Komlek Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur, Magelang, Indonesia

Hotel Manohara Borobudur
Agoda.com AsiaRooms.com Booking.com

• Jeanling's Profile Photo

A must if you plan to visit Borobudur

My travel-junkie BFF and I stayed here for a night and we loved it, even though we arrived late at the hotel (due to delayed flight and rain) and missed out some of the activities in the temple that we have planned. The hotel can be reached by foot if one alights at Terminal Borobudur, about 15 to 20 minutes walks away.

We booked our room through booking.com for IDR750,000.00/night and we think this is really worth the value, as hotel guests have unlimited entrance to the temple. Guest will get Borobudur Pass, Breakfast Voucher and Audio Visual Voucher after checking in. We were told to watch the video on Borobudur in our room (on channel 27) during our stay as the Audio Visual Room was in used due to some Wesak related function being held at the hotel.

We loved the welcoming drink served – sparkling water with honey and lemongrass stalk as the stirrer. For us the room was huge, but more importantly, it was clean, with good water pressure on the hot and cold shower, not to mentioned that there were both 2-pin and 3-pin plug points in the room.

WIFI only worked for us in the lobby / reception area. There is a small counter selling postcards, photo books and Borobudur souvenirs just in front of Witarka Open Hall and we saw a a Gambang with traditional Javanese dance performance there at night. We loved the in-room picture book as well, it helped us to understand a bit more about the temple. Wished we had more time to read it though.

One thing we did not like was the lock at the main entrance to the room #20 – we had a little trouble closing the door everything we wanted to go out from the room and we never quite worked out how to do it during our whole stay there.

Manohara Sunrise Tour cost IDR230,000/pax and it's really worth waking in up early in the morning for that. Sunrise tour came together with morning tea/coffee and light meal at the coffee shop. The temple can get quite crowded once the sunrise tour was over and non hotel guests started to flood the temple – so cherish the early morning tranquillity you get during the sunrise tour, seeing the sun rising between the 2 great volcano of Merapi and Merbabu was simply magnificent! This alone is worth the visit. For us, this hotel is a must if you plan to visit Candi Borobudur.

*Similar review by the same author under the user ID gardenchime is also available at Tripadvisor.com*

Unique Quality: Close proximity and unlimited entrance to Candi Borobudur,
    Sunrise Tour catering only to hotel guests,

More about Manohara Resort Hotel

Ride from Jogja to Dieng Plateau

by bkarjee

If you are a nature lover, I would rather suggest spending a full day and stopping overnight at Dieng (although the stay options at Dieng are very limited and very basic). Please have a look at my Dieng page in VT. Dieng is a beautiful place and is a 3 hrs drive from Jogja, if u drive leisurely. There are lot of things to see in Dieng. There are active craters that you can see from a very close distance (quite scary), geysers, ancient Hindu Temple ruins etc. If time permits and if you are enthusiastic, you can trek to a sunrise point early in the morning. This is near one village, which is the highest village in Java. The potato plantations, clouds, lakes are beautiful. The drive from wonosobo to Dieng Pleateau is so beautiful, I spent almost 2-3 hrs to cover this short stretch. The landscape is very very beautiful and weather is quite cold. We used to stop very often, click photographs and move forward. In lot of places, our vehicle was surrounded completely by clouds and it was an excellant experience.
Whiler returning, it is a good idea to stay at Manohara and visit Borobudur Buddhist temple.
I have written a big travelogue about my Jogja-Dieng visit in my Jogja page in VT. If time permits, do have a look at it.

Yogjakarta

by edmundgrove

Hi - we'd like to stay in the Manohara Hotel, Borobodur.
Does anyone know how I can get in contact with them (updated email address, or phone number?)
Thanks
E

RE: Yogjakarta

by xuessium

HI! E:

There is actually a tip in VT:

Don't know if the phone number listed is updated.

RE: Yogjakarta

by xuessium

and this MAY be the official website:

How many losmens or budget hotels at Jalan Sosrowijayan?

by SeLLDoGeYe

I'm going to stay in a losmen or budget hotel at Jalan Sosrowijayan during my trip to Jogja. Is it necessary to book a room first? Thanks.

by sukalejong

Hi,
When will you come? After Eid Fitri Holiday until Christmas Holiday start you will get a room easily.
Have a nice trip!

by SeLLDoGeYe

Hi, I'll be there from 5th to 8th of Dec. I emailed some losmens and budget hotels a few times but no reply from them.

by SeLLDoGeYe

Sorry, how about Manohara Hotel? Will it be full around that time?

by sukalejong

Hi,
It is a low season for Yogya at the time you come.
If you still not get answered by those hotels, just come and do walk in check in. But before that I suggest you to pick some hotel you like so at least you already have a place to go. You can see list of Yogya hotel at this site: www.gudeg.net. This site is in bahasa Indonesia, but I think that is not an obstacle for you.
Another option, make resevation from this site: www.yogyes.com
I hope this help you on you journey.

3 Days in Jogja

by SeLLDoGeYe

Hi! I plan to take a one-day tour (about 8-10 hours) to Dieng Plateau and on the way back, stop at Ketep Pass for a while then, stay overnight at Manohara Hotel for sunrise. Please tell me the places in Dieng Plateau that I MUST go as I prefer to spend more time at Ketep Pass and if possible, able to enjoy the sunset at Borobudur as well.

I would also like to know if the tour to Bromo from Jogja includes Solo or not. Please tell me around how much is the tour from Jogja to Bromo (including and excluding Solo).

Thanks a lot! Have a nice weekend!

Re: 3 Days in Jogja