our room was lovely, the hotel is in a great location, and the staff is incredibly friendly and responsive. It felt like staying with a family. Staying at this hotel made our stay in Bali even more relaxing and memorable.

The most beautiful hotel we ever stayed in the centre of Bali

by TripAdvisor Member monoloco67

This beautiful hotel is small and quiet (at night you can only hear the croaking of hundreds of frogs... beautiful...). It has the most clean rooms we ever had in Bali and very friendly and helpful staff!

The breakfast is good and rich. In the afternoon you will get a pot of hot water to make te or coffee while sitting on your own terrace.

The bungalows are situated in between rice fields and behind the monkey forest. From the rooms in the first floor you have a beautiful view over the rice fields - while sitting in the bath.

Please note: when high season starts at the beginning of July the hotel is booked up - better you book in advance!

Comments