Uma Ubud

Tags

Women's Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Family Travel
See Amenities

POOR SECURITY AT UMA HOTEL, UBUD

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 6, 2009

Together with my family (including my 80 year old mother), I attended Uma's New Years Eve so-called "Bling in the New Year" event. At around mid-night, we were suddenly confronted by an extremely hostile Maltese or Spanish family who insisted on taking our seats. The elderly woman (presumably the mother) started shouting obsenities while her daughter physically assaulted my sister, pushing her to the ground. My main concern was for our safety and I immediately looked for security personnel while extracting my traumatised mother from the area. No-one from the hotel would assist us so we decided to leave to avoid further violence.

As we left, we lodged our complaint with the hotel manager who simply offered smiling platitudes. He still refused to call any security to remove the violent Spanish family so we went home after one of the worst New Years ever imaginable.

It seems the security at this hotel is limited to a cursory check of your car as you enter the front gates. After that you are on your own. Good luck if you are staying there!

gmschmit's Profile Photo

Paradise unfolds

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2007

We stayed at the Uma on honeymoon...the second of three accommodations. I loved the staff at Uma. We were there 4 days and they quickly learned our habits and preferences. They were also the only place in Bali that understood what we meant by "we need benadryl or the like" for our mosquito bites. We stayed in a pool-side villa. The rooms are gorgeous! Ours had a water feature in the entry hallway which you walked over complete with koi fish. My husband became ill while at Uma and the staff did everything they could to help. The yoga class is a must! The teaching area overlooks the most breathtaking scene from nature. Also, out of the 5 massages I had in Bali, this one was the best.

Unique Quality: Try the French Toast with Charnadon and Lime for breakfast- it's outstanding. Relax by the bar and play board games before dinner. Take the yoga class...and take it again! Naughty Nuris is down the street and a great place for ribs and a beer if you're looking for casual dining. Indus, a phenomenal restaurant has latin music on Monday nights. This is one of the best restaurants in Bali and it's owned by an Australian woman who fell in love with a Balinese man-- they now have 4 children. The hotel is quiet, serene and utterly gorgeous. We visited their sister property and found this one to be superior. Location is Ubud is also ideal.

Nearby Uma Ubud

Uma Ubud

• Uma Hotel Ubud
  • Uma Resort Ubud
  • Uma Ubud Hotel Ubud

Address: Jalan Raya Sanggingan, Banjar Lungsiakan, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali, 80571, Indonesia

Amenities at Uma Ubud

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Ubud Travel Forum

Need advice about Ubud, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Ubud and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ubud hotel reviews

Wood Carving Demonstrations
Mas Village
Visit Museums at Ubud
Things to Do
Do not waste your time and money
Our Home Compound in Bali
The Joged Dance Performance
Cooking Class in Ubud
Bali fitness retreat
Things to Do
Great place to people watch
Bunute
Beautiful Bathing Suits
Shopping
Affordable Italian
Co-existence at Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud
Things to Do
Incredible views during ricefield walks in Ubud