Jalan Raya Medan Berastagi, Berastagi, 20151, Indonesia

funland - Mikie Holiday
Booking.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

• tanamay's Profile Photo

Mikie Holiday

Mikie Holiday Resort and Hotel is a hotel by the main road going to Berastagi town coming from Medan City. Nice hotel with an attached theme park/rides beside it. Great view of Sibayak and Sinabung volcanoes. The swimming pool is cold since the place is cold. No air conditioner due to cool place but if the room becomes stuffy, you cannot open your windows because mosquitoes and other insects may enter the room.

Good for a weekend stay since theme park is open only on weekends.

Cost us IDR 290,000 (ca. 2005) a night.

Unique Quality: Beside a theme park which is open on weekends only.

Have two restaurant (Orchid & Azalea).

Directions: About ten minutes drive before Berastagi town coming from Medan

More about Berastagi

A view of Sinabung volcano from front of the hotelA view of Sinabung volcano from front of the hotel

Hotel & Theme Park from the theme park hillHotel & Theme Park from the theme park hill

Gunung SibayakGunung Sibayak

take a bath!!!take a bath!!!

Transportation from Berastagi to Medan

by joshualimkw

any car rental or shared Kijang service from Berastagi to Medan?

What is the cost?

Thanks.

Re: Transportation from Berastagi to Medan

by pPamela

Hi,

I am not sure of the cost but I have a good friend in Medan Bob Sumatra who has a lovely 6-7 seater fully air con van that he takes travellers on tour with.
Maybe he can help you with transport.
Here are all his details and travellers' comments.
Hope this helps you.
Pamela

Travel Tips for Berastagi

Traditional Villages & Voluntary Guides part 1

by Bonobo2005

We did 2 nice daytrips to visit some villages in the countryside around Berastagi.

Only the first was intended however!
Two local girls, that I met near the hot springs at the foot of Mt. Sibayak the day before, voluntarily guided me to Kabanjahe market, Dolok village and the spectacular viewpoint called Gundaling Hill.

These girls were truly amazing and helpful, although they hadn't been to Dolok Village before and were actually as shy as I was when there...

In the end the Dolok Village was the least pleasant experience of the day. The introduction to local food and the fun we had were much more memorable!

Traditional Villages & Voluntary Guides part 2

by Bonobo2005

I hooked up with some other travellers to climb Mt. Sinabung. We had called a local teacher, who - according to an advertisement - offered free guideservice in exchange of patiently practising English.

One hour late, two 14 year old little boyish schoolkids finally showed up who had never been on the mountain before. Dressed in their best outfits and terribly scared for gangs of local Medan youth, who apparently visit this area in the weekends.

Instead of having a guide, we had to guide THEM, and of course not to the very demanding Mt. Sinabung summit. Moreover there was no time enough anymore anyway!

We had decide to postpone the climb to next day. Instead we took them for a 4 hour walk to visit the villages of Gurusinga and Lingga, to return by bemo back to Berastagi.

Well, It was a nice day after all!

Karo Lady with Dutch Sunglasses on her nose!

by Bonobo2005

Travelling by local transport - f.e. bemo -always gives great opportunities to meet and observe local people in a relaxed way.

During one such a ride a tobacco / betelnut chewing women (chin and teeth red) asked for our sunglasses and put them on her nose! And then for joke she didn't want to give them back...We couldn't understand what they said, but the situation in the bemo was hilarious.

These people had a so much different approach then those in the famous / infamous "traditional" villages; it's good to experience!

The Poffertjes man

by Bonobo2005

When walking around the village of Gurusinga, suddenly the "poffertjes" man arrived on his bicycle!

Poffertjes are tiny puff pancakes but different than pancakes. Served with powdersugar and butter they are a real treat in Holland so we were pleasantly surprised to see this man coming during our long walking tour around the villages!

But what happened. The local kids gathered around the man - who began making poffertjes on the back of his bicycle - and almost started a fight about who's first haha, we got no single change to order!

One year away from home, the sweet smell of poffertjes and not possible to obtain any! Well...that's part of harsh travelers life, I guess.

Eat with the hand!!!!!

by schlumpf

It was my first time that I had to eat with my hand, without forcs or whatever else..it was so strange for me, and I have to admit that it wasn’t even so simply ...There was a kid beside me that saw my difficulties I guess, as after few seconds all the other kids where smiling on me, because my mouth was completely full of rice...yes, but all around my lips too!!! Like a baby!! Wow!!!
How a simply thing like eat with an hand could create a caos like that?? Then those kids smiled on me for the whole evening!!! Stupid italian guy...hmm

Comments