Gallery Hotel Kresna Wonosobo

Tags

Backpacking
See Amenities
hdv63's Profile Photo

Unique hotel in a nice village

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 4, 2010

The hotel provides four-star standard facilities, such as 24-channels-TV, minibar, safety box, and IDD phones. Other facilities include coffee and tea makers, bathrobe plus any other special amenities. The Moespati Restaurant designed after a unique Dutch house offers traditional and international food presented in a perfect intimate setting for an evening of socializing. Recreational facilities at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, the kid room and meeting room.

Unique Quality: Art on the walls, gardens between the rooms.

Directions: ± 1 km north of the central square.

Good hotel, lousy management

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2010

We were an experienced group of four (I had lived and worked in Indonesia for 15 years), needing accommodation in Wonosobo. The Gallery Hotel Kresna was recommended to us. We arrived late in the afternoon, tired and hungry. Went in to dinner-we were the first people in the dining room. Ordered food, sat down to wait.

Then the dining room filled up with a Dutch tour group. The sour-faced woman who runs the hotel flitted from table to table, making nice, chatting-ignoring us the whole time.

We never did get fed, whereas all the members of the Dutch group were fed and feted.

The hotel itself is a grand old relic, and if you are a member of a tour group then by all means. But Wonosobo is packed with smaller, family-run hotels where the word "guest" has meaning.

bpacker's Profile Photo

Craving for Creature Comforts

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 6, 2006

Despite my vows to travel on a budget, there are times when I break it summarily due to sheer exhaustion and homesickness. This was the case in Wonosobo(Java). Earlier that day, I had travelled more than 100km from Yogya on several rickety buses and was bone tired. By the time I reached my destination, it was a very stormy and dark 4pm. So, what did I do? Check into the best hotel (Hotel Kresna) in that area. And I was happy I did so. It turned out to be affordable (USD40), the room was beautifully furnished and the service was excellent. I had long nap. And when I woke up, I discovered a beautiful pool outside and other aesthectically pleasing features and remnants of the Indonesia's colonial past. Also, from the front of the hotel, I saw mirrored padi fields reflecting a grand backyard, Dieng Plateau!

Unique Quality: Things I liked

1)Antique Dutch Posters promoting air flights, cigarettes, etc. circa 1930s.

2)Stained glass and chandelier in the lobby

3)The stylish dining room

4)The comforting feel of the wood panelled flooring in the rooms. I had the best sleep ever over here.

Directions: Click on the weblink to book

ukirsari's Profile Photo

Remain the old Dutch planters

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 29, 2004

I was not stay here, but going to the coffee shop and dining room to see the original old building of Galery Hotel Kresna which I like so much :)

Unique Quality: Famous paintings in the exhibition room and Dutch architecture for the dining room. The hotel is built in 1921 and said as the oldest hotel at central Java.

Directions: At the downtown, nearby alun-alun

7 Photos of Gallery Hotel Kresna Wonosobo

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Gallery Hotel Kresna Wonosobo

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking

Wonosobo Travel Forum

Need advice about Wonosobo, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Wonosobo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Wonosobo