Hanoman Street Padang Tegal, Ubud, 80571, Indonesia

HotelTravel.com Otel.com

• IdreamIam's Profile Photo

Best value in Ubud

I have now stayed at Tegal Sari 6 times, my husbad and I discovered it about 8 years ago when staying in Sanur we decided to spend a few nights in Ubud and came across Tegal Sari, unfortunately they were fully booked. We made sure on our next visit to Bali we booked in advance, since then we keep going back and tell friends who then keep returning.

Tegal Sari is wonderful value for money, their breakfast is great, the pool is lovely, rooms very comfortable, staff absolutey fantastic, rice paddies come up to the boundry line of the hotel grounds and you can sit on your verandah and watch the daily routine of work in the paddies yet you are only a short walk from Monkey Forrest Rd and of course that means theMonkey Forrest as well. The Hotel car will take you anywhere in Ubud and if you want pick you up after.

They also have a very good day spa that is really well priced, you have to make sure you book there as well.

Unique Quality: In my opinion sitting on your verandah with drink and a book with your camera beside you is a wonderful way to spend an early morning or evening.

Directions: Very close to the Bebek Bangal Resturant (Dirty Duck Restaurant)

• Chrissy50's Profile Photo

A great find in Ubud

I have just returned from my 3rd stay at Tegal Sari, this time it was for 2 weeks. So you could say it is a favourite, if you check out Tegal Sari on Trip Advisor you will find lot's of great reviews. It will only take you about 10 mins to walk to the bottom of Monkey Forrest Rd. However one of the Hotel Car's will drive you anywhere you want in Ubud at no cost. I would often get them to drop me at a favourite Restaurant for lunch then walk back. However there are plenty of good restaurants very near Tegal Sari.

Unique Quality: The staff at Tegal Sari are all wonderful, nothing is too much of a bother, they go out of their way to help with any request. The Restaurant is only very small and so is the kitchen however the food is really very good, you have a good selection of choices for breakfast and if you wish you can have it delivered to your room. I am still missing my breakfast on the balcony each day, watching the ducks in the Rice Paddies, or the tiny little birds gathering very long strips of dried grass to add to their nest and being fascinated at how eaily they can fly with a strip about a metre long in their beaks.
    I am planning my next visit and hopefully 3 weeks this time. I had a wonderful relaxing time.

Directions: 10 minute walk from the bottom of The Monkey Forrest Rd

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Great view around padi

When I came here, the hotel was full, so no chance to stay here, but I had around inside the room, especially the sweet room on top, the room whole from glasses, so can see the view all around paddys, so nice and great feeling to stay and comfort.

• This place could ruin your holiday

After reading the online reviews I was pretty confident in giving this place a try. A bit scary because you can only book the place from the website and had to prepay everything beforehand.
    But I must say at the end this place truly was much much better than advertised.I can safely say that this must be one of the best hotels I ever stayed in.Not just in value, but also in atmosphere, class and all out service.
    I was really sad that I only stayed here for two days.

I stayed at the Superdeluxe wooden room. It's actually the top half of a whole balinese Villa.The interior was all very beautifull. WIth a huge high end bathroom.Bath tub was enough for two with a view to the rice paddies.
    We got a huge 4 poster bed.Utterly romantic with curtains down.Outside was a large veranda/terrace overlooking the gorgeous rice paddies and the monkey forest. Simply wonderfull views. The best part of the place is the breakfast. You can choose several breakfast sets.From fried rice to pancakes.
    The hotel offers possiblilty to getting the breakfast in the restaurant OR get it served at your terrace. Well nothing beats a morning breakfast at your terrace overlooking that wonderfull scenery.SIMPLY wonderfull.An unbeatable experience.
    And then I haven't taken into account the superb service that we got from the personnel or the free ubud pickup service.

Just a bit of warning...this hotel was so great that it basically ruined the whole holiday.All other hotels I stayed in paled in comparison to Tegal Sari....making them all feel second class.
    Even Alam Kul Kul fails to approach Tegal Sari.

Simply put one of the best holiday stays i ever had.

Unique Quality: This is a small(less then 20 rooms) resort.Only bookable form online.
    Pricewise it's unbeatable.Starts from less than 30$.But the best imho are the Duplex villa(60$) and the super deluxe rooms(50$).They also have rooms for families etc.
    Swimmingpool is small but very beautifull.Azure blue water thanks to its special natural stones they used.
    Free pickup/dropoff service in UBUD.
    Free breakfast in your room/terrace.
    Outdoor Gym.
    Service is awesome and they will arrange everything for you.

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Ubud's Best Kept Accommodation

Fantastic place, its Ubud's best kept accommodation, the staff are very accommodating and will do all the extra mile to ensure satisfaction of the guests.

Rooms are facing the paddy fields, with verandah, and bathrooms got bath tubs, with a nice view. I like the rooms, all with paintings, including the bathrooms..specially made for Tegal Sari by local Ubud artists.

Breakfast is included on the room rates, a nice selection of local Balinese cuisine, its not buffet, but it will be delivered to your room on your desired time.

Even on low season, Tegal Sari have a very high occupancy rate and most of the guests are repeat clients or recommended by friends.. As bookings can only be done direct to the hotel, (no agents) its best to book advance as they have 20 plus rooms only.

Unique Quality: Anywhere in central Ubud, they offer free drop off and pick up anytime.

Its really a big plus to their service, after museum hopping and you wish to dine in a restaurant, but quite a distance to walk, just call Tegal Sari reception, they will pick you up and drop off at the dining place... I love it. The drivers are really nice and courteous, and can make good recommendation on the food to it.

I stayed last Nov '06 for 2nights, and I receive an electronic greeting card last December '07, wishing a happy holidays. Wow.

Directions: along the Hanoman Street, walking distance to Monkey Forest

• austarman's Profile Photo

Tegal Sari's Tranquility

I've been to Bali 13 times now but this place stands out for me as something a bit special.
    The friendliness of the staff, the quality of the rooms as well as the rice fields setting makes this a really relaxing and unique place to stay.
    It is about 1.5kms from the town centre but the staff at Tegal Sari run a free shuttle into Ubud and pick you up again for free whatever time you want to come home.

Unique Quality: They have a great pool and restaurant here as well as internet ,a small outoor gym and thier own spa and massage place just up the road called Pertenin Body care.
    The room rates are reasonable and the staff are very friendly too.

Directions: Just 1.5kms out of town on the road to Denpaser and on the right.

• touraco's Profile Photo

Wonderful Accomodation

I have described my stay here in my main Bali page so I shall not repeat myself again.

Wonderful service and room and breakfast. And we had a wonderful room overlooking the padi fields.

Breakfast can be served in your room or at their restaurant.

More about Tegal Sari

Ubud Best accommodation

by p_yenyen about Tegal Sari Accommodation

Very nice accommodation! Took the deluxe accommodation and it only cost us RP350k. The most affordable and worth staying. Only if you like scenery (padi fields).

There are so many to choose...

by ljoyce

There are so many to choose from, practically the whole of Monkey Forest Road in Ubud. But these are some of my favourites:

Budget - Tegal Sari - 250000 rp for deluxe rooms, great padi fields views, quiet, with a/c , swimming pool etc

Moderate- Bali Spirit Hotel and Spa - luxury at moderate prices- will stay there on my trip on 10June 2002
Lembongan Island - Coconuts Resort - stunning views from the villas overlooking the ocean...
Bali Spirt - US$55
Tegal Sari - 250000 rp
Coconuts Resort - US$65 I think Coconuts Resort is absolutely beautiful, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, the ocean is right out there....everyday, u can hear the relaxing sounds of the waves and watch the changing colours of the ocean...at low tide...you can see the seaweed farmers busy at work.

Bali's Hospitality

by touraco about Tengal Sari Ubud Accomodation

Tegal Sari is located in Ubud. We wanted to get the duplex for our accomodation but was told there is only one duplex and it has been booked so we settled for the super deluxe room.

Our guestroom was facing the paddies field and the service of the staff was polite and warm. Everyone greeted you when they see you at anytime of the day.

Breakfast was good and service was fantastic. Rooms were great, clean and neat.

Near the famous Bebek Bengil Restaurant and walkable to the Ubud market.

ubud stay

by dragontml

hi there. looking for two nights accomodation at the end of May 09.
have found Tunjung Mas bungalows and Tegal Sari, both located at Padang Tegal. has anyone stayed at either of these hotels before ?
what did you think of the accomodation ? also, what is nearby to these hotels ?

thanks.
tml

by Chrissy50

Regarding Tanjung Mas bungalows I don't know anything about them.
Enjoy your stay where ever it happens to be, Ubud is lovely.

by dragontml

tq christine for your reply on tegal sari. does help in making decision ! :D

by enysg

hi,
stayed at tegal sari very time my family visit bali.ask for the rooms near the swimmingpool.

Comments